LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store
Sign in to follow this  
happiesxxl

Luvs size 7?

If you consider the success of the pampers size 7, I'm guessing that the answer is "not anytime soon."

Warpiper, as much as I hate to say it, I think the "success" of Pampers Size 7 could easily be the result of having no competition in the first place. Huggies size 6 didn't really begin flying off the shelves until other brands began introducing competing size 6 diapers, and that's something that didn't happen when Size 7 was introduced. The other problem with Pampers Size 7 is probably the Pampers brand itself. Pampers has a reputation for being the most overpriced diaper on the market, and that might have contributed to the poor sales of size 7 diapers. Huggies definitely aren't the cheapest diapers, but they're not as expensive as Pampers, and that probably pushed a few more hesitant people to try them. Luvs is a budget brand--a bag of Luvs can be had for $10 dollars. If Size 7 were to be sold under the Luvs brand with Luvs pricing, I have a feeling the chances of successful sales would be much greater. Of course, that's assuming you could convince retailers that the mess with Pampers was a fluke.

I recently spoke with a customer service rep at P&G who said That marketing was researching a demand for size 7 luvs. Ultimately though I don't think they will because then they would have to discontinue the pampers size 7 line.

On 8/23/2013 at 4:46 PM, Dirty Diaper/Maxipad Lover said:

Warpiper, as much as I hate to say it, I think the "success" of Pampers Size 7 could easily be the result of having no competition in the first place. Huggies size 6 didn't really begin flying off the shelves until other brands began introducing competing size 6 diapers, and that's something that didn't happen when Size 7 was introduced. The other problem with Pampers Size 7 is probably the Pampers brand itself. Pampers has a reputation for being the most overpriced diaper on the market, and that might have contributed to the poor sales of size 7 diapers. Huggies definitely aren't the cheapest diapers, but they're not as expensive as Pampers, and that probably pushed a few more hesitant people to try them. Luvs is a budget brand--a bag of Luvs can be had for $10 dollars. If Size 7 were to be sold under the Luvs brand with Luvs pricing, I have a feeling the chances of successful sales would be much greater. Of course, that's assuming you could convince retailers that the mess with Pampers was a fluke.

Interesting enough, Walmart has introduced size 7 in their brand of diapers. 

On 11/24/2017 at 1:44 PM, Somelildude said:

Interesting enough, Walmart has introduced size 7 in their brand of diapers. 

Have you tried the parents choice size 7? I keep thinking about trying them but the size 6 diapers are smaller then any other size 6 so I am worried the 7 will be the same 

On 11/27/2017 at 9:50 AM, Babyqtboy said:

Have you tried the parents choice size 7? I keep thinking about trying them but the size 6 diapers are smaller then any other size 6 so I am worried the 7 will be the same 

I have not.  I like the Pampers size 6 the best because of the way it is constructed.  Most diapers, adult diapers included, basically have a plastic sheet that the absorbent material is adhered to.  The way Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers are constructed, the whole absorbent section is basically a fully contained pad that is adhered to the plastic backing.  I can easily remove this pad from the backing and have a great insert without making a bunch of slices or holes, whereas other diapers I would have to do this. 

Point is, how I use those baby diapers may be drastically different from how you use them.  I have not tried any size 7s as most of them come in larger quantities than I'm willing to buy for testing purposes.  Also, the point of my post was to point out that size 7 diapers may be gaining interest or popularity.

1 hour ago, Somelildude said:

I have not.  I like the Pampers size 6 the best because of the way it is constructed.  Most diapers, adult diapers included, basically have a plastic sheet that the absorbent material is adhered to.  The way Pampers Swaddlers and Cruisers are constructed, the whole absorbent section is basically a fully contained pad that is adhered to the plastic backing.  I can easily remove this pad from the backing and have a great insert without making a bunch of slices or holes, whereas other diapers I would have to do this. 

Point is, how I use those baby diapers may be drastically different from how you use them.  I have not tried any size 7s as most of them come in larger quantities than I'm willing to buy for testing purposes.  Also, the point of my post was to point out that size 7 diapers may be gaining interest or popularity.

Parents choice size 7 sell really well, I work at a Walmart and we average 2 or 3 cases a day on our truck. I am hesitant to buy any of the new size 7’s like pampers swaddlers or parents choice because the cruisers are actually smaller than the baby dry size 6 and size 6 swaddlers are the same size as size 5. I almost feel like size 7 at this point is just to gas light parents who have late potty training kids

16 hours ago, Babyqtboy said:

Parents choice size 7 sell really well, I work at a Walmart and we average 2 or 3 cases a day on our truck. I am hesitant to buy any of the new size 7’s like pampers swaddlers or parents choice because the cruisers are actually smaller than the baby dry size 6 and size 6 swaddlers are the same size as size 5. I almost feel like size 7 at this point is just to gas light parents who have late potty training kids

That's interesting information.  Good to know!

On 12/2/2017 at 3:52 PM, Somelildude said:

That's interesting information.  Good to know!

I am going to try the pampers swaddlers size 7 and the parents choice size 7 diapers sometime this month and let you know if there’s any benefit or actual size difference 

3 hours ago, Babyqtboy said:

I am going to try the pampers swaddlers size 7 and the parents choice size 7 diapers sometime this month and let you know if there’s any benefit or actual size difference 

Sounds great!  Any thoughts or ideas on the whole not cutting slits in the Pampers?

14 hours ago, Somelildude said:

Sounds great!  Any thoughts or ideas on the whole not cutting slits in the Pampers?

I am tall and skinny so pampers baby dry, swaddlers, and Luvs size 6 all fit me so I have never had to cut slits into them and use them for boosters. As I said earlier, cruisers size 7 are actually smaller than baby dry size 6 but if swaddlers size 7 are bigger than swaddlers size 6 they might be the perfect baby diapers for me, I am just afraid to spend that much on a box and have them not be any bigger