LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Designing A Little Girl's Room

As you can see from my room posted in the opening, you do not need to buy expensive items, just look at Savers and other thrift shops and have a little imagination, know what you want ,

• 3 weeks later...

I got my Minnie Mouse sheets from wal-mart plus the comforter pillow shames and my best friends mom made my connopy for my bed out of a sheet set. I have all of the American Girls dolls and love them all. My walls are pink and my bed is white. I have a dark pink rug I love my room.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing to remember is explicit vs implicit

Explicit means to have specifically identified items in the room. such as a sign that might say "Fairy Girl" or "Princes ...."

Imploicit means to have the things that go with the name but not stated openly: For example, The dolls and other things show that I am Girl, My tiaras are out in the open in a place reserved fro them. That could identify me as a princess, ballerina or, mostl likely, Fairy or at least partly. The "starflower tree" is a Fairy accessory. The four Fairy dolls residing in my headboard is another Fairy thing (incidentally: that type of 12" doll became the official Fairy doll of GirlTalk To) Nowhere do you see anything like "Fairy Girl Kirstra [my Fairy name. although they are perfectly happy with 'Christine Daryleann']" but you would know upon entering that it is a girl's room of a special kind. There are no "explicit"things.When I was little, Most of the pretty things in a girl's room actually served a feminine purpose part of which the appearance was. In that sense, a girl's room was not actually designed, only set up with things that were fairly common and laid out and arranged

Of the two,implicit is to be preferred since the themeatic items are part of the room's layout and identity. When I was little, we did not have the explicit items. Also the explicit kinds of things mark it as self-conscious. Now there are decorational things, many star, heart and scallop shell shaped things, which along with the tiaras are the shapes that Fairies love. Lady Tooth, Tiara or Flower ccould come in and feel right at home

The difference in emmphaisis of implicit and explicit is the difference between the authentic and the wannabe who is "trying too hard", so, when making your Little Girl room, put 90% of the effort into the implicit. white furniture, a pink satin bedspread and a bride doll on a doll stand will be more convincing than a sign that says "Princess Kirsten" or "Mommy's Little Girl" (the latter type would bespeak a sissy more than a girl: Someone might want to put up "Designing a Sissy's Room": I would not know how to)

I already saw your pictures when I was looking throught your gallery the other day.

I absolutely love your room, I think it really tells that its an actual little girls room. You already implied its not designy or anything. Its just a cute little girls room, with pretty things in it that little girls like to have! Like the pink bed sheets, dollies, white furniture, Very old school.

Probably most little girls' rooms are designed and loaded with explicit material. or, made specifically to be gender-free in accordance with the latest claptrap that demeans femininity as well as masculinity. This has been the case since the post-war prosperity really got going in the late 1950's and has mostly been the result of Disney. I wonder if Princess Belle's room has any "Proncess Belle" accessorie; if you take my meaning. For boys, named accessories were around since the earliest beginnings of television as a major medium. There were Hopalong Cassidy guns and things and Tom Corbett Space Cadet and Captain Video things. The only one that really made sense to have as a "brand name" was Space Patrol, since it referenced and organization. Tom Corbette was a cadet in the Solar Guard so it would have made more sence to have a Solar Guard label on the items rather than the "Tom Corbett Space Cadet" logo, not to mentin Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon.

For Girls there were no outstanding names until Mettel had Barbi going for awhile. There were a few "Shirley Temple" items but not like the boys' things in scope or depth. Of Course Winnie the Pooh and some Disney characters like Mickey and Minnie or Donald and Daisy were used in decorationg but not so much as named as by image and this, like teddy bears, for the under 5-1/2 set. When I was 9, i was given a Pinicchio about 3 ft tall by the grownups (another Disney creation the movie of which I had seen) but it meant nothing to me and I had no idea of what to do with it. I would have preferred a 36" "Patti Play" doll; at least she would have made sense to me as a person without a pre-existing story that would limit my creativity, or better yet, a Froggy the Gremlin toy: HE was awesome!

But at any rate the items in the pre-Barbie girl's room were girlish by nature in either color or in appearance having more elegant 'lines' or pastel colors and some of the girl's things: usually dolls and doll accessories often a few pairs of real baby panties and an occasional diaper and diaper bag. It was the luckiest of girls who inherited a real diaper bag with real baby things in it. Usually, the only "decoration" was a bride doll who was gorgeous but seldom if ever, played with. it was the middle 60'd that saw the theming of a girls' room begin in earnest.

I always thought that theming boys' rooms was a bit phoney, although when I was 7 my bedroom was given the space theme including wallpaper, but it was due for a remodel anyway, that was the new cool thing to do and no particular brand or characters were used, since most of the time, boys were outside or in the cellar. Girls did more in their rooms in the way of playing. If my room was of decent size, I would leave my tea set (a full-size 4 serving set of real plastic dishes I got at a thrift store for the princessly sum of 4 USD) and was able to augment with plastic flatware and drinking glasses, and real metal coffee and tea pots and serving tray) and table set up but that would never work and since they got here, my dollies have forgotten what a toybox is. The only time my girl things are hidden is when the apartment is inspected for maintenance and I have two good "reasons" for the girlish look to it 1. the room is small and dark furniture would make it claustro 2. The girl's set was a demo that I got cheap and had a lot of shelves and drawers; a must in a small room; even the seating benches have storage space and to try and use non girlish accessories, like lamps would just make it look like it didn't match with itself: "An unintegrated mess". The closet has a curtain because the person before me wrecked the tracks that the sliding doors were on and they were never fixed so I just did that

So Getting back to the topic title, by "designing" a Little Girl's room it refers to deciding what is important and how it fits in rather than theming or making things explicit