LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Things to know before ordering?

Hey everyone! I've posted before that someday I'd like to try cloth. I've previously purchased plastic pants from local drug stores. Sadly something is always off with them.

My first pair had snaps on the sides and as a tummy/side sleeper, this just didn't work at all. My second pair were perfect in the legs, but the waist was so big that everything leaked out the top or they would slide down in my sleep. (I should get a proper onesie I know) My last pair were perfect material (plastic inside and fabric on the outside), but the leg openings were too small so I improvised by cutting them to size. While they worked just fine, going forward I know the cuts will rip eventually.

So my question is about what I should know about sizing on plastic pants before I go ordering online. I want it to fit in the waist and the legs with some room since my disposable night diapers are pretty thick. Any tips, tricks, and suggestions from the pros?

No real tips or tricks from me except that you have to try a few bad ones before you find the one that works for you. On that note I do have some plastic pants that I am looking to get rid of I just need to dig them out and post them to see if someone else can use what I can't.

Well, you need to know your waist size. Your hip size with the diaper and things like that. Leg size is seldom an issue but it can be in some cases

Now, if you look at a size chart, you may find that a compnay sizes their panties either very narrowly, like Comco or with a large range, like A C Medical. Now In the case of either of those, I can fit into both a medium and large. There are reviews linked to under my signature so that you can see what I am talking about. A C Medical has two lines of color/print panties that overlap. Susan and Christy, the difference is the leg size. The waist sizes are the same. With the Babykins I can fit into Medium, Large and X-Large

In terms of choosing your panties, you will want a good page about them

PAXIE! :D

Plastic pants and cloth diapers are kind of tough to get right, right out of the bag. Like disposables it might take some trial and error, which can be expensive :(

Since you are dealing with plastic pants here and now, I'll stick to that. Sizing really depends on where they are made. Going back a bit, VI Products plastic pants were sized almost perfectly. What they quoted was what they fit. They were made here in the US, and knew what they were doing. I looked at both medium and large, and though I wear medium sized diapers (cloth and disp) I ordered the large plastic pants because of the leg size, and they work great, I just wish they were still available :(

I have found stuff thats made in Canada tends to run small, so when I get around to ordering from Babykins, i wont order the large, but the extra large :blush: simply because things they make are smaller for some reason, so I have to go a size up. This seems to be true for most foreign manufacturers, such as all the stuff flooding in from China, it all runs small.

I haven't tried any of the stuff from other vendors here in the US like Gary or ADC leak master because I don't like the design, but thats just me, as I'm picky. I did get some Comco pants off Ebay in large and didn't like them because the wide elastics in the legs and waist bugged me :badmood: they fit OK, but the elastics were just ......weird :P

So I'm still shopping along with you, but my field is rather narrow as to what I want and like. I'm considering PUL pants, and I know those run small too, and don't stretch, so again I have to go a size up.

Leg size is important for me, having 25" thighs (lots of bike riding) so thats where my issues lie.

The best think I can think of is if you find something you like, email the seller / manufacturer with questions BEFORE ordering, to save the hassle and pain of getting something that doesn't work. I think that babykins will do custom orders as well as Comco, but you have to ask. Give, them your measurements as Christine said, and add any other thoughts or concerns so that you have everything covered, an go from there. It might cost a bit more, but having something that fits, is comfortable and works for you is worth it :thumbsup:

Hope this helps sport! :D

Like the others said, make sure you know your own dimensions first and look up their sizing charts. Nearly every site has them, and if not you can email them to confirm it any ways. As long as you're in the right size range you should be ok. There are a few other sites that will also custom make your size too- but those tend to be more expensive.

From a different perspective, it sounds to me as though you are expecting the waterproof pants to do more than they are capable of. With cloth diapers, you need enough absorbency so that they don't become saturated to the point of leaking. All waterproof pants are supposed to do is create a barrier between a wet diaper and your clothes (or whatever you are sitting on). I recently made a soaker layer out of a material called Zorb. It is an absorbent material that gets sandwiched in-between two layers of cloth (flannel, in my case). There is also a material called Zorb 2 that can be cut and used as-is inside a diaper. (Traditional Zorb should not go against your skin). When the diaper and soaker panel are used together, it holds the moisture so that all the waterproof pants have to do is cover it up to keep whatever is outside, dry. Leg openings, however, can always be a source for leakage. You don't want the elastic to be too tight or else it will irritate your legs. Once again, if the diaper and soaker layer are doing their job, there should be no puddling or leaking. You'd also want to change the diaper before it gets too wet. Hope this information helps.

