LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Is incontinence a BIG issue

Well I decided to do a dry run for holiday as I'm away next week for a month and even though ill be surrounded by water I put a list together that would give me enough supplies to last and a bit more. Holy shit!

140 diapers, pads, pants, terries, caths, wipes, bed bags, leg bags, bed pads etc etc.

I hope my wife and kids pack light cos this has to fit in the car!

Is it a big issue, well by the size of the pile, yes I should say so.

Thank god I'm not flying, cannot imagine the extra cost involved.

Anyone else traveled away with their supplies? How did you cope or store it?

During my month overseas this summer, I only brought enough supplies for a few days. Then I sourced everything else locally, ie I went to the local medical supply store and asked for pads and diapers.

I have used them literally my whole life, and have NEVER taken that meany with me! - Enough for a few days to a week that's as far as I'll go - if there ever is a need, diapers, exc. is not too had to find, you really want a actual medical supply store any more, but there are plenty of them around.

Thanks for the replys, my reason for taking all the items is I get them free on the nhs and I need the highest absorbency. I also need options as I'm young and although the caths work great they are crap for swimming, sea water makes the glue come off. Pads can be taken out for swimming and used for short trips out etc they are good for a couple of accidents, and I've found the diapers are the most reliable and safe option if I fall asleep, i passed out onece after a long day and woke up in pain as the leg bag was full, in essence i was 'hydro locked'! Funny but painful and sure that doesn't do the bladder any good as it try's to empty.

The euron diapers are great but when alcohol is drunk I only get about 3 hours from one, so 3 in the evening after shower plus one for day if I want plus some tapes will fail, rip or be damaged. I've had some of these problems so I'm just covering myself. Sex is also something to consider, a cath commits you really but a diaper can be taken off at any point and thrown, again using more, and with the sun shining bright me and wifey tend to have plenty.

I'm sure it won't all get used as the hot weather has calmed my bladder down from about 20 ish wee's a day to maybe 15 with less amount due to sweating.

I did take a picture to post but posting pics with an iPhone doesn't seem to work. I probably am taking too much but it's my first holiday since becoming incontinent, no doubt I will learn very quickly how to adapt my routine to suit.

My reference to big, was the size of the pile, if i could post the piccy! we're driving and I've got a big car!

I will carry up to a week with me when i travel but that is like max 21-30 diapers (DEPENDING ON BRAND/Model) .... which easily fit in my large suitcase... for longer trips i will ship a package to my hotel room and have it waiting when i check in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, holiday is over and I can now report on what I actually used over 3 1/2 weeks.

56 all in ones euron super plus

20 tena super pads for short trips out

About 15 caths, couldn't wear them at night too much as wife said I snore too much laying on my back, so I was forced into diapers and rubbers by my wife ( a little kinky xx)

About 15 bed pads

The thing that made the difference was the heat and the fact most days I was around water, pool and the sea and out on the yacht so if I did have a accident I just jumped in and washed the deck or poored a bottle of water over me, ooops how did that happen!!

Using the cath and bag for driving was super as I just used a night bag down by my feet and didn't have any leaks apart from one point where I moved my feet and didn't relise I'd pressed in the empty valve and 1.5 litres of pee flooded onto my car mat. Thank god they are rubber mats and it just poored out of the door pretty much! Being a Landrover the floor is flat to the door so any water just goes out through the seal.

All in all I had a wonderful time and my incon didn't stop us having a great

time. I'll know how much to take next time, like everybody you have to learn what's right for you.

Another thing, when I got home home today there was a letter from the continence nurse to my doctor. I've been incontinent since feb now but when you read letters like this it still sinks in deep about how bad a problem you have.

Some lines for you:

"He has had a sudden onset in feb this year of gross urinary incontinence which his symptom profile seems to indicate oab."

"He does not have any deferement time"

"I have arranged for him to receive all in one (nappy) type products"

I mean, holly shit, that's from a nurse to my gp, pretty amazing letter to read.

• 2 years later...

I always take my pads and inco supplies with me when travelling in the UK. I haven't been abroad since becoming IC so I guess this will be a challenge. How easy is it to buy stuff in the US

WalMart has stores all over here and they have a wide selection of cheap Incon supplies. Bigger cities will have "Medical Supply" stores which might have better products. Pharmacies (chemists) also stock some cheap supplies and are everywhere. No problem finding something you can use at retail here, but tough to find the good products so most folks order online for the better selection and better prices.

Bettypooh

Good to know I can get nappies etc easy in the U.S. but as I usually bring few clothes with me and buy from Walmart etc I shall probably bring a fair few pads and nappies etc with me now I know customs are not bothered. I certainly wouldn't be embarrassed about anyone seeing them during an inspection.

My urologist and my continence nurse both told me that it is highly likely there are at least twice as many people suffering than the medical profession know about as many people just manage without ever telling anyone. Both my Mother and Grandmother were incontinent in old age and just dealt with it best they could by them selves. Only close family ever knew.

Yeah, holiday packing is difficult.

I have a five-day engagement in Melbourne sometime later this year.

In addition to all the stuff I would have packed prior to incontinence, I also need to pack 20 Abena M3s (daily wear), 4 ABU Simples (for the flights there and back), my cloth diapers, and at least two onesies. It all starts to take up a lot of space pretty quickly.

The logistics can be an issue but there are several ways you can make it easier. Buying on arrival, ordering ahead and having it shipped to where you'll be, or shipping a package to there yourself. Plus most airlines will allow free cartage for medically necessary luggage though you'll still have to carry it.

Incontinence can be a big issue but you can reduce the burden and problems somewhat. With lots of things in life that's about the best you can do,

Bettypooh

The first few times my wife and I traveled after going 24/7 we grossly overpacked. Now that we've done it several times we are much better at calculating how many diapers, pads and other supplies will be needed for a given trip... it's just a matter of experience.

1 hour ago, Darkfinn said:

The first few times my wife and I traveled after going 24/7 we grossly overpacked. Now that we've done it several times we are much better at calculating how many diapers, pads and other supplies will be needed for a given trip... it's just a matter of experience.

Same here you soon learn. I always take more than I need though.