LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can You Identify A Year A Box Or Pack Of Diapers Came Out?

Am I just Pamper obssessed or do you remember the diapers that were around when you were little?

I have gotten pretty good at knowing if a box of Pampers came out before 1972.

Because there were no custom fit tapes prior to 1972 yet.

Mothers, (or whoever was changing the baby) used diaper pins that were still around.

Wish I could find some old diaper pins, btw. :(

But, I guess many kids were still using cloth at home and then disposables for convienence when going out back then. I remember wearing both and Pampers until that darn potty had to ruin it.

Guess that's why they could sell them at about a dozen per box back in those days.

That wouldn't last very long anymore. Maybe a day and a half you think? :unsure:

Do you know your diapers??? :P

Here's a bunch I screen captured just to see who all is a diaper afincianado among us. :whistling:

fjTWS.jpg?1

Purple Toddler Pampers were always my favorite!

Because I remember wearing them... And then one day Mom just gave them away. :rant:

Stuff

I know the feeling - I'm motivated by a strong sense of nostalgia to track down European Pampers from 1990 to 1999, but they're very rare. The Vintage Pampers seen on eBay are all North American Pampers which had a different construction to EU Pampers, and there were also packaging differences too (we had "Babydry Plus", for example; we also had velcro landing zones from 1996, whereas NA Pampers used smooth-plastic landing zones until just before the switch to cloth-backed).

Thank you for the screenshot - there's a few designs there I haven't seen for a while. Can you post a link to the search results? Thanks!

Purple Toddler Pampers were always my favorite!

Because I remember wearing them... And then one day Mom just gave them away. :rant:

There's a pack on eBay right now. The same seller had another pack of these a few weeks ago - I think they sold for about $250 USD.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130818144089&item=130818144089&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466

Guest diaperj71

I wore the johnson's disposables as a baby. I don't remember that but I do know my sister wore them and I mentioned in another post I was forcefully put back in one at age 6 one night for my bedwetiing. For some strange reason I remember the tape tabs had little covers that peeled off somehow the way it was fastened so there were always these little tabs in the ashtray from diaper changes. I probably didn't explain it right but anyways when my brother was born and I was 11, johnsons were not made and I ended up sneaking his pampers for a few months when he got to the toddler size and I barely fit in them but good enough to fool my parents into thinking I stopped wetting at night.

There's a pack on eBay right now. The same seller had another pack of these a few weeks ago - I think they sold for about $250 USD.

http://www.ebay.com/...vectorid=229466

YES! Those are nice as well as in niced coindition.

But I think if I was going to spend over 100 on any diapers, I'd want the boxed styled Pampers.

I know the feeling - I'm motivated by a strong sense of nostalgia to track down European Pampers from 1990 to 1999, but they're very rare. The Vintage Pampers seen on eBay are all North American Pampers which had a different construction to EU Pampers, and there were also packaging differences too (we had "Babydry Plus", for example; we also had velcro landing zones from 1996, whereas NA Pampers used smooth-plastic landing zones until just before the switch to cloth-backed).

Thank you for the screenshot - there's a few designs there I haven't seen for a while. Can you post a link to the search results? Thanks!

I just typed in Vintage diapers, Pampers and Huggies on Google images.

It was the summer of 1977 that I decided I wanted to wear a diaper. I was 15. I made them at first from a bedpad and a white plastic bag, maybe did that only twice. By November of that year I got up the nerve to buy some Pampers, Toddler size, the purple box. And just like poopy_dipes, I taped two together for a diaper that fit (definitely on the small side still, but not bad). I also loved pulling on a Toddler-sized pair of Gerber plastic pants, which were way too small, of course. Then pee, poo, and, finally, orgasm.

Anyone who loves early Pampers MUST check out YouTube. There used to be just a few "box" Pampers TV commercials; now there are dozens. Great fun to watch when I'm wearing exactly what they're talking about. I look down and agree, box Pampers really are the best.

I also remember Johnson&Johnson diapers, can still remember the TV commercials featuring Nanny of Nanny and the Professor. I bought at least one box of the Toddler size, and distinctly recall them being thicker than Pampers, but also slightly smaller. Probably my favorite diaper was Pampers Extra Absorbent Toddler (cames 40 to a box (orange), not 48 (four purple boxes, basically), and never by the dozen).

• 2 weeks later...

