LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Cloth Diapers

Mine are special made based on what I was put in when I was little which were home-made then

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=28199

Most of mine are handmade as well. My wife essentially made rectangular prefolds out of a double layer of birdseye and added (depending on which iteration) four or so additional layers down the center.

I've got a few here and there I've ordered from people like Angel Fluff, Nice Diaper, and Comco. Buying them already made is substantially more expensive.

Mine too are homemade. While not in stock now, I've found organic cotton Birdseye which I've easily made into 4-8-4 pre folds. It was a 60" bolt so I used the excess to make rectangular stuffers; Zorb on the inside and Birdseye on the outside.

BabyMaggie brought an old, but good sewing machine into our marriage and I bought an inexpensive but recommended surger. For adult sizes of most things that we see made for infants, you'll either have to make yourself or hire a seamstress. If you're reluctant to tell your family, your doctor and your coworkers about your diapers, how is it going to be easy to work with a custom seamstress?

The ones I have are good against side leaks because they pin in front (or back if you are being diapered by someone and they want to turn you on your tummy so that you cannot get at the pins to unpin and take them off). Also, "center soakers" are a bad idea because they keep the wetnes and all that burning, nest to the more delicate parts of body longer. It was better to have 3 evenly thick diapers than a, say, 2x4x2 since the wet ran through the 3 layers in the crotch more quickly than trhough four, was blocked by the rubber panties and spread along the outside of the diaper and since the diapers were 3 layers insstead of 2 it was just as absorban overall as the 2x4x2. There is a picture of what my diapers look like when pinned. But then, this was for diapering littles and not babies and may have been the ancestor of the contour diaper. Back then diapering was not uniform since most mothers were born in the 1915 to 1025 and learned it from their mothers by playing with dolls and most diapers were probably home made so it is unlikely that, though commercially made diaprs existed, they would be widely, so there was no standard diapers. It was likely learned from the Depression that it is a waste of money to buy what you can make out of readily available materials with common feminine skill. This meant that there would be wide variability in diaper size and shape. There is extensive literature on folding flat diapers. By 1960 the 3 major types were the 21x14 prefold, 27x27 and the 21x40. I think the contour/hourglass came out in the mid 1960's: At least that is when I first saw them. The other thing about flat diapers is that they could do multiple duty as wipes, wash clothes, underpadding and burp cloths since they could be folded in multiple ways for different jobs. They also line-dried more quickly and easily than prefolds

I had an aunt who was a nurse and she was appalled at prefolds becuase they would fit so closely and not allow much ventillation between diaper and body and described them as "cruel"

I grew up wearing folded Curity 21x40" flat gauze diapers, fastened by diaper pins. Mom and Granny would take worn diapers and connect them using an industrial over-lock machine to make 40" square and ever 60" x 40" diapers for themselves. As my sisters grew large enough they also wore the larger diapers, which we would fold to fit us individually.

In May of 1991 I fell in love with Don Davis, who had really good laundry equipment at his house. That was when I started wearing DPF gauze prefolds, with ordinary Gerber baby prefolds as soakers.

When DPF went out of business I started using 36" square 2-ply flat gauze diapers from Adult Cloth Diaper dot com as the pinned outer diaper, still using Gerber Birdseye prefolds as the soakers.

I wear the 44" 4-ply gauze diapers from adultclothdiaper.com. They are big but fold up well and put the bulk where I need it the most. I lay one flat on the bottom , then add one folded in 3rds, and then add one more folded in 4ths. After they are laid on top of each other, I fold the bottom flat one over so it is in thirds. Bring the top down, fan out the back of the bottom diaper and pin them on. No need for other stuffers.

To top them off, I wear Comco plastic pants.

• 2 weeks later...

Diaper flannel that is 27" by 36" and a soaker panel made of Birdseye cotton. Pull-on PUL waterproof pants (various colors to keep things interesting). I make everything myself to assure a proper fit and to control the quality of the materials. Don't forget a high-quality set of Dritz diaper pins with locking heads. Standard baby sized pins work fine for me.

My favorite cloth diaper is made by "Adult Cloth Diaper.Com" I prefer the "night time" thickness cotton gauze prefold diaper. After laundering these diapers six or more times, they are so thick and fluffy!