LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena Quality Issues

Is anyone else seeing quality issues with Abena products?

I've always like Abena, especially for times I want to be discrete... My last two orders, though, had quality issues. One was for their pull-up. That batch leaked SAP into the diaper when wet, which irritated the hell out of my skin. The other was for briefs, and almost a 3rd of the package had tape issues, where the tapes were slightly misplaced adhering the side panel to the back of the diaper...

Is this isolated, or is Abena having issues?

Sometimes there's a bad batch. Usually abenas are of good quality. However, they ARE unfortunately making the switch to clothbacked. On XP Medical's site, they've already discontinued the extra-small/youth and small sizes of the plastic backed abenas in favor of clothlike.

See for yourself: http://xpmedical.com/abriform.html

I don't know when, but eventually abena will more than likely make the switch to their "AirPlus" line completely. From what I hear, they suck about as much as any other clothlike diaper. So, once they do make that switch, I personally will no longer be buying abenas.

~ Cody, AKA moogle

I'm with you Moogle.....if Abena ever goes away from plastic backed then I'll stop buying them too. I might get flamed for this but 'cloth like' diapers just don't feel like diapers to me....

Give me a nice, crinkly, plastic backed diaper any day of the week.

There's what I buy for enjoyment and then there's what I buy for function. Bambinos, which I thoroughly enjoy, and happen to be functional as hell, are my night-time choice.

During the day, though, I like something a bit more discrete. I need something thinner and quieter. That lead me to Abena... I'm 2nd guessing that choice now, though...

There's what I buy for enjoyment and then there's what I buy for function. Bambinos, which I thoroughly enjoy, and happen to be functional as hell, are my night-time choice.

During the day, though, I like something a bit more discrete. I need something thinner and quieter. That lead me to Abena... I'm 2nd guessing that choice now, though...

The plastic backed Abenas are great, so I'd suggest buying some before they go out of production (assuming you're a medium or a large). If you want a different diaper for when abena makes the clothlike switch, try Molicare!

~ Cody, AKA moogle

It should be remembered that the ABDL segment of the Adult Diaper market is small, so if you want them to keep the plastic backing then let them know this before they change ;) It is far easier and cheaper for a company to keep doing things than to try something different then change back. Our small numbers alone are not enough to change their profit margins or their minds, but if we seem to be part of their largest market perhaps they will listen :ph34r: So in your request to keep the plastic backing, do not come across as an ABDL which they may discount, rather just point out that your experience with cloth-like backing has shown it doesn't work well enough for your needs, and indicate that you will not be buying a cloth-backed product from them or anyone else <_< Use multiple email addys and spread the messages over a few days so they don't make the connection between them :whistling:

If we all speak up like this, our numbers will show up in a much larger proportion than the actual ratio of Incon to ABDL so there will be a better chance of getting what we want :DOtherwise, prepare to be assimilated- cloth-like backing is the wave of the future :o

Bettypooh