LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Long To Train Yourself To Bed Wet?

On 10/25/2017 at 9:23 PM, herb330 said:

After about a few weeks of being in full-time diapers, I started to have bed wetting issues.

For a lot of people, 24/7 diapers will reduce bladder control notably and if it was a bit dodgy to start with, bedwetting and daytime wetting is more than possible. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, rosalie.bent said:

For a lot of people, 24/7 diapers will reduce bladder control notably and if it was a bit dodgy to start with, bedwetting and daytime wetting is more than possible. 

I would have to agree, I always had bladder issues where I went often and more then once had damp underwear to say the least. Once I went back to diapers 24/7 control faded over time to where I am now, completely diaper depended.   

It took me 2 years to become a real bed wetter again. Be careful what you wish for though. I NEED diapers at night now and don't know if I could ever be dry at night again. This is what I want but I don't think its for everyone.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2017 at 3:02 AM, Pampertimmy said:

It took me 2 years to become a real bed wetter again. Be careful what you wish for though. I NEED diapers at night now and don't know if I could ever be dry at night again. This is what I want but I don't think its for everyone.

I understand your point. One thing we faced were doctors wondering why he was wearing diapers. Surely we would prefer all these exercises and medical tests and going to the toilet every 30 mins and then having 'only' 1-2 wet beds a week, right?  Trying to get them to understand that diapers were a 100% solution to the problem. 100%.  Unless something can restore 100% continence and good bladder capacity, wearing diapers is still a vastly better solution.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definitely a journey but well worth it if you really want it. You'll learn a lot about your mind and motivations along the way. Took 6 months to a year to have a real accident (no recollection, woke up wet) Now it is fairly common, although really only early in the night (Probably in the first phase of deep sleep)

For those new to the journey, realize that understanding and overcoming your own psychological hurdles will be a big step. Even for me after years of wearing at night. Most often, I'll wake up wet after several hours of sleep. Then, for the rest of the night I may wake up needing to go again and let go. Point being, I'm not yet to the place where I have multiple uncontrolled wettings (or at least I don't think so, how would I know?!?) I think this may be because it's easier to wet in a dry diaper than wet in one that is already soaked (knowing that it might make the sheets super wet) In that sense I still have some psychological hurdles.

Looking back on it, understanding and overcoming your personal hurdles is a big step. Journaling helps. Plenty of fluids before bed. Anything that helps you sleep can also be beneficial. I got a lot of help from hypnosis, and that is also a double benefit- the stress reduction and experience of going deep into trance is amazing (even beyond having the bedwetting suggestions in there)

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2017 at 5:37 PM, rosalie.bent said:

I understand your point. One thing we faced were doctors wondering why he was wearing diapers. Surely we would prefer all these exercises and medical tests and going to the toilet every 30 mins and then having 'only' 1-2 wet beds a week, right?  Trying to get them to understand that diapers were a 100% solution to the problem. 100%.  Unless something can restore 100% continence and good bladder capacity, wearing diapers is still a vastly better solution.

Thats exactly what I tell everyone that asks about my problem is that there is no point in spending money on medication and then still having to wear diapers cause the diapers are the only option that manages the problem 100% without anything else

It took me about a year and a half to become a bed wetter again while I sleep.   What I found worked for me is the need to have absolute confidence in your protection (plastic sheet, good nighttime diaper).  Even with that confidence you will still have to mentally accept that you might occasionally leak and that it is ok.  The hypnotic training file from baby-pants.com and listening to that while I go to sleep, driving, or at work also helped me achieve this and I still listen to it often.  Keeping a daily log, I have also found to help encourage this and increase the frequency of sleep wetting.

Once I was to the point of being able wet laying down, I would wake in the middle of the night and with some concentration be able to wet while in bed, then go back to sleep.  Then that started to become I would wake, simply wet with little effort and then right back to sleep.  If I leaked, then oh well, I wet the bed and now I have to sleep in it, no big deal.  I keep the mindset "real babies have to sleep in a wet bed until checked upon in the morning so I have to as well".  Now I am to the point of wetting 5 to 6 nights a week while sleeping.  I am also noticing that it is becoming multiple times in the night as I will wake sometime in the middle of the night and find my diaper is a bit wet and then when I wake in the morning it is filled to near capacity like a balloon.

So yes, as a lot of people have said before me, this is something your have to be sure you want, and there is a lot of mental retraining you have to remind yourself of daily.

I never had to train myself to wet the bed. I was a nightly wetter until about age 9 and the routine of getting ready for bed or getting changed in the mornings became routine. I liked the feel, the smell, the attention. I enjoyed it so much that though I was an unconscious bedwetter, I frequently went in my pants during the daytime as well to get the same attention. At the age of 12, I had stopped wetting the bed but had desires and urges to feel it again. It was easy to dampen my underwear just before falling asleep and then to soak myself when waking up in the middle of the night. I loved looking at the big wet patches I would make on my sheets. I loved having my mom or grandma ask: "Did you wet?" I know for myself it was and still is an emotional need.

