LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Psychology Behind Incontinence Desire

Thanks for the well-wishes, I am doing better today. Dealing with clinical depression can be a real bugger sometimes and your support really helps me more than you can know :wub: One of the oddities of depression is that when you're down your hopes and fantasies become shinier but seem more impossible to reach. I don't know whether incontinence desire is a hope or a fantasy in me, all I know for sure is that it is attractive to me, yet at the same time seems it absurd to stray from the successful situation I have now. I think I have the best of both worlds currently- enough leakage to where diapers are an accepted must, but not so much that I have any of the problems associated with full incontinence.

I happy to know you are better now:)

What I know?

The wish to become incontinent is very strong when we're down

That wish still continue when we are better but with less intensity

After about 10 day, I realized wearing diapers 24/7 may affect your life habits hobbies work etc...

Nevertheless I still wearing for 12 days now, I still thinking that is confortable and I like it but I dont wish you wear it at FULL time, rather I prefer wear it the most time is possible but I dont wish that hinder my life.

In summer I like dive in water, be bare-chested, practice bikecycling or running (diaper is hot and annoying), swiming pool... a lot of thing witch I may not longer doing.

Find something witch make you very happy and live it! Except diaper cos diapers will close you on yourself.

See you ;)

• Like 1

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that there's a translator program involved here.

Or more likely just a non-native speaker doing a good job of conveying his thoughts in what for him is a foreign language.

• Like 2

While most of us are in the US, please remember that we do have members from all over the world, and what we can do for and learn from each other is priceless ;) So please be tolerant and understand that things are different elsewhere, and appreciate it when someone is really trying to share with us :D:thumbsup:

English is hard, primarily because it isn't as wholly descended from Latin as many European languages, such as French. Sure we have a lot of Latin derived words, but we have words descended from all over the place and in no sensible order. I remember learning conjugations for Spanish. That was hard for me because I'm not used to having different words for "I have", "You have," "We have," "They have", et cetera. Not to mention past, future, progressive, and so on. But I came to realize that in the end it made much more sense - since the majority of verbs worked the same way.

Interesting topic - I'm slightly and situationally incontinent (no, I guess those aren't medical terms, are they?). I wear a full diaper, Abena M4, all day under plastic pants, just in case of leak and because I love the feel of them. At night I wear a Depend pull-up at night partly for my own 'comfort' but I am not at all a bed-wetter. I would not say I'm totally incontinent, but I don't see that it matters if I wear something 24/7 anyway.

• 1 month later...

I just loged in since my last connection on DD. I was a bit confused about the thing some people compare me... A roughly translator program.

I'm able to understand easily a lot of dialog or writen documents but I have expression part is a bit more difficult... I still continue I'm efforts! ;)

Fortunately, some one of you can understand that a non native person can have some difficulty to express oneself. I want to say a big thank you to these people.

Stephrider, your messages do read like they were translated but considering you are typing them out on your own I have to say you're doing very good. Plus, your signature at the bottom also explains it so I don't think you need to apologize. I do believe you inadvertently got it right the first time when you stated "please apologize". Diapertime42 probably does need to- even if he meant no harm in it.

There is a lot of interesting psychology to this, however I don't know of any real research into it :( Like so much about this, we seem to be the ones with the expertise because we are the ones living with the experience :D For AB's it's probably a way to become more like a baby, but for DL's it gets complicated. If incontinence were not so fraught with it's own problems I think we'd all go there. Similarly if it were not for society's disdain of adults wearing diapers I think we'd all be doing it 24/7 (or at least any time we wanted to) :blush: It is part of being human to need to express your own feelings, yet it is also part of being human to want to be accepted just like everyone else is. Those of us most at ease with our diapering seem to have found the best balance between those two needs :D

You are right Bettypooh. It's like a part of me want to understand this psychology but an other one tell me, and after? what is next? Is this question help me to feel good ? Not sure....

I'm not sure if this is the place to put this, but it is related to this topic so here goes. I have decided to cease using the toilet to pee except at work. I don't know how long I will continue this way. I think I have discovered at least some of the motivations behind my choice ;) First is the freedom of doing what I want to do, even if it isn't the logical thing to do :blush: Second is to be different from the majority which has always been inherent in my personality :whistling: Third is to further distance myself from needing to think about and control my bladder B)

You are right Bettypooh. It's like a part of me want to understand this psychology but an other one tell me, and after? what is next? Is this question help me to feel good ? Not sure....

There is a lot of interesting psychology to this, however I don't know of any real research into it :( Like so much about this, we seem to be the ones with the expertise because we are the ones living with the experience :D For AB's it's probably a way to become more like a baby, but for DL's it gets complicated. If incontinence were not so fraught with it's own problems I think we'd all go there. Similarly if it were not for society's disdain of adults wearing diapers I think we'd all be doing it 24/7 (or at least any time we wanted to) :blush: It is part of being human to need to express your own feelings, yet it is also part of being human to want to be accepted just like everyone else is. Those of us most at ease with our diapering seem to have found the best balance between those two needs :D

Nobody chooses a path that brings them grief

Oh ho ho... I beg to differ. People choose paths that bring them grief every day - oftimes while fully conscious of the outcome. People are just masochistic like that, apparently.

Creepymouse, in my post the point I was trying to make is that most of us can "give in" a little for a better experience- like a full transition when you don't feel that much inside- because you know life will be easier that way. Or like hiding your diapers under clothes instead of wearing them openly for the same reason ;) When you get right down to it, only the less intelligent and the masochistic willingly choose these kinds of grief when it can be avoided, and they are the exception, not the 'rule'. Those who choose to become another gender or choose to become incontinent with a full understanding of what it is going to involve know that to get what they want, they must accept the things that go with it :whistling: Those whose need is so strong that they must choose these things don't mind dealing with the extras that go along with it even if they don't like them- as you say the rewards outweigh the cost. In myself, my gender is not female, but unaltered it is more female than male. In many ways I had a better life as a woman than as a man and I was happier that way because that is where I found acceptance. It didn't go like that at all until I reached the point where I 'passed' as a woman, thus ending the questions from society that were causing the grief.

• Like 1

Dlinmsp

The tapes don't work for some, such as myself, because in my heart I am afraid of full-time incontinence. They DO work for others, such as you, for the opposite reason...your heart wants, and is not afraid. Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • the reasons why i think I want to be incontinent is mostly for security, the feeling of safety, and knowing that if i do wear diapers, i would have a valid reason for it rather than people giving me weird looks. It could also be because of past trauma encouraged me to avoid conflict and i would feel it would ause less conflict if i ad a legitimate reason for wearing. Plus i love the feeling of knowing I'm making my diaper all wet

Dear Van

Feeling insecure *IS* a valid reason to weat diapers. So is enjoying the feeling of using your diapers. If you simply tell anyone who asks that you need to, that will be the end of it. Most won't ever know in the first place.