LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Five Guys Burgers and Fries

For those who have never heard of this burger joint, they are a gourmet burger and fries joint. We got 2 pretty much at the same time and everybody was saying how amazing and delicious their food was. So, being the food lover that I am, I went to try them out on my lunch hour.

Yeah, we have several of those out here as well. I tried it a couple of times and yup, was disappointed as well. I got a burger, fries and a drink for over $10 which IS high :glare: and for me it just wasn't worth it. The fries are good, well seasoned, and the free peanuts they have are great! :D and you can't mess up a drink :P

Mt favorite places are Carl's Jr or Wendy's. both have much better tasting food for a LOT less. Example Carl's has a 'big carl' special (their answer to the Big mac) for $5 plus tax (of coarse) this thing is HUGE, 2 big patties, 2 slices of cheese, lettuce,tomatos,1000 dressing and onions...plus fries and a drink....$5! screw 5 guys! :P

wendys has always performed well, it's just sad that more people don't frequent them :( where else can you get a baked potato FAST! ????

Anyway, right there with you in being disappointed in the over priced 5 guys...they can have it...I'll go to better places! :P

under 12$ for a double cheese burger fries and a drink is too much? You'd be spending at least 15$ or more at applebees or red robin, and up to $20 or more at highend restaurants... i'd say thats a pretty good price for that.

• Like 1

Ain't the price that makes a good burger, it's pretty much the same anywhere so long as the same stuff is put on it :rolleyes: But the best was an Ostrichburger at Scuffletown USA back when they had a grill open :D No you ain't ever heard of it, so google it and learn about the South :P

You have to be very careful at Five Guys. The regular items on the menu are all extra large. Order small burgers and fries for regular size portions. Their French fries are wonderfully cut like homemade in the restaurant and then fried in peanut oil. Mickey D's better study this French fry recipe!

I had five guys not to long ago and have to say I found nothing to interesting about it. To me it was bland, and the vegetables even seemed cheap. The fries were little more than average, season was okay I guess, but I have made better. I find it hard to believe they use peanut oil. Likely to get them sued if they don't have a huge warning on it. I never paid attention if they have a warning on it or not. I know when I had my restaurant it was pretty much taboo. Anyway I found a good burger at a neighbor head bar around the corner years ago. It's pretty much the best one around here. Although I did have a baconnator (SP?) at Wendys which I thought was pretty damn good too.

OHHHH IN N' OUT!!!! we don't eat fast food, gave it up completely 4 years ago, buuuuuuutttttttt we make an exception for in n out burger. There are none where we live, so we only get it like 1-2x a year, when we go to california or utah, so we feel if once a year we have a fast food burger and fries... its not toooo bad!!!!

For those who have never heard of this burger joint, they are a gourmet burger and fries joint. We got 2 pretty much at the same time and everybody was saying how amazing and delicious their food was. So, being the food lover that I am, I went to try them out on my lunch hour.

best burger i've ever had was at the Pan Pacific Hotel in seattle wa, we go up around once a year and spend the night there, and get a delicious burger and enjoy the view of the space needle or the lake...

I look at it this way, a burger is a very simple item, a meat patty(hopefully real meat) some condiments and veggies (onions, lettuce tomatoes) maybe some sauces ketchup and mustard.....I mean basic stuff..and yet some places do a great job with them and others don't...for some reason, 5 guys doesn't for me :P why pay $10+ for a burger/fries and a drink when you can get the same thing (better) at say Carl's?

I am a Cheeseburger N*U*T I LOVE the damn things :wub: so needless to say I have eaten a LOT of them over the years and know what I like.

This is going to probably scare some people, but In and Out for me is..."OK" not the best. The only reason being is that their products keep SHRINKING! The burgers keep getting smaller and smaller as prices stay the same, but you get less....which is irritating :glare: if I want a burger...I want a B*U*R*G*E*R! dammit! :P

Having eaten a lot and at a lot of places, Red Robin does make some pretty interesting stuff and I enjoy their burgers, but only go on occasion due to the expense...but I don't mind. Red Robin vs 5 guys, RR wins hands down.

Now to the best and most memorable Burger I have ever had....was back when I was driving trucks and stopped off the 99 on my way to Modesto, at a little stand called "The Big Orange" it was just a round metal shack right off the freeway, painted orange to look like... an Orange :P

They had burgers and Lemon aid, and possibly a couple of other things....but that was about it. Burgers were grilled on a BBQ grill....thats REAL char grilling!...and O**M**G! talk about awesome....just plain yummy. Again, not cheap, but it was a type of mom and pop kind of place, and yet the (dirt) parking lot was always FULL of trucks....to bad they shut down and are no longer around (probably due to freeway expansion/widening and improvements)...*sigh* that was back in the '90's and yet here it is 20 years later and I *STILL* remember that burger....THATS what makes a great burger!! if they were still around I'd be up there as much as possible..but no :(

So it's what ever we have left locally...*shrug* but again...not 5 guys.. :P

Burger King is the best !

OMG *barfs* (wheres that barf emoticon when I need it!)

I'm waiting for someone to post that they think jack in the box is the worlds greatest burgers *gag*