LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Changing Tables?

Anybody have suggestions for practical abdl changing tables? Obviously, having the right equipment could make the whole process much more enjoyable for the caregiver and less stressful for the person being diapered!

I wonder how true to life changing tables are to the experience in two ways

It makes more sense that changing tables, being nursery furniture, would be more AB than DL, since, as I understand things, strictly speaking from what I have learned here DL's would consider themselves full adults

I also wonder what percentage of AB's actually remember being changed on a changing table (presuming they were potty-trained within the normal age range). I remember two times being diapered and each time was in the downstairs bedroom, around my third birthday give or take a few months either side. I wonder if a changing table is more of a seen nursery item than a remembered-use one

IDK if anyone makes a realistic adult-sized one, but I also see that it wouldn't be hard to make as simple as they are ;) I think the toughest part to come across would be the changing pad, but perhaps a gym-type floor pad would be available in a size that would work.

Could not a massage table due for a DL unit? and be the starting pint for an AB one?

I've always wanted to see one with life-assist for the caregiver to hoist the 'baby's' feet. I once saw such a device in a school for the disabled, it was essentially a hydraulic arm. It may or may not have been to help lift the patient ON to the table though.

That looks more utilitarian than babyish

No HERE is what you want

ct1.jpg

Many baby changing tables I have seen have straps across the chest eara

Really?!

Christine, these days virtually all infant changing tables are sold with safety straps. The one you show in the picture looks to me to be a table sold more than 10 years ago, when those very low sides were popular. They are convenient, but unfortunately enough fussy babies fell off then that the safety straps became common.

I personally don't have an answer since I'm a DL myself but the answer comes mostly from that I'm not in any kind of relationship to fully experience this without any holds barred.

When I said the other table looked more utilitarian than AB, I meant the coloration: wood and a very dark top, Not something you would see in the nursery

Also do not many DL's change standing or sitting?

Christine, certainly most of the adults way into diapers I know well in person identify as AB. Those who self-identify as DL want a minimum connection to the typical props of AB.

I have no idea of how Angela and I got into a conversation about changing tables. I am talking about this

http://www.babyapparels.com/Adult_Changing_Table.html

Being very utilitarian and un-AB by virtue of its coloration

One of my daughters has a folding massage table which would be perfect for someone that needed to be in stealth mode some of the time. The table is engineered to hold the weight of an adult, it's sized for an adult, it's well padded to be comfortable to lie on and when folded up it can be placed conveniently in a closet and some even come with a carry case. If someone were motivated they could easily add a safety belt to the table. If someone were really motivated they might even be able to find some self stick shelf paper with a baby design and cover the plain vinyl with this. They're not even super expensive.