On 12/7/2017 at 7:46 AM, Dougie1970 said:

I never had to train myself to wet the bed. I was a nightly wetter until about age 9 and the routine of getting ready for bed or getting changed in the mornings became routine. I liked the feel, the smell, the attention. I enjoyed it so much that though I was an unconscious bedwetter, I frequently went in my pants during the daytime as well to get the same attention. At the age of 12, I had stopped wetting the bed but had desires and urges to feel it again. It was easy to dampen my underwear just before falling asleep and then to soak myself when waking up in the middle of the night. I loved looking at the big wet patches I would make on my sheets. I loved having my mom or grandma ask: "Did you wet?" I know for myself it was and still is an emotional need.

I hear that more than I expected. it was the rationale behind our Joy of Bedwetting book that people dont universally hate bedwetting.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I plan on going practically 24/7 by next year. I was an occasional bed wetter as a teenager and still have nights where it happens. I also can't hold it for very long when I do get the urge to go potty. So, I have a feeling this will happen eventually. Going 24/7 will probably result in the regression of being able to hold it. 

On 12/31/2017 at 9:41 AM, pax87 said:

Well, I plan on going practically 24/7 by next year. I was an occasional bed wetter as a teenager and still have nights where it happens. I also can't hold it for very long when I do get the urge to go potty. So, I have a feeling this will happen eventually. Going 24/7 will probably result in the regression of being able to hold it. 

You will probably get wetter as time goes on. Wearing 24/7 will gradually reduce your bladder capacity as well as your ability to hold it. Whether this is a good or bad thing for you is something only you can answer.

• Like 1

I know for me my continence has greatly reduced to the point I dribble and drip with a open sphincter that doesn’t clench after peeing. It has taken me about 10 weeks of going 24/7. Plus I can wet in any position now. Then I stopped wearing for about one month and then starting wearing 24/7 on the 24th of December and I have retained my muscle memory and can basically wet very easily. I have a large post dribble where I thought I have stopped peeing but notice a small trickle afterwords, This is also noticeable when I’m pooing, I faint dribble. This is in quite contrast to about one year ago.

Do you think if I continue I will end up more and more incontient? I’m going to continue down this road like a new year revaluation and see where it leads.

what do you think is happening to my control. Where does it go from here?

• 2 weeks later...

Been wearing for 7 years 24/7, don't think I'll ever be able to bed wet.  Don't think I really did as a kid, maybe during transition out of diapers, but nothing I remember.

Hypnosis doesn't work on me.

I can go most the day without peeing, so maybe I retain fluids and that probably makes it really hard for me to become a bed wetter or day wetter.

On 2018-01-02 at 7:25 PM, username said:

I know for me my continence has greatly reduced to the point I dribble and drip with a open sphincter that doesn’t clench after peeing. It has taken me about 10 weeks of going 24/7. Plus I can wet in any position now. Then I stopped wearing for about one month and then starting wearing 24/7 on the 24th of December and I have retained my muscle memory and can basically wet very easily. I have a large post dribble where I thought I have stopped peeing but notice a small trickle afterwords, This is also noticeable when I’m pooing, I faint dribble. This is in quite contrast to about one year ago.

Do you think if I continue I will end up more and more incontient? I’m going to continue down this road like a new year revaluation and see where it leads.

what do you think is happening to my control. Where does it go from here?

The more you wear and use your diaper will over time increase your need for diapers and at some point in time you will find it hard or impossible to regain full control. as your mucles weeken you will start to have accidents in or out of diapers. 

for me I have accepted my need for diapers and have no regrets I chose diapers over the meds as others have said diapers are a 100% solution with not side effects (other thrn increasing the need for diapers) were as meds are only a 50/50 or so solution with posiable bsd side effects

Incontinence is no fun be carefully what you wish for you may get it.

On 1/13/2018 at 10:19 PM, Rob110 said:

The more you wear and use your diaper will over time increase your need for diapers and at some point in time you will find it hard or impossible to regain full control. as your mucles weeken you will start to have accidents in or out of diapers. 

for me I have accepted my need for diapers and have no regrets I chose diapers over the meds as others have said diapers are a 100% solution with not side effects (other thrn increasing the need for diapers) were as meds are only a 50/50 or so solution with posiable bsd side effects

Incontinence is no fun be carefully what you wish for you may get it.

Good post. Incontinence does increase over time if you are 24/7 diapered thru atrophy of muscles. But for us, the fact that he wasnt really all that dry beforehand made the decision simple. What is the difference between (now) 7 wet beds a week safely done in diapers or  4 wet beds all over the sheets?  the former is much better.

• Like 1