LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Kind And/or Brand Of Diaper Did You Wear As A Baby?

Kari

What Kind And/or Brand Of Diaper Did You Wear As A Baby?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What decade were you born in?

• Born before 1950, We wore whatever we could find.
    • Born in the 50's, I'm a Baby Boomer! And we had diaper service.
    • Born in the 60's, Part of the cloth/disposable transition.
    • Born in the 70's, If you didn't wear cloth you probably wore Pampers.
    • Born in the 80's, We had a lot of choices then.
    • Born in the 90's, So, you may of wore Pull Ups for potty training.
    • Born in the '00's, So, I'm not suppose to even be here.
  2. 2. What kind of diapers did you wear as a baby?

• Wore cloth diapers exclusively.
    • Wore disposable diapers exclusively.
    • Wore both cloth & disposable diapers.
    • Didn't wear either one, or OTHER...
  3. 3. What brand of diaper did you wear?

• Wore cloth diapers so it may or may not of been a particular brand.
    • Wore Pampers mostly if not always.
    • Wore Johnson & Johnson mostly if not always.
    • Wore Huggies mostly if not always.
    • Wore Wore Luvs mostly if not always.
    • Wore a store brand or other brand name.
    • None of these choices apply for me.

Being born in the mid 60's. I wore cloth diapers with plastic panties. I wet the bed and had to continue wearing cloth diapers to bed until I was around 9 or 10. So, I clearly remember my early diaper days. Back to the 1st poll question about the 60's and the cloth to disposable transition. I remember going through some stuff in our attic when I was a teenager and finding a couple of what I will call "hybrid" disposable diapers. They were individually wrapped in a plastic package and were described as "flushable". They were like disposables but still required the use of pins and plastic panties. I also remember the package saying to tear the diaper into 1 inch wide strips to flush down the toilet. I've no idea what the brand name was though. Anyone else ever seen this type of hybrid diaper from years ago?

Regards

Actually disposables existed as far back as 1949, in 1953 Playtex had "Dryper"s and I believe Chux came out in '61

If you were at the change I would think you would be closer to my age. By then, rubber panteis for babies was pretty rare.. Your parents

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I was born in 1958 and I wore Terry nappies and plastic pants,my sister and my wife 61 and they also wore plastic baby pants.when I was a teenager I still remember seeing plastic pants and Terry towelling nappies on neighbours washing lines which was exciting and a sight sorely missing from todays gardens.I love to wear cloth with plastic pants but for convenience now also wear disposables

• 2 weeks later...

There’s what's known as the "Baby Boomers". They only had cloth diapers with plastic pants.

Disposable diapers were at most an idea in the 1950's of a P&G developer, Vic Mill's, the inventor of Pampers.

Actually, Johnson & Johnson manufactured and sold disposable diapers in the early 40's. They were considered a luxury item by parents though, and having just gone through the Depression a decade earlier most parents opted to stick with cloth. They still required rubber/plastic pants though, so most parents didn't see the point to them.

I was potty trained very early but I do remember huggies and pampers being in the closet and diaperbag. I remember being at daycare and steeling a pullup I brought it home and put it on before bed I got caught by my mom she wasn't very happy, I think I was 5 at that point. So even from an early age I had a longing for them and I've been in and out ever of diapers ever sense. :)

I like the old style plastic back diapers from my childhood.

• Like 1

I was born in the mid 1980's and Pampers my parents mostly used on me. I wore Huggies I know because I have seen it in one of the photos from when I was three. They had prints on them and they were stars. I wore cloth when I was an infant and then my parents switched to disposables and they were Pampers because they were the best and held more and didn't leak. Back then the thicker the diapers were, the more they held. That is what my dad told me. I remember how thick they were then. Now they are thin you can't even tell a child has one on and they hold well.

• 3 weeks later...

Born in 1968.........Used mainly cloth diapers, but once in a while Pampers, but they gave me a rash if they were used too often back then.

However, I grow out of it somehow (or P&G changed something?) and when I started school, I was wearing Pampers most of the time (born incontinent), but that didn't last all that long - I guess it seemed longer as a kid.

• 2 weeks later...

well it's hard to say what i wore when i was a small baby but my guess would be huggies. I do know that I wore pull ups when i was around 2-5 whenever it was nap time, or whenever it was just time for bed.

• 3 months later...

I couldn't wear cloth as I was allergic to the stuff they used to clean them as my parent's did have a diaper service for me. I instead was put in Pampers, but I had plastic panties over them as I tended to be a heavy wetter.