LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
fakename

Pampers 7 New Weight Rating?

25 posts in this topic

(The Pampers pinned thread isn't loading properly for me so I'm asking here.)

So I walked down the Safeway aisle tonight to look at the bags of pampers, and noticed the size 7 has a new bag design. At first I thought maybe there were two bag designs to choose from, but the bag next to it with the familiar size 7 design now says size 6, and underneath, for 35+ lbs... then I looked at the new 7s, which said for 41+lbs.

So, has anyone tried this new "size"? Are they the same as before but now P&G believes bigger, fatter babies can fit in them? Or are they actually bigger? I'm so curious, but I don't want to end up with a full bag of them if they're the same old thing..

Guess you Americans are just getting fatter and fatter, from a early age

1 person likes this

(The Pampers pinned thread isn't loading properly for me so I'm asking here.)

So I walked down the Safeway aisle tonight to look at the bags of pampers, and noticed the size 7 has a new bag design. At first I thought maybe there were two bag designs to choose from, but the bag next to it with the familiar size 7 design now says size 6, and underneath, for 35+ lbs... then I looked at the new 7s, which said for 41+lbs.

So, has anyone tried this new "size"? Are they the same as before but now P&G believes bigger, fatter babies can fit in them? Or are they actually bigger? I'm so curious, but I don't want to end up with a full bag of them if they're the same old thing..

Excuse me, but I have a package of Pampers Cruisers, Size 7 purchased on 15 March 2011 at the Toys-R-Us in Burbank, California rated for: 19+Kg = 41+ Lbs

Minutes ago I checked the P&G USA official Pampers website. In the Cruisers section they show the rating of Size 7 as: 19+Kg = 41+ Lbs

Well, it seems that [email protected] Cru1sers are now available in the following additional sizes:

8 (23-39 kg)

9 (28-47 kg)

10 (33-55 kg)  - With different decoration for boys and girls, customized fit and leakage protection system

11 (38-64 kg)  - With different decoration for boys and girls, customized fit and leakage protection system

12 (43-72 kg)  - With different decoration for boys and girls, customized fit and leakage protection system

They say that those larger sizes have a new "lockaway layer" that keeps wetness in it just for the time needed by the sap to catch it and then returns totally dry. They also claim that the leakage protection is "revolutionary". thanks to the customized inner barriers and leg gathers.

Go & check on the shelves of the nearest store!

Well, it seems that [email protected] Cru1sers are now available in the following additional sizes:   8 (23-39 kg) 9 (28-47 kg) 10 (33-55 kg)  - With different decoration for boys and girls, customized fit and leakage protection system 11 (38-64 kg)  - With different decoration for boys and girls, customized fit and leakage protection system 12 (43-72 kg)  - With different decoration for boys and girls, customized fit and leakage protection system   They say that those larger sizes have a new "lockaway layer" that keeps wetness in it just for the time needed by the sap to catch it and then returns totally dry. They also claim that the leakage protection is "revolutionary". thanks to the customized inner barriers and leg gathers.   Go & check on the shelves of the nearest store!
??????

Uhh...There's been size 7 (41+) for years now and there are no sizes 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. I have no clue what this thread is about.

Am I missing something?

-Rexx

Guess everyone is full of shit..

I was going to say, the size 6 for Pampers and every other brand has been 35+ for a while.

Uhh...There's been size 7 (41+) for years now and there are no sizes 8, 9, 10, 11, 12. I have no clue what this thread is about.

Am I missing something?

-Rexx

To be sure, in North America Pampers largest disposable is the Cruisers Size 7.

However, outside North America P&G does make Attends for adults and larger baby disposable baby diapers. Not all of those baby diapers use the brand names (Pampers, Baby Dry, LUVS) familiar in North America. Long ago P&G decided to sell their North America Attends operation, including the brand name, R&D and the factory to Paper Pak Corp, the major maker of generic institutional adult diapers. Later Paper Pak changed their corporate name to Attends Health Care and last year were purchased by a major Canadian paper pulp manufacturer who had a plant close to the Attends factory in North Carolina.

Circa 2004 when the popularity of Huggies toddler Pull-Ups was growing, KCWW and P&G were having technical difficulties making pull up toddler diapers fast enough to meet demand without an unacceptable reject waste and production machine jams.

