LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sitting With Catheter

I read several posts where it was reported that too small a size would allow the catheter to move around too much, that it should Dir snugly. I am not sure what size that would be but I am very comfortable with a 18Fr, with the exception of sitting.

They have external catheters that go on like a condom.

I've never used one, but I understand they are a lot more comfortable.

Seems like a lot of effort to go without warning,

I've found that the more you wear a diaper, you tend to start going without too much effort.

Which isn't good if you are for some reason not wearing one.

But some people think stuffing diapers is a lot of effort even though you can wear the same one longer.

To each his or her own, I guess :whistling:

Guest jeff142

When I have a catheter in, I find sitting somewhat uncomfortable. The pressure on my perineum causes me discomfort. Diaper bulge (when wet) exacerbates the situation.

So I'm assuming anyone can get a catheter w/o a RX?

I may need the smallest size as I still have my baby sized... B)

Are there sample sets to try different sizes?

I assume there's some pain involved, but I'm kinda into that. :screwy:

How far in do you insert the tube, so don't end up in the ER trying to explain. :blush:

I've already visited the ER wearing a ABU SDK under thin shorts b/f.

Thank goodness there is HIPPA...

Although, I'm sure that didn't stop some Nurse or Dr. from going home and saying, "Guess what I saw today at work!" :roflmao:

Then again, I'm not that important and may just be parinoid. :wacko:

i would like to respond by cross-posting my earlier work :-) this is written for guys; for girls just do the same thing in the shower and not at the sink :-)

erm... stand at the bathroom sink, lay out supplies, wash your hands and apply antibiotics if you have any. get the catheter wet, and optionally apply water-based lube. insert the catheter alll the way in. urine starts coming out and falling into the sink. using the syringe, inflate the balloon with the amount of sterile water shown on the fill valve. pull the catheter out gently until you feel resistance (when the balloon is at the bladder neck). ding! you're diaper-dependent. put on a diaper and wash your hands. :-D

try silicone catheters! they slide a whole lot better than rubber, and they're softer (which means less scraping and poking, which in turn means less bleeding) than pvc. i am rather fond of these: http://www.athomemedical.com/Foley-Catheters/Rochester-Medical-Silicone-Foley-Catheter-5cc.asp

... and don't forget a tray! those little oral medicine syringes from the drugstore don't work as catheter syringes. i owned one silicone foley for three months before i could use it right, as i had to scam a syringe (without a needle) from a doctor's office :-P

and i have an order of three 18fr 5ml silicone foleys (and 3 trays) on the way at the moment :-D

It stung like crazy upon removal and for the next several hours I had traces of blood in my urine.

How long did you wear the catheter for?

What were you doing wile wearing it?

How active we're you?

What type and size catheter was it?

What lube did you use?

i've been a bit stupid and done some unusually creative things to my urethra :-)

traces of blood (even when the cath is properly and professionally applied) are not unusual. be worried if you still have blood or pain 24 hours after removal. be really worried if it burns when you pee and you produce anything unusual... :-(

but hey, i've inserted some kind of cath or gadget maybe 50 times and i've only had one issue that didn't clear itself up!

How long did you wear the catheter for?

What were you doing wile wearing it?

How active we're you?

What type and size catheter was it?

What lube did you use?

a)a couple of hours

b)normal household activities (trash duty, empty dishwasher, save the world, that sort of thing...)

3)nothing abnormal

4)silicone, 16f 5cc balloon

e)Surgilube

The last time I inserted a 16Fr with 5 oval holes (punched out using a stencil) I notices that although I had inserted it to the Y, there was no urine flowing. Conclusion it must have doubled over. Only after I pulled it back out and then back in was I able to get the urine flow and correct feeling of sphincter penetration.

I never had that happen with 18Fr catheters or thicker, so I think the thinner they are the more likely they are to double over.

There also was more blood that time upon removal.

I've had the same experience. If the catheter is too small I think it tends to move around in your urethra more. I can see how that rubbing would surely cause more pain and even some blood. Try going a size or two larger. I'd say I'm around average sized down there, maybe a little bigger. A 22 FR fits me best so a 16 or 18 is probably not enough for most others.