LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Exercising With Catheter

I do quite frequently. You have to be careful when using weights as it will force out extra urine in spurts, so be sure your catheter is pointing in the right direction. Running is a bit more of a challenge. I use a pull-up vs a diaper to keep from overheating and chaffing. You really have to ensure your using a comfortable catheter to run without irritation. Expect leaks if you've had a lot to drink. I guess you could "cheat" and cap off the catheter if you just want to not worry about leaking or protection during physical activities, but what's the fun in that?

So I went for a run with an 18Fr (i had run out of 16Fr). Overall I had a great run except for one thing: rubbing in the urethra right behind the glans. Lots of chafing there, discomfort, the blood.

try silicone catheters! they slide a whole lot better than rubber, and they're softer (which means less scraping and poking, which in turn means less bleeding) than pvc. i am rather fond of these: http://www.athomemedical.com/Foley-Catheters/Rochester-Medical-Silicone-Foley-Catheter-5cc.asp

... and don't forget a tray! those little oral medicine syringes from the drugstore don't work as catheter syringes. i owned one silicone foley for three months before i could use it right, as i had to scam a syringe (without a needle) from a doctor's office :-P

Thanks, Baby Brian.

How do you assure there's enough lube before you start exercising? Do you inject additional lube? If yes, how? Or do you rub it on the catheter aNd glans and then get it inside the urethra by a back-and-forth motion? (risk of moving bacteria upstream?)

I've found you can pull your pp back then rub the lube on the catheter, let go and now you have a lettle extra lube just inside the urethra. Since your pee and the lube are sterile to begin with I wouldn't worry about introducing bacteria this way. If you're not changing often enough then that's what will lead to bacteria growth.