LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Long To Train Yourself To Bed Wet?

On the one hand...parta me wants to try. I bedwet a lot as a kid and think it'd be well kinda cool to see what it's like again. To kinda re-experience my childhood. On the other hand I have wet dreams all the time and that's kind of like grown-up bedwetting and isn't even a LITTLE bit fun and so maybe it's a bad idea.

Like you I didn't have any unintended bedwettings for years following my childhood potty training. I was in my mid-40s when I started with diaper play. Not wearing a lot, but I started having rare sleep-wettings, waking up in the middle of them sometimes.

I've done a couple long stretches of wearing and wetting at night, and both times I had more frequent sleep-wettings, a half dozen in a recent 30-days/nights stretch of wearing and using (I stopped diapering after 30 days, and don't want to progress to frequent sleep-wetting status). Others who have gone full-time wearing and using diapers have reported little success with sleep-wettings even after several months. Looking across the past experiences reported and it doesn't sound like there's much of consistent pattern across people. So your experience to date doesn't necessarily say anything about what will happen to you in the next few months.

It does sound like you're doing the right things for what you want. I did come across a suggestion in another thread a while back about this - when you do wet, don't do anything to mentally celebrate it or clean up after it. Just let it happen and then go back to sleep as a way to signal to your body that wetting like that is what it's supposed to do.

FullyLoaded's suggestion of being especially tired was true in my case last month when I had a couple of especially heavy sleep-wettings. I'm a fairly light sleeper, but slept through some big sheet soakers.

Although I never finished the journey to becoming a bedwetter I did have a pretty good start :) The first part of any training (or un-training) is to be certain that you really want the end results. Without that you're fighting your subconscious mind which will be doggedly fighting you back at every step of the way :angry: Second is to set yourself up to succeed. You will always need mattress protection as a bedwetter so it goes on now and is forever. If you want to wear diapers for bedwetting, same thing goes- they start now, are always there, and are forever. No exceptions, this is always and forever! Third is to reward your successes ;) You like having a latte in the morning? Now you can have one only when you make progress You can substitute something else like a coffee otherwise, but now you can't have what you really want till you make progress. When you pee in bed (even awake), you can have a latte the next morning. Once that becomes natural set a new goal such as not fully waking to pee. Again you reward the good times until they become normal times. Forth is to assist the attempt. Be fully hydrated before bedtime, perhaps having an extra glass of water before bed every night. Over-hydration might seem a good idea but that might create a link between wetting and the excess fluid intake. What you really want is to create a new 'normal' B) The subconscious mind is a powerful tool. Listening to hypnosis CD's or the WMM files as you go to sleep can help, but they alone aren't going to get you there. Like DavidMW mentioned, if you wake and discover you're wet, don't focus on that- it is supposed to be normal. The time to think about it is later when you're rewarding yourself for being good :D Don't attach anything negative in the process- no punishments if you don't wet, see nothing bad in changing wet sheets when you leak, don't view the pre-bedtime diapering as a chore. One more thing- make a decision now as to what you will do should you wake in the night fully soaked. If you are going to get up and change, then start that habit. If you are going to stay in bed regardless (which you really should) then you never get up till morning period. Not even if you're cold and miserable. Remember, you are creating a 'normal' for yourself, you are doing what is right for you even if the rest of the world is different- think of yourself always as a bedwetter, a good thing for you regardless of what anyone else may think :girl_happy:

I did come across a suggestion in another thread a while back about this - when you do wet, don't do anything to mentally celebrate it or clean up after it. Just let it happen and then go back to sleep as a way to signal to your body that wetting like that is what it's supposed to do.

As to suggestion 1, why do you not seem to realize that an emotional need is as valid as a physical one? We all crave a relationship with someone close to out hearts, and we see this as a valid need even when many life a life without that need being fulfilled. I'd suggest that you might do better validating your own desires as being legitimate and viewing them as being every bit as real and equal to your physical needs ;) In suggestion 4, color also varies with content so while it's generally true, you are closer to the mark by taking note of your actual fluid intake in liquid measure, keeping in mind your perspiration levels which need to be compensated for in order to have your kidneys and bladder working at maximum capacity, therefore creating a maximum need to pee :blush: On Hypnotic stuff, it can help but doesn't always do this. It works best when you don't try so hard- just let it be there in the background, listen to it as you are able to, and in time it will usually have some effect. And one more thing I forgot to mention that helped me- be wet already before you go to bed :D That removes any mentality that you must stay dry in your sleep- how can that happen if you're already wet? Any wetness is enough so long as you know you're wet- that's all the mind needs to get past this if it happens to be a hidden problem B) Trying too hard can actually stunt your results- what you want is to have this as a stressless, natural, happy, peaceful process. It will take time but you're worth putting that time into- remember that!

Bettypooh

My guess for car seats is they tend to slope up toward the knees (forming the so-called 'bucket' seat) and thus exert a bit of pressure on the perineum, which is already padded if you're diapered. This can constrict the urethra and make it hard to pee. We don't often 'relax' while driving the way we might relax in a computer chair or recliner. I find it effortless to go while at my PC but almost impossible while driving.

Training suggestion: Baby Steps! For lying down, I learned by laying in an empty bath tub, in my diapers. Knowing that absolutely nothing could get wet other than my diaper that was supposed to, I was eventually able to wet it. I repeated that a few more times and then wetting in the bed while laying down became possible. With sitting, it was trusting the pads I had bought to sit on. I also developed the ability to wet while walking, running and driving. For me, it was learning to trust my diapers.

oh. this is how you reply. well your all mostly right on. to clarify my theory. if you think about it while you are sitting or lieing there. it won't happen. once it just becomes , like said earlier, natural, it will happen. and much like you just said, be carful what you wish for. I passed the point of no return. but I love my diapers and everyone just knows I am incon. I don't have to go telling I did it to myself. but there is not really a chance of me every being able to go out without a diaper. once it just became normal for me to release. it became out of my control. day and night, I wet with little to no warning, and there has ben quite a few times when i'll check my diaper and its full. and I never even knew I had peed.it took about eight months to train myself to just ignore the feeling. but from what I have gathered and done. that's the key to the tough wettings.

I had a couple of wet nappies that magically happened by themselves overnight toward the end of a two month stint wearing (or just bedwetting) every night.

I'd like to pick up on the emotional need aspect. As odd as it sounds for many people, bedwetting CAN sometimes meet a deep emotional and psychological need. Ive seen it happen before when my hubby - pre 24/7 diapers - would be overly stressed and yet if he woke up in flooded sheets he would be so much more relaxed to the extent that I sometimes encouraged him to drink more before bed and not use the toilet so as to increase the chance of a flooded bed. Id see him just lie in it comfortably and for some time and awake vastly more relaxed. and now in diapers I see much of the same thing - the emotional need to be wet.

• 4 years later...

I think the most important thing is you have to want this with all your heart. For me becoming a true nightly bedwetter again was the right thing and I have never regretted it once. If you are sure you want a life of soggy sheets, soaking nappies and a bedroom that always reeks of stale urine then go for it.