PAXIE! :D

Plastic pants and cloth diapers are kind of tough to get right, right out of the bag. Like disposables it might take some trial and error, which can be expensive :(

Since you are dealing with plastic pants here and now, I'll stick to that. Sizing really depends on where they are made. Going back a bit, VI Products plastic pants were sized almost perfectly. What they quoted was what they fit. They were made here in the US, and knew what they were doing. I looked at both medium and large, and though I wear medium sized diapers (cloth and disp) I ordered the large plastic pants because of the leg size, and they work great, I just wish they were still available :(

I have found stuff thats made in Canada tends to run small, so when I get around to ordering from Babykins, i wont order the large, but the extra large :blush: simply because things they make are smaller for some reason, so I have to go a size up. This seems to be true for most foreign manufacturers, such as all the stuff flooding in from China, it all runs small.

I haven't tried any of the stuff from other vendors here in the US like Gary or ADC leak master because I don't like the design, but thats just me, as I'm picky. I did get some Comco pants off Ebay in large and didn't like them because the wide elastics in the legs and waist bugged me :badmood: they fit OK, but the elastics were just ......weird :P

So I'm still shopping along with you, but my field is rather narrow as to what I want and like. I'm considering PUL pants, and I know those run small too, and don't stretch, so again I have to go a size up.

Leg size is important for me, having 25" thighs (lots of bike riding) so thats where my issues lie.

The best think I can think of is if you find something you like, email the seller / manufacturer with questions BEFORE ordering, to save the hassle and pain of getting something that doesn't work. I think that babykins will do custom orders as well as Comco, but you have to ask. Give, them your measurements as Christine said, and add any other thoughts or concerns so that you have everything covered, an go from there. It might cost a bit more, but having something that fits, is comfortable and works for you is worth it :thumbsup:

Hope this helps sport! :D

It is amazing what is forgotten. This was once second nature to any girl by the time she was 9 and learned by playing with dolls. it should not be difficult at all. Of course, diapering babies was common knowledge. However that was for girls. Selecting diapers for yourself may have always been difficult for most persons, especially in the age of trying to micro-manage things like fit that began in the 1960's as diffeent kinds of diapers came out, like contour and hourglass

Also back in the day, diapers were used under medical supervision so doctors and nursies were the sources of knowledge and the user onlyhad to follow instructions. For myself, All I needed to do was to find a way to to make larger versions of what were used when I was younger. Just about everything I tried worked more or less well until I figured it out. The big problem was finding wide-crotch panties

Thanks everyone for your input. My understanding of the use of plastic pants is to create the barrier. However, without having tried cloth entirely, I can't really gauge the use of the plastic pants properly I suppose. I've only worn them over disposables.

As I've occasionally mentioned before, I'm a very heavy night time wetter. So I still haven't found a combo that works for me through the night. I may have to face the fact that a night time change may be needed. We shall see how everything goes.

Thanks again! :)

Paxy

Double or triple diaper at night and full-cut, high waist panties like the Comco or A. C. Medical Susan or Christy. If you are near the upper edge of the size, then go to the next larger. Of course you can always make your own diapers. You can also double-panty, some persons in DPF recommended that with rubber panties over plastic ones. Also you have the option of a plastic sanitary slip over the panties which A. C. Medical also sells

• 3 weeks later...

I am not fond of the Babykins. The material is a bit scratchy, I like the Comco. the material is smooth and they are fuller than the Bk's. The Babykins rubber are very good and are almost exact duplicates of what was put on those who were no longer babi3es;e, even to age 9 and was what was put on Linda and me sometimes. Linda being nighttime incon and since I could not hold it for the night and the toilet was in part of the house that would be difficutl to access at night (You had to go out the back door, around the side and into the basement and turn on the light), I whas diapered. That was to end when I turned 10 but but they moved away when I was a bit older than 9-1/2

Another girl in my life who wore them very often was one I knew form the time I was 8 until almost 12 and she was early 4 to 7. Her name was Debbie. when I was almost 12 she moved away. So I kind of call them "debbies"

so Comco snap panties, Comco pull on panties and Babykins's rubber are most like what I am used to. There were also some oddball panties Debbie also had a pair of opaque mint green panties, I did not get to touch them but they looked like sommth material and some opaque white ones, but mostly it was the ivory robber ones like Babykins

Like the others said, make sure you know your own dimensions first and look up their sizing charts. Nearly every site has them, and if not you can email them to confirm it any ways. As long as you're in the right size range you should be ok. There are a few other sites that will also custom make your size too- but those tend to be more expensive.

I think I should add that you have to take the bulk of the diaper into account when picking the right plastic-pant size. (Believe me, I learned this the hard way).

Where were you getting your panties from? the seams and material of Comco last longer than the elastics and that is years and years and they feel like real baby panty material, not some alien thing. Also they look like some of what go on my dollies (see my reviews)

Where were you getting your panties from? the seams and material of Comco last longer than the elastics and that is years and years and they feel like real baby panty material, not some alien thing. Also they look like some of what go on my dollies (see my reviews)

I got them through Amazon, but I think they get them from Baby Pants.

Read my reviews undr my sig. You will find pretty much the best that are out there at a good price