LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Becoming a bedwetter

I tried to acheive it for at least a year. I wet my bed most nights till my mid-teens and wasn't safe from it till my early twenties :rolleyes: So I thought it would be easy- wrong! :o You can train yourself subconsciously to wet in your sleep when you need to, but you can't control the bodies production of vasopressin (sp?) which shuts down your kidneys urine production when you're asleep. With enough time it's possible that your body will learn that this is no longer necessary but nobody can say just how long that will be and all the accounts of this vary quite a bit, shortest perhaps a year and longest being no success in 40+ years :whistling:

Guest YoungZeppelin

I agree with bettypooh in that everyone varies. I have read a lot of stuff of people wanting IC or Bed wetting but miss the idea that it requires patience. Unless you are going to mutilate yourself, real bed wetting takes time and different results might happen. For example, it might be easier for woman or men who are over their 40s. I think that would make a great poll, if you made yourself IC or BW whats is your age, gender, and time it took, then you can take the results and give people a good idea.

I agree. You have the bliss of a peaceful night's sleep. Then you awaken in the morning completely rested relaxed and without the discomfort of a full bladder, just the warmth of a wet diaper. It is a situation much to be desired, in my opinion.

I second Bettypooh, and also add that for me the excitement I get from waking up wet is arousing. There's also the point that since I don't wake up in the middle of the night to pee, that I wake up in the morning much more rested and energized.

I am completely at a loss as to why some people think their ambition would be fulfilled if they slept through their nocturnal micturition.

Where is the enjoyment? No warm, trickling or naughty feelings.

It is as pointless as sleeping through a movie!.

Well I find a full nights uninterrupted sleep to be quite enjoyable.

Since I am always in total control, the sensation of waking up in a wet diaper with no awareness of wetting is interesting and enjoyable.

Well my reason for wanting genuine bedwetting besides the nice feeling of a wet / soaking diaper, is because I simply don't like waking up with a almost painfull full bladder.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed almost a pattern for those of you successful of bed wetting taking around six months. Would you guys agree? I've tried a bunch of times, latest & longest straight, 56 days and had two successes toward the end, well one for sure then next night pretty sure (damm new dry24/7's can't tell sometimes) then nothing.

A lot of people do. That's the reason many don't sleep well while diapered and have trouble learning to wet their diaper at night.

I agree. You have the bliss of a peaceful night's sleep. Then you awaken in the morning completely rested relaxed and without the discomfort of a full bladder, just the warmth of a wet diaper. It is a situation much to be desired, in my opinion.

My problem is I already don't wake up having to pee, so I find it highly unlikely I will ever be a bedwetter. I just wake up with a very full bladder in the morning, it certainly would be nice to not wake up in the morning with a bursting bladder.

Wondering if one could do the opposite though of how bedwetters try to stop. Instead of setting an alarm to get up to go pee in the toilet, set one to wake up to go pee in your diaper.

A full bladder is a product of holding it, whether consciously or unconsciously.

To have nocturnal enurisis the holding response must be defeated so that the body unconsciously releases.

No alarm is needed, simply consume more fluid than your bladder will hold overnight. If you wake up, just go pee lying there, and go back to sleep. Eventually, you won't wake up when you need to go.

A full bladder is a product of holding it, whether consciously or unconsciously.

To have nocturnal enurisis the holding response must be defeated so that the body unconsciously releases.

No alarm is needed, simply consume more fluid than your bladder will hold overnight. If you wake up, just go pee lying there, and go back to sleep. Eventually, you won't wake up when you need to go.

A lot of diapers hold more than 2 quarts. (Over 64 oz).. Add in a booster- or two, and your at 128 or more ounces. Id say if your still worried double up, and lay down a liner and sleep soundly.

Having drank over a gallon and then slept for over 15 hours- getting another 64 oz. In when waking up. Without changing. This works just fine.

Buuuuuut... some people have utterly shocking bladder capacities. I personally have slugged down a quart of beer at 7pm and only fully woke up to pee at 11am. And there's no way any absorbent product made can hold such an amount, therefore making the likelihood of trusting the diaper and just going pretty low. If you're like me you'll probably want to go 24/7 for a while or hold to a 45-minute to 1-hour go-to-the-bathroom timer to reduce capacity.

You missed the holding part, if your bladder fills at all, you are holding it closed.

Reverse Kegalls and practice will allow the bladder to empty at much smaller volumes, in time you can have a half wet diaper in the morning without consuming addition fluid before bed.

You're missing the part where people with large bladder capacity just sleep through the night, waking up in the morning with an aching bladder and possibly kidneys. I used to have this problem. Until I started setting an alarm around three hours after bedtime and three before I woke up. At least during the time I was diapered at night. Now, I wake up to wet or sleep through, I'm not sure which. And if I drink too much water on a dry night, I wake up around midnight, usually only once though.

Remember that bedwetting is NOT about control, muscle strength, etc. it is simply about creating a pattern while sleeping.

That's the most difficult part is creating that new pattern after holding it for so many years.

I myself have a bladder that can hold upwards of 64 oz or more without hurting. Creating a pattern during sleep that it's both okay as well as normal to wet either in a diaper and/or (or not) in normal cloth in is the most difficult aspect.

For those looking for alarms- check out an option like an "up band" (which can also be good to track sleep during this time).. You can set an alarm every few hours to wake you in light sleep. It will vibrate your wrist band until you turn it off. Can help create that pattern.

(Also good if you sleep with anyone else)

In either case. Once you create a pattern. Have the comfort level, start moving the times from 30 min. To 45 min. To 1 hour.

Eventually you'll wet without waking. Make sure to have a safe environment so your not working against your mind. (Protected bed)

You're missing the part where people with large bladder capacity just sleep through the night, waking up in the morning with an aching bladder and possibly kidneys. I used to have this problem. Until I started setting an alarm around three hours after bedtime and three before I woke up. At least during the time I was diapered at night. Now, I wake up to wet or sleep through, I'm not sure which. And if I drink too much water on a dry night, I wake up around midnight, usually only once though.

Agreed.

A person with large bladder capacity should also empty it frequently to create a pattern where the bladder empties long before it's full.

I recently started up wearing at night again and within a week i had 4 wet nights, when i dont remember wetting.

Now i wet every night.

You dont really need to drink loads of water. Just get used to always wearing and going potty in your nappy.

Eventually your body will just let it happen

• 2 weeks later...

I think it depends entirely on how comitted to reaching your goal. If you really want to be a bedwetter then you will succed. As someone who enjoys being a bedwetter I can understand why you would want to acheive this but you must weigh up all the pros and cons first. Once this is done then go for it. Stay comitted to your goal, relax and enjoy the journey and don't worry about the side effects such as smell's leaks, ruined bedding etc. A true bedwetter has no control over these issues and must deal with them as thy happen and so must you.