I search ebay every day for vintage Pampers. I too am a Pampers fanatic.I've only purchased once since unopened boxes usually start at $200. The time I bought someone didn't know what they had and posted a box of ultra pampers XL, the blue box. I trembled trying to do the buy it now before someone beat me to it. I use it as a prop now. I bring out the box and pile my bambinos and DK's on it or beside it. I so wanna have the box enlatged so that I actually could fit 28 bambinos in it. Ive thought about going to a print shop to see if they could do that for me. . I have a box of Pampers babydry size 6 filled with bambinos and the ultra pampers xl beside it.

post-166-0-96025000-1356175341_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-31637600-1356175405_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-96025000-1356175341_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-31637600-1356175405_thumb.jpg

If you got the cash, a print shop can do that :) but they may want to see a copyright release first :o A claim of use for artistic purposes might be enough ;) It would be a good idea to take them the box you wanted to use to get the sizing right.

Understand that I am not suggesting anything illegal, but if you got several prints and used a common box I bet you could get several people offer a 'donation' to help you defray the cost of printing, and in appreciation of that 'donation' you could send them a nice 'thank you gift' :ph34r: So long as it was only a few I doubt you'd get even a 'cease and desist' letter but I wouldn't push it without express written permission :D

I know of similar things happening where you could purchase and download the .gif or .jpeg file sized properly for smaller vintage items to do your own home printing and glue-ups :whistling: Some of those brands were still in production and of them, only a few objected to use of their still-copyrighted images, the others can still be had as far as I know. It is kept kind of quiet so that it doesn't draw unwanted attention perhaps causing the loss of more resources to those of us with those interests, and that Is why I'm not giving details <_< I will only say that it makes many vintage collectors quite happy to have the period-correct accessory on display with their collected items :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

As much as I'd like to have a package, $285 for a package of 20 Happies XXL is outrageous.

Why doesn't the Sanita company see the supply demand and just sell them themselves to the U.S. market?

Apparently they are selling. So it's capitalism at work. I guess... :screwy:

DSC_2215.jpg

As much as I'd like to have a package, $285 for a package of 20 Happies XXL is outrageous.

Why doesn't the Sanita company see the supply demand and just sell them themselves to the U.S. market?

Apparently they are selling. So it's capitalism at work. I guess...

Pampers Size 7 aren't selling in the US. Sanita sells exclusively to the Middle Eastern market - my guess is these are sold for bedwetters because GoodNites aren't really available there.

Fun Pampers tidbit: European Size 6 are bigger than US Size 6. I have in my possession a 1999 and 2012 USA Size 6, and an EU 2003 Size 6, and the EU Size 6s are noticably taller., whereas the 1999 and 2012 USA Size 6es are the same size.

Yep I know my vintage diapers pretty well. My avatar is an example of the diapers I used to wear as a toddler...1987 Huggies Supertrim, same tape design, Size 3, with red packaging( I was an underweight kid ). Come to think of it I didn't have a size 28 inch waist untill I was like 11. Damn!!!!! Now it's 38!!! I probably could have worn baby sized diapers as a kid for a long ass time.

Here is the commercial for the exact same diaper(product debut)

I remember wearing vintage Pampers from the early 1970s as a late potty trainer kept in diapers as an older child. The nursery school I attended 2-3 days a week insisted on using disposable diapers on us kids and my mom solely transitioned me from cloth and plastic pants into Pampers during the daytime based on their influence. I remember wearing Pampers for extended family outings or errands at thirst, but slowly the convenience of Pampers had my mom using them more and more on me until my closet was filled with those small purple boxes. I always had an open box on my dresser and remember the strong diaper smell and sound of that new open box. I preferred being put in Pampers over cloth diapers and plastic pants because they were not as bulky and obvious, although the crinkle sound of Pampers was a dead given away that I was wearing diapers. I remember them coming in Pink box too without tapes. The memories are burned in my mind.....

I remember riding my bike to the grocery store when I was about 10 and buying a pack of Luvs, I had shelved my feelings for a long time before then and at that point the urge was just too strong (glad I did). I remember hiding that pack in the basement and I rationed them for what seemed like months! I coveted diapers like most little boys would do with a nudy mag lol. I'll never forget the smell, the look, the packaging, and most importantly, the feeling of them. The first time I worked up the nerve to stack 3 of them together, shove them into my jeans and wear them in front of family I decided to commit fully and I let go and pissed my brains out (without throttling). They held every drop and swelled up so much, it wasn't piss, it was BLISS! I'm really happy it worked out the way it did because it molded my entire outlook toward them for the rest of my life!

I did the same thing as you, diaperboyMKE, when I was 12. I bought my first package of Luvs when I was 12, and quickly ran up to the nearest public restroom to put one on. Not knowing any better, I bought size 3 or 4. Obviously, they were too small. So I ran back to the store and bought some duct tape. That did the trick, and I rode home in 4 thick Luvs diapers. It was pouring rain, but I could have cared less, I was so happy in my diapers. Sadly, my parents found my diapers, which I hid behind a piano in our house. Needless to say, this cycle continued for several years through adolescence before my parents finally gave in and let me buy diapers.

• 3 months later...