LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Continence clinic and nurse uk

So far I've had liver and kidney tests, uti tests and I had been referred to the clinic in Cwmbran.i would like to share my experience should someone else be going through these early stages of diagnosis.

I first saw the doctor in the end of feb and after referral to the continence nurse it took about 6 weeks to get an appointment.

On arrival as soon as I stepped out the car my bladder gave way and dumped its load. Waited in waiting room and was called in. I was greeted by 2 nurses, one a trainee, very friendly. Once I'd talked about the fact I had wet day and night they looked and my bladder diary and as I had been wearing diapers I weighed them, she took about. 5 secs to grab the order form for all in ones.

She was like, how many pads do you use, how many a day and what do you want. They only dispense euron so I asked for super plus.'i have also been referred to a healthcare company in Cardiff for other appliances.

I also had a bladder scan and she was 90% sure I was suffering withs severe case of oab wet.

I had to call the company as the nurse that was supposed to come out is on holiday and I too go away soon for holiday.

They have been brilliant! Great beat health care, well done!

I wales down the post office the other day in full nappy attire, onsie and shirt and nearly collapsed In the heat. I came home to a package full of leg bags, caths, wipes, preps etc. and to be honest it had changed my life. I don't have to worry about concealing my diaper, I'm cool, and the condom caths work well. I've had some blow out issues at night but I put this down to kinks and sleeping position. Currently using the manfred Bauer cath with great bear leg bag and night bags.

The one thing that has disappointed me about the nhs is the time it's taken to get aids to get on with my life. I've been spending about £150 every 6 weeks on diapers and have only just got some supplies. It's almost as though they don't see incontinence as a big issue. I worked out that since feb I'd pee'd more than. 120 gallons of pee during the night alone. Imagine your bed and cieling?

They really should have offered that help first . They call it pad dependancy, I call it, without the nappies I'd have been screwed! Thank god for tena maxis!

So, now I'm waiting urodynamics and another scan to see what's going on. I feel like a normal 34 year old again.

I will a update ASAP, speak soon all

Memenbers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

So far I've had liver and kidney tests, uti tests and I had been referred to the clinic in Cwmbran.i would like to share my experience should someone else be going through these early stages of diagnosis.

I first saw the doctor in the end of feb and after referral to the continence nurse it took about 6 weeks to get an appointment.

On arrival as soon as I stepped out the car my bladder gave way and dumped its load. Waited in waiting room and was called in. I was greeted by 2 nurses, one a trainee, very friendly. Once I'd talked about the fact I had wet day and night they looked and my bladder diary and as I had been wearing diapers I weighed them, she took about. 5 secs to grab the order form for all in ones.

She was like, how many pads do you use, how many a day and what do you want. They only dispense euron so I asked for super plus.'i have also been referred to a healthcare company in Cardiff for other appliances.

I also had a bladder scan and she was 90% sure I was suffering withs severe case of oab wet.

I had to call the company as the nurse that was supposed to come out is on holiday and I too go away soon for holiday.

They have been brilliant! Great beat health care, well done!

I wales down the post office the other day in full nappy attire, onsie and shirt and nearly collapsed In the heat. I came home to a package full of leg bags, caths, wipes, preps etc. and to be honest it had changed my life. I don't have to worry about concealing my diaper, I'm cool, and the condom caths work well. I've had some blow out issues at night but I put this down to kinks and sleeping position. Currently using the manfred Bauer cath with great bear leg bag and night bags.

The one thing that has disappointed me about the nhs is the time it's taken to get aids to get on with my life. I've been spending about £150 every 6 weeks on diapers and have only just got some supplies. It's almost as though they don't see incontinence as a big issue. I worked out that since feb I'd pee'd more than. 120 gallons of pee during the night alone. Imagine your bed and cieling?

They really should have offered that help first . They call it pad dependancy, I call it, without the nappies I'd have been screwed! Thank god for tena maxis!

So, now I'm waiting urodynamics and another scan to see what's going on. I feel like a normal 34 year old again.

I will a update ASAP, speak soon all

Memenbers

It took about 6 weeks for my referal to the continence advisor to come through and about the same time for my urologist appointment too. Once diagnosed though I was soon allowed free pads on the NHS although I only get a limited amount and if I need more I have to buy them. Ebay is a good place for bargains.

It's amazing how many people like calling them pads. A pad is something a woman used when she is bleeding. Incontinence is a much heavier flow (albeit pee instead of blood). Pads are not adequate enough for incontinence, hence the reason why we use diapers (or nappies). It actually is ok to call them what they are you know.

It's amazing how many people like calling them pads. A pad is something a woman used when she is bleeding. Incontinence is a much heavier flow (albeit pee instead of blood). Pads are not adequate enough for incontinence, hence the reason why we use diapers (or nappies). It actually is ok to call them what they are you know.

Pads are exactly what they are. I do not wear nappies well not most of the time. I am supplied by the NHS Continence service anotomically shaped large incontinence

Those pads suck I have used them before my incontinence supplier agreed to supply better diapers through Medicaid, I'd use up my monthly supply and they could only offer me the pads. Now I get two cases of abena X Plus plastic backed L4s and one case and one bag of Tranquility ATNs a month.

Being the cheapest option, pads are where they usually start but of course they will tell you it's because people don't like to wear diapers <_< We know that's a lie :P

Pads, like diapers, vary in absorbency but are all in the minimal range. It's good enough for some, but many need more than they offer. It's where I got my start in wearing but a few months later I 'graduated' to diapers and I haven't looked back :P

Well, I suppose that is the transition for most of us.

We start off diapered, graduate to training pants or pads, then underwear. As we get older a lot of people end up back in training pants (ie pull-on absorbent underwear) or pads, and eventually we end up in diapers again.

If I was diapered again at 20, does that make me advanced? What about those who never got out of diapers, are they geniuses?

For the most part they work well for me. What was a pain was being forced to try various absorbancy levels. I knew that the plus ones were no good but to get them free on the NHS I had to prove this. Anyway no I get Maxi Pads for night use and extra ones for daytime use and they keep me dry .

I find that the higher capacity pads are comparable in effectiveness to low capacity diapers. Compare Abena pad no 7 with AbriFlex M1.

I don't trust pads as much as diapers, though. They can move and that makes me nervous.

There are situations where pad are more convenient, such as when hiking in Hawaii: it's hot so I cannot wear waterproof pants (breathable or plastic), but I still need to change my protection during the hike. I found the combination of AbriFix and Abena pads to be optimal for that.

• 1 month later...

If I wear my pads held in place with net pants and a pair of incontinence pants over the lot my pad stays in place and does it's job. I wet heavily most nights and only leak occasionally which my kylie soaks up and I remain comfortable and sleep through until morning.

Those pads suck I have used them before my incontinence supplier agreed to supply better diapers through Medicaid, I'd use up my monthly supply and they could only offer me the pads. Now I get two cases of abena X Plus plastic backed L4s and one case and one bag of Tranquility ATNs a month.

I guess everyone is different. They work fine for me. I supose it depends how much you wet and how often you change. My daytime wetting isn't to bad I tend to drip and dribble all day but not have any major gushes where as ast night once asleep my bladder just empties as it wants. Sometime more than once a night and other times just a gradual flow or at least I think it does judging by how wet I've felt if I've woke at different times during the night.