LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adult Babyz And The Law- Plz Respond!

I was wondering if there are any laws that protect adult babies from say getting fired at work due to discriminatory acts against their lifestyle as an adult baby. MAINLY regarding California state laws.

Even if recreational diaper wearing put you in a protected class (and it doesn't), its still pretty easy for them to fire you. They'll watch you like a hawk and bust you for the everyday stuff that everyone does. Showing up a few minutes late, spending too much time on the internet, etc. If you expect your lifestyle to be an issue at work, it would be a good idea to keep it under wraps.

It is generally wise to have a lot of space between one's work and one's personal life ;) The two are often not compatible, especially when you have a weird interest like being ABDL. Nobody is absolutely safe from being fired- even the self-employed can lose work over this, so play it safe and keep the two parts of your life separated enough so that one part does not cause problems in the other part B) It's easier to avoid problems than try to solve them :thumbsup:

• Like 2

ADA prevents discrimination based upon and disability. Realistically speaking, if your employer does happen to find out that you wear diapers the automatic assumption would be that you wear them because you need them for incontinence, and any employer that knows the law would be better off acting like the issue of your diapers isn't even there. If they do happen to ask then yes, you need to wear diapers, and don't explain it any further than that. If you want to get really technical, an otherwise sane and capable individual using diapers could be said to have a form of functional incontinence.

The OP doesn't seem to be asking about discrimination for wearing diapers. She states that it's her lifestyle as an adult baby. This makes it seem like it's not just diapers but more than that. Maybe the OP can enlighten us as to the extent of her lifestyle while at work.

OP needs to give us more details. Are you planning on wearing diapers to work or something? How exactly would your "lifestyle" come up as a topic of discussion at work in the first place?

Levels of "AB-ness" vary, but I too would like to know how much of the ABDL thing is being taken to work here :huh: California does have some strong anti-discrimination laws but I seriously doubt that they cover this. Unless incontinence is claimed, most who wear diapers to work have no legal protections over that :(

Yes, California Statute 5234.1b states your employeer does not have the right to fire you for coming to work dressed like an adult baby or dressing as one outside of work.

PS. Don't look up that statute.

Well, aside from the sarcasm, there are instances an employeer may fire you for your image outside of work. Think about it. If you have a life outside of work that tarnishes yours and the company you work for image, it wouldn't be long before Ba, Bye!! Especial goverment jobs or jobs that put you in the public eye. If you work for McDonalds as a cashier, what you do outside of work, who cares but corporate McDonald, maybe.

Think about this. When you get hired you are agreeing to work in exchange for money. Either one may end that agreement at any time...for the most part. Almost always, you don't have the "right" to be employed by your employeer. A job is not an entitlement. You cannot be fired for a slew of reasons but you'd have to prove, you got fired for one of those reasons to ave a case.

My suggestion is if you are concerned that your activities outside your place of employment could adversely affect your career unfairly, then consult a qualified and experienced labor attorney.

I have been wearing diapers 24/7 (and thus to work) for a few years now. Never had a problem with it, I don't think anyone ever noticed. If they did they are likely going to look the other way. Funny fact: Everyone at work thinks I am the straight arrow who doesn't have a kinky side...

also depends if your state is "right to work" or "at will"

A Right to Work law secures the right of employees to decide for themselves whether or not to join or financially support a union.

A Right to Work law secures the right of employees to decide for themselves whether or not to join or financially support a union.

It has nothing to do with discrimination laws

Well, I suppose if you were covered under a collective bargaining agreement, there would be a clearer recourse if you were terminated.

"Right to Work" has also prevented my employment. I was far and away the top candidate for a job opening and all was nice until I was told that I'd have to shave my beard since the business owner did not like facial hair. Back then I had a beard that ZZ Top would have been jealous of and it did not interfere with the work I was doing :D I offered to trim it back to a reasonable length and to maintain it neatly, but I would not cut it off. The interviewer was baffled and said "You mean that you'd give up a chance for a job like this over a beard?" I said "No, that's not it at all. I am not willing to have my employer tell me how to live my life, and I think that anyone who does this just to have a job has sold their American freedom for a dollar. They do not belong in my country, nor does the person asking such things of them" B) Of course that offended them so out the door I went, head held high and with a better job coming a few days later. I went back by there later on and told them how their competitor had hired me and that I was going to prove my worth as a good employee by putting them out of business. And that happened too, though I was not the only one involved in making it happen :roflmao: Vy chance I saw my interviewer later an asked how they were doing- they were still out of work :P Stroking my still-long beard I said, "Gee, that's too bad- sucker!" laughing as I walked off. I'm a lot different these days but I still hold that when someone is not being paid, nobody has any right to tell them what to do :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Getting back on topic and off the "right to work" topic, I was let go from a job after they learned of my diaper wearing. Did they say it was because of the diaper wearing, no. But they used it to start looking at me and came up with reasons (many which were common practice with most employees) to let me go. I consulted a lawyer after being let go and was informed that I had no recourse with the company and that they were with in all their rights to let me go. He said we could go to court we may win back my job but all of the information about the diapers would come out and it was highly unlikely that I would be able to get a job anywhere if it did come out. I chose to move on with life. I am doing ok now not where I want to be back to yet in my professional life but doing ok personally at least.