LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Diaper Fabric

Muslin??? :o are you serious??? O*M*G I can't imagine how itchy and uncomfortable that would be! Flannel is OK if thats what you want, but be warned that it doesn't last very long. Sure it might stay soft, but after repeated washings it will pill badly and start to get thin, much like your flannel sheets or pajamas do over time...if you notice that sort of thing. I have some flannel diapers (prefolds) and I wasn't impressed, so I went with what I really wanted, birdseye and gauze....and then discovering twill (from rearz) but maybe thats just me :blush: Muslin...Ugh...why not go with a birdseye or gauze weave...or twill? all are soft and durable especially after several washings, and wont fall apart. Muslin......*shudders* might as well use burlap! :P

I make my own from birdseye squares with a terrycloth center soaker using a simple sewing machine and an unusual technique for the edges that eliminates the need for a serger ;) I have a factory made flannel flat diaper and a pull-up version too, and I am not impressed by this fabric at all <_< Absorbency is low in comparison and it gets rock-hard when wet and sitting down. It does seem to wear out too quickly :( Others seem to like it though, so that's your call. I've heard gauze diapers are excellent but I haven't tried that yet due to it's expense :rolleyes: Diaper-specific fabric can be had at many fabric stores or bought online, and you'll do far better with it than trying to improvise from whatchagot leftovers :whistling: The only common fabric that works good is terrycloth- I use that under the Birdseye for comfort and it absorbs quite well. Whatever you do have fun experimenting and let us know the results :D

If you go out and buy a sewing machine and a serger, then buy your cotton gauze fabric, measure and cut your fabric and sew it all together, you might decide it's much more convenient to purchase the diapers factory made.

I buy diaper flannel from fabric.com, an online fabric store. It runs about $3.95 a yard. (I just ordered 3 yards on sale for $2.99/yd--watch for their great sales!)

I am also told that diapers were made from linen

It's getting harder to find, but Wal-Mart's with a fabric section has some cute & babyish type flannel material.

Obviously, there's better out there...

But if your trying to save money it's an alternative.

If you are up to a medium size, buy two yards minimum of flannel fabric.

Regular diaper pins and some plastic pants.

How can you be sure the prints are colorfast if used on diapers?

How can you be sure the prints are colorfast if used on diapers?
You don't need the color prints running while you also have the runs....now thats a mess! :P