LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Alcoholic Recovery Group For Abdls

PS- I'm just a few months past the 9 years clean point, and that is one of the proudest accomplishments of my life :D As it is with anything, those who have preceded you on a path can help you get through it more easily yourself ;) When it comes to powerful things, that help can be crucial to your success- it's always an easier walk when you're not walking alone!

• Thanks 1

Grats all. While I don't have an addiction problem of record, I come from a long line of 'holics, so I have chosen to stay mostly on the wagon because there is clearly an addictive trait to my bloodline.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

To much of anything isn't good, as they say :P My mother drank, but I'm not sure if she was an 'alcoholic' per se or just someone who didn't have anyone or anything to turn to. Sh ewas in a dead marriage to my dad. who abused her psychologically and emotionally (because of money) and I think she just drank to try and wash away that misery and loneliness :( Anyways, being an 'adult child of an 'alcoholic' I had attended a group for people like me abd yeah we have 'issues' and behavior patterns that can be troublesome to some or truly disastrous and destructive, to ones own person and those around you. I didn't understand any of this until I attended a few meetings. I don't fear being an alcoholic myself, simply because I refuse to let an inanimate object run my life (hides his diapers) :blush: I have found that much of this kind of thing just revolves around personal choices, and it's OK to choose, you have that power, but you also have the power to just say "NO" I never knew I had choices and could 'choose' until my late 30's :o and my world just opened up...and I'm a happier person for it. I should go back to those meetings, but I feel I have learned what I needed then. I have learned that that was back then and things change and new things pop up :( I don't worry about drinking because I don't do it to wash away pain and I know that there aren't any answers at the bottom of a bottle. I also don't do drugs, and really don't understand (or tolerate) those who do, but thats just me :screwy: So, as said above, congrats to those here who are doing the work and living one day at a time :thumbsup: I know that I might have had it easier, and it really is a struggle for some..so keep on keeping on :D Hope you get your group back together! ;) qwack

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The bottom line is it is the same..... Go to where ever and when they say alcohol or drugs or food or " fill in the blank" you put your thing there. I know we all want to be special with our problem being different but it is not. The end is stay clean and sober ... Going on 33 years between drinks

While the principle is basically the same, there are different aspects to drugs and alcohol which is why there are essentially two major recovery groups; AA and NA ;) In most places, if there's no NA group available the AA group takes those folks in; help- is never refused to those who truly seek it but you may be recommended for a more appropr8iate group if one is nearby.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...