LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Drive?

Do You Drive  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Do you possess a valid drivers license?

• Yes
    • No
    • I was a late driver (was over 20 when started driving)
    • I am not physically able to drive

When I was a teenager after school I worked for a law firm. I had two older siblings. Our family only owned two vehicles at any given time. Long before I was old enough to take driver's ed, I learned how to get where I needed to go on buses.

After I started law school I could not afford a car. After I started working as an attorney I had no convenient place to park a car.

I only learned to drive after I married and became a partner in my law firm about the time I turned 29 in 1993.

I have always been a car nut and owned some really nice classic cars, but now I don't drive any more than I have to now. Part of the reason I retired two years ago is that I hate winter driving. The other reason is the idiot college drivers that make driving a real chore. They act like driving is a video game and they totally ignore speed limits and double yellow lines. My commute during college sessions was downright dangerous. There are so many more inconsiderate drivers on the road now that it is no longer fun.

• 5 months later...

When I was younger I had an interest in it from a structural perspective - road signs, how it worked, etc (not your typical route to driving probably), but it wained quite alot until I moved to an area with much poorer public transport than I was used to. I did then have some lessons in a standard manual-transmission car (back when I could operate that), but failed on my last test and could not afford to repeat it.

Subsequently, I moved to areas with better public transport and lost interest again. However, recently I do have an interest in driving but there's no way medically I'll be able to for the foreseeable future. I could in theory drive a vehicle adapted with hand controls, but it would really need to be a drive-from-wheelchair type, fully automated and with some kind of mechanism to allow me to board and disembark from it, and I simply can't afford it.

Even accepting that, I had a recent relapse including a seizure so I'm legally disallowed to drive for at least another three years. There is also the issue of my concentration which has suffered recently, and my inability to process some aspects of driving. I understand how to drive perfectly well, I understand the rules, how a car typically operates, and could probably give you the meaning of almost every single UK roadsign. However, I can't process road changes on busy junctions, roundabouts, etc, now - I find there's too much to process.

I couldn't even do it as a passenger in a friend's car recently so it would be fundamentally dangerous for me to be in the driver's seat. Unless I can have the entire road network to myself, which isn't quite realistic!

Yup! I drive 20 mimes to work then I hop in my big bad ass dump truck, belly dump, or side dump or transport and drive another 12 to 15 hrs then drive another 20 miles home. I can never get enough driving. The most miles I put on in a single shift was 724 in 14 hrs.

Every year in the off season I head south. It's about 1700 miles and I drive it in a day and a half. 

I first got my drivers license when I was 22 then got my motorcycle license at 26 and still trying to get my first motorcycle.. I had a total Of 3 cars in my lifetime But now I want a motorcycle more than anything thats on wheels.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2017 at 1:12 PM, HeyLookItsGemma said:

Sure do! I have driven since I was 17 and love it. I also went back and did my full motorcycle licence too. So exhilarating

Hey  im from West Wales and also have a fool motorbike licence I've got a Kawasaki Ninja 600 what bike have you got

30 minutes ago, HeyLookItsGemma said:

I have an FZ6 and a little 125 cafe racer

There  good  bikes  .I've  had a gsxr1000  best  bike I've  had  what's  your  best  bike  been  

2 hours ago, Gsxr said:

There  good  bikes  .I've  had a gsxr1000  best  bike I've  had  what's  your  best  bike  been  

Well as my FZ6 is the only big bike ive had I'd have to say my FZ6 :P Its more than enough bike for me and she is pretty

Until age 40 I thought I'd never be able to drive because of visual limitations. But, I discovered with the help and assistance of a very clever social worker that I might be able to drive. And it was so! Even if restricted to daylight hours only, at least I can drive. But when the sun goes down, I either am stationary, or I hand the keys to some one else.