While teams in R&D worked to solve the pull up production problems, research was conducted into a different approach to disposable trainers. P&G largely led that concept: Make larger cloth-like disposables with Velcro tabs big enough toddlers could fasten and release them without help. Apparently P&G was convinced such a market existed, so they spent a lot of effort developing a diaper production machine able to make baby disposables far larger than current Size 6 at the speed typical of baby diaper machines, more than 3 times faster than the then popular adult disposable machines. When the first of those larger baby diaper machines was working, Pampers used it to make Cruisers Size 6.

That was an interesting choice, since Cruisers Size 7 use the same size and shaper absorbent core as do Size 6. The size of Size 6 and Size 7 at the diaper top is the same. Size 7 are longer, to better fit taller toddlers, hence the slightly higher weight rating. It was the increased length that could not be made on the older machines used for Size 6 and smaller baby diapers.

All the leading baby disposable industry consultants believe the new-style P&G diaper machine could easily make wider and longer products, since to those machines Size 7 was the smallest, like a Size 1 on the older machines.

It is possible Pampers USA made some prototype runs of the larger baby disposables. They have managed to keep details of test marketing, if they did so, a deep secret far longer than they have managed historically. The Size 7 Cruiser had a well-known test market run in mid-2006. That was followed by a larger test market which prompted a USA national product launch with heavy TV and print ad support.

To put it mildly, parent consumers did not rush to adapt the Size 7 concept. By mid-2008 shelf-space for Size 7 shrank of was eliminated in most stores. Toys-R-Us was the major chain pushing Size 7, with Target still stocking limited quantities.

KCWW apparently also designed a larger baby diaper machine, but lost confidence as a result of poor test market results. Based upon the lack of customer interest in Size 7, Pampers USA never did a normal test market of a larger baby disposable.

All but a few of the new larger machines which remained at USA Pampers factories were sent to P&G foreign factories and sold to foreign P&G contract diaper producers.

It is possible that foreign Pampers brand have made and sold larger diapers, but not using the Size 8 or larger designation. Even Size 7 is largely used. Instead bigger than Size 6 are given names. Has anyone ever posted a picture of Pampers packages designated Size 8 or larger?

2 people like this

Guess everyone is full of shit..

Hahaha it's punny.

Indeed yes, nearly all baby disposable diaper manufacturers use a virtually standard weight rating, with Size 6 being 35+ pounds. Since the rating is expressed this way, the situation is covered in the case of Size 6 fitting one kid who weighs the same as another taller kid who needs a Size 7.

Where baby diaper manufacturers do not agree is about diapers larger than Size 6. As I stated previously, outside the USA some baby disposables have names and not a number for the size. Pampers Cruiser is the only Size 7 nationally sold in the USA. In other countries even P&G factories often use a local name instead of "Size 7"

Nobody has ever posted authentic pictures of larger baby diapers designated Size 8 and larger.

In 2011 a major manufacturer of diapers in Japan tried to distribute their GOO.N Super Big in the USA rated to 80 pounds. However, in the lab those were hardly wider or longer than Pampers Cruisers, Size 7. Testing showed the capacity was no larger than a Size 7, although the price per diaper was 4 times as much. Those have not been sold in the USA since October 2011.

I've noticed for a long while now that the diaper manufacturer's are advertising it's only right to potty train a child when they are ready. If that means age 4 then so be it. They are also heavily pushing the need to keep them in diapers for a long after that for nighttime wetting. It's only a matter of time before size 8 is released because when enough of the kids that are still wearing a size 7 grow out of them the parents will complain. When enough parents start wanting it then pampers will surely make it.

Maybe at some point they will realize there is a gap in the market between the large "baby" diapers, and the small "adult" diapers. I believe when the diaper manufactures realize they can make money off teens, and maybe then adults too, that they will release many more sizes too.

I've noticed for a long while now that the diaper manufacturer's are advertising it's only right to potty train a child when they are ready. If that means age 4 then so be it. They are also heavily pushing the need to keep them in diapers for a long after that for nighttime wetting. It's only a matter of time before size 8 is released because when enough of the kids that are still wearing a size 7 grow out of them the parents will complain. When enough parents start wanting it then pampers will surely make it.

