LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What LG would not just love to have this for tea time?

Like I said. Everything is real; read full-size , probably Mekmac. Would you give a 5 year old little girl china or anything glass if you had any sense.? I got all the pink (bowls, saucers and small plates, platter, cups, sugar bowl and crem pitcher) for about $4 and the rest I added with the whole

Around 1992 I was looking for a tea set and had a good idea of what I wanted. I thought I would have to builid it up gradually from what I could get at goodwill and thrift stores. One day I was in the Goodwill store downtown and I saw this huge set of dishes.

I would have liked something from the early 1950's but you get what you can and I am not mouch for things with designss anyway. that style seems a bit garish, distracting and "busy" to me and it always seemed that the things with more "class" were very uncluttered since the 18th century. Besides that, at the price, it was an offer I could not refuse Just being pink was all that needed to be said (or seen)

• 4 weeks later...

Tell that to Linda Camara. She was outside playing with a Pyrex cup, She ran to answer her mother's call, tripped and net result: glass eye

I happen to know that story because she is my cousin

Any questions?

As to my qualifications: MA Psych Rhode Island College (education oriented) 1978 two courses that I had to take were Human Developmenht and Personality Development of Children, both under Dr. Phillip Very

There is a big difference between having a child learn about materials like dinner plates and drinking glasses, under close, constant supervision and playthings made of glass. Shit happens: And in a heartbeat. You only need to look away for a milisecond and it can be all over. It is about tempting Mruphy

Yet

And I will not even tell you about some of my exploits

Guest *~Andi~*

Just so it is known... I am not instigating any matters or trying to start stuff but being that I am a teacher I am going to put my two cents worth in here. :littleangel:

I have a Bachelors Degree- Interdisciplinary Studies aka I'm a teacher... ^_^ i have worked with children of all ages. i have been both a live in nanny and a child minder outside the home as Lanny calls it. I have worked in the school with ages 4 which in the United states is Preschool classification. I have also worked with Kindergarten ages and higher 5+. I have a 7 year old daughter myself. These are my qualifications.. just so I have a reason to why i am posting my personal opinion. :whistling:

In my preschool classroom there WERE tin tea sets. :huh: I never saw any child have a problem in using them. They are age appropriate materials. Accidents do happen but that is simply what they are, accidents... this can happen with any type of toy, regardless of its make.

My daughter attended the daycare at the college where I attained my teaching degree from and they were NAEYC certified, which is a very highly certified daycare. Im not explaining it here, if you would like the information on it...... http://www.naeyc.org/ However, that fact is that this place also had such items as china sets for little girls and other accouterments because they were heavily play based for learning at that age level. If the NAEYC says its ok to have, then Im pretty sure that its ok considering hey are the professionals to go to o this kind of age appropriate learning material. Anything that went into that school had to be educational and ok'd through them via the daycare facility's leader.

Ive been in multiple classrooms over the course of my time in the school system. I did student teaching in a PRE-K (4-5 AGE RANGE) classroom and they had all kinds of toys... accidents happened with all kinds of toys. i remember one kid who had a building block in home center give him a goose egg on his head after he tripped running across the room with it and fell smack onto it. :doh: Accidents happen. Third grade student teaching class... kid cut themself. with a pencil sharpener. :screwy: literally... he tried to sharpen his finger. Accidents happen, and then there are those things that arent accidents and are just plain incidents of what the hell? :wtf2:

My daughter... 7 years old... has had a kitchen set in her room since she was 3 and has had a tea set since then as well. Actually has a whole kitchen set. Kitchen set is plastic. Tea set is one of those little china ones. She was 3 when she got it... Shes 7 now. Guess what, never have had an issue. hmm... Maybe Im a good parent. OMG. :o

So with this being said. I think it stands to say that its a matter of what the educational system views as being right which apparently if an educational system deems it ok to have such things in a school setting then well... hmm.

At some point everyone has to learn about everything ;) That includes how to handle delicate items- not only china but flowers, lace, paper goods, the list goes on and on :P Sure, accidents happen and they always will but that's no reason to keep playthings unbreakable, when at an appropriate age level they will deal with this well :D Being a kid means beginning to learn to deal with the real world where care must be taken with many things. I am reminded here that there's the world "Adult" in AK which means that we know how to handle china, so there's no need to restrict ones self to plastic :rolleyes: Besides I like keeping things in proportion to my now-bigger size and I have never seen plastic adult-sized cups and saucers like the tea sets my sisters had :(

It gets hard to ignore a real event, that is, a thing that DID happen and puts a human face on an abstraction

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm with lanthey on this, children should be supervised and given opertunity. If they can show responsibility with china then they should be able to use it, same as glassware at dinner. I was allowed to play with my grandmother's china dolls when I was six and they're still in great condition. I know stuff can happen, I've been to the ER enough myself- worked aroubd it too-, but most of us servive childhood just fine.

I notice you said "6" from 4 or 5 and the tale morphs into a supervised situation. It is amazing how the story changes in the retelling and as the discussion prceeds, from a real event to something else entirely, as everyone puts their own spin on it. And the thread drifts away from the topic of tea sets per se

Am I the only one who noticed the old-fashioned percolator in the background? (I drink both tea and coffee). Those percolators made great coffee, but the last cup always had grounds in it.