Maybe at some point they will realize there is a gap in the market between the large "baby" diapers, and the small "adult" diapers. I believe when the diaper manufactures realize they can make money off teens, and maybe then adults too, that they will release many more sizes too.

That is one theory. Back in 2004, early 2005 during the 'Pull-Up Production Crisis' I proposed that very thing to both KCWW and P&G. On their websites I had been requesting larger baby diapers for years. When neither parent firm responded to me, my husband and I hired Carlos Richer, considered the Godfather of baby disposable diaper design and manufacturing outside the USA. He has a large research and consulting facility in northern Mexico, where amongst other services provides independent quality control testing to the trade.

Don and I were fully prepared to finance pilot production of baby diapers larger than Size 6 all the way up to 75+ pound capacity. Carlos had for sale a near-new adult diaper machine able to use the smaller dies and narrower sheet material used in cloth-like baby diapers with Velcro-style tabs. Of course it would not be fast enough to be cost effective, but we all agreed that the only way to convince the major manufacturers was to test market actual production-quality diapers in larger sizes.

We saw that machine in storage and many similar machines in operation in Latin American diaper factories. Some made both baby and adult diapers. All were willing to make us a good deal doing our manufacturing on contract, as they made diapers for major distributors. While Dr, Richer was negotiating a deal for the perfected design of the diapers (we planned to use plain white outer covering so we did not need to make a deal for characters) he also was in serious discussion with the large firms.

Before we committed to spending the money for the pilot design and production, I received direct communication with top executives of many leading baby diaper marketing firms. It was as if they were sharing information, because what they told me was always similar to the other proposals.

Bottom line was that they thanks us for our efforts. They assured me that they were in fact already doing similar R&D while also doing market research. They admitted the strong preference in the USA and Canada for pull on disposable pants to bridge the gap between Size 6 and the small adult diapers.

Don and I backed away, because I have no strong preference for larger baby diapers as opposed to quality pull ons. A few years later the production problems making Pull-Ups was largely solved.

The commercial failure of Pampers Cruisers Size 7 a few years later has convinced the disposable baby diaper industry that consumer parents will not follow concepts they consider silly. Just because major manufacturers made and advertised a product does not mean that product can be sold at a profit.

Of course, if anyone has the money finding the firm owned by Carlos Richer on-line should not be a problem, but if it is, send me an e-mail or PM.

@Diaper Royalty,  are there any pics of those test diapers?

any pics?

2 people like this

pampers size 7 are getting smaller it seems - rating is probably 19-25kg.  in Europe that is close to the size 5 rating.  a "true" size 7 should be rated at 24-36kg which they have in the middle east.

To be sure, in North America Pampers largest disposable is the Cruisers Size 7.

However, outside North America P&G does make Attends for adults and larger baby disposable baby diapers. Not all of those baby diapers use the brand names (Pampers, Baby Dry, LUVS) familiar in North America. Long ago P&G decided to sell their North America Attends operation, including the brand name, R&D and the factory to Paper Pak Corp, the major maker of generic institutional adult diapers. Later Paper Pak changed their corporate name to Attends Health Care and last year were purchased by a major Canadian paper pulp manufacturer who had a plant close to the Attends factory in North Carolina.

Circa 2004 when the popularity of Huggies toddler Pull-Ups was growing, KCWW and P&G were having technical difficulties making pull up toddler diapers fast enough to meet demand without an unacceptable reject waste and production machine jams.

While teams in R&D worked to solve the pull up production problems, research was conducted into a different approach to disposable trainers. P&G largely led that concept: Make larger cloth-like disposables with Velcro tabs big enough toddlers could fasten and release them without help. Apparently P&G was convinced such a market existed, so they spent a lot of effort developing a diaper production machine able to make baby disposables far larger than current Size 6 at the speed typical of baby diaper machines, more than 3 times faster than the then popular adult disposable machines. When the first of those larger baby diaper machines was working, Pampers used it to make Cruisers Size 6.

That was an interesting choice, since Cruisers Size 7 use the same size and shaper absorbent core as do Size 6. The size of Size 6 and Size 7 at the diaper top is the same. Size 7 are longer, to better fit taller toddlers, hence the slightly higher weight rating. It was the increased length that could not be made on the older machines used for Size 6 and smaller baby diapers.

All the leading baby disposable industry consultants believe the new-style P&G diaper machine could easily make wider and longer products, since to those machines Size 7 was the smallest, like a Size 1 on the older machines.

It is possible Pampers USA made some prototype runs of the larger baby disposables. They have managed to keep details of test marketing, if they did so, a deep secret far longer than they have managed historically. The Size 7 Cruiser had a well-known test market run in mid-2006. That was followed by a larger test market which prompted a USA national product launch with heavy TV and print ad support.

To put it mildly, parent consumers did not rush to adapt the Size 7 concept. By mid-2008 shelf-space for Size 7 shrank of was eliminated in most stores. Toys-R-Us was the major chain pushing Size 7, with Target still stocking limited quantities.

KCWW apparently also designed a larger baby diaper machine, but lost confidence as a result of poor test market results. Based upon the lack of customer interest in Size 7, Pampers USA never did a normal test market of a larger baby disposable.

All but a few of the new larger machines which remained at USA Pampers factories were sent to P&G foreign factories and sold to foreign P&G contract diaper producers.

It is possible that foreign Pampers brand have made and sold larger diapers, but not using the Size 8 or larger designation. Even Size 7 is largely used. Instead bigger than Size 6 are given names. Has anyone ever posted a picture of Pampers packages designated Size 8 or larger?

Has anyone ever posted a picture of Pampers packages designated Size 8 or larger?

So I'm confused.

Is the Pampers Cruisers size 7 any larger than a Baby Dry size 6?  I've heard reports that the Baby Dry stretches out more, so the effective waist limitation is up around 30".  I'm not overly concerned about absorbency here, just fit.  If the Cruisers 7 is longer in the body, then it would be helpful, the Baby Dry sits on my little one's hip right now, and a couple inches longer would put it at her waist - 27" instead of 30" at the hip, making for a much more comfortable fit.

In general from what I here country's and even Mexico have used bigger size baby diapers than the US

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

It has a lot to do with the way a child is built these days too

I've was on a site on time an it did look like

That the largest size baby diaper that the other country was using was bigger

PampsDiaperSizeWeightChartcruisers510x313.jpg

I'm a UK size 14-16 any babyish ones that I could fit into I was in my local asda they had size 7 pamers was thinking could they fit 

I have 28 Grand Nieces and Nephews.

I've changed a lot of diapers.

I learned a LONG TIME AGO that Pull Ups DON'T WORK... They Suck! All of them should be Removed from the Shelves and Burned in place of Coal to run our Power Plants...

I'm just sayin' :16_EmoticonsHDcom:

On 04/08/2017 at 0:26 PM, abgreen said:

PampsDiaperSizeWeightChartcruisers510x313.jpg

This. How is this thread still alive? Its been pure bunk from the moment it was posted. The day Pampers size 8 or Huggies size 7 exist, I'm sure this place will be plastered with proof of them, at least I'd expect it to be. The one small glimmer of hope for more size 7s is that the Pampers ones actually seem to be selling now and have been for the past few years, so the question now is whether or not KCWW decides to play catch-up with Huggies and if anyone else decides to follow suit with them.

On 08/02/2013 at 10:39 AM, happiesxxl said:

Has anyone ever posted a picture of Pampers packages designated Size 8 or larger?

No because they don't exist, at least not in the US, not unless you're talking about those test diapers.

The one way Pampers "size 8" exist involves some tortured logic and flawed marketing on P&G's part, and they're not really "size 8." On part of their website, and subsequently on Amazon, Pampers lists (or at least listed) UnderJams with size S/M as "Size 7" in parentheses, and size L/XL as "Size 8" in parentheses. Naturally, someone sees the words "Pampers" and "Size 8," sees them on the website, ignores the word "UnderJams" and the parentheses, and we get posts like this. They're not really "size 8" though, and P&G doesn't label them as "size 8" on the packaging. The day UnderJams are labeled as "size 8" and not L/XL, I'll concede that Pampers is making size 8 "diapers" with the quotes around "diapers" since we're supposed to believe that they're totally not diapers even though they do the same job. ;) But no, there's no size 8, not in the US anyway.

But I lyk fapping to tha idee uv udult syze pamperz wit Elmo on tha frunt!