LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Tale Of Two Diapers

JBonn

Maybe this belongs in the Reviews area, I don't know.

So back in August, I posed the question if there were any good pull-on diapers out there. I did a bit of comparison shopping online and decided to go out on a limb and order from some place new, to me, at least.

I contacted the person behind the site at Fancy Pants Diapers, described what I wanted (a pull-on cloth diaper good for night time use that would have padding all the way around. She said the "Night Time" would be best for me and just to specify that I wanted a pull-on version as each diaper is custom made after the order is put in. I asked if there was a picture of the pull-on version and I was given a thumbnail image and was told no more images woudl be forthcoming. So, I went ahead with it and ordered. Since the business is only about 65 miles away in my home state, I felt pretty good about supporting a "local" merchant, and I figured it might get here a little quicker, having a shorter distance to travel.

About a week and a half went by and I was going to be going out of town for a couple days and was anxious to know if it would be arriving soon, so I dropped Ann at the site an email inquiring. I was told that it would be between 4-6 weeks, and that this was stated on the website. Good for me that it wasn't arriving while I was out of town, but bad for me that it would take so long. I did go back and check the website, and doing a FIND search on the page I was able to find the shipping reference, about 3-4 page scrolls down on the homepage, in the middle of a block of text in 10pt font. Wish I'd seen that sooner, as it would have changed my plans.

As time went on, I decided to couch my bet and put in an order with Babykins for one of their pull-on diapers and a couple pair of waterproof panties, all custom altered (+ $5 each) to accomodate my larger than average legs.

At the 6 weeks mark of the original FancyPantsDiapers order I, again, emailed inquiring on the status. I received a polite reply that it would go out in the mail on Monday. Received the package about 7.5 weeks after order.

What I received, however, was definitely not what I was expecting. I'll try to post some photos later if I can figure out a way to attach them w/o having to link to an external site. Essentially it's a "pant" with 12 layers of long, rectangular pads, sewn into the "U" shape covering the front and back of the diaper. The sides are just single layer fabric, similar to coarse linen, which encases the whole pant. It reminds me quite a bit of the old "belted undergarments" that Depend / Attend used to market heavily back in the 80's and 90's, but with MANY layers of the pad.

Long story short, this will NOT work for males who wet the bed or anyone who sleeps on their side. Gotta hand it to her, though, it IS thick... in that one area. 12 layers is.... 12 layers. Just wish it were evenly distributed so it would be useful.

The Babykins order arrived in my mailbox 2 weeks after I placed the order....from 2500 miles away in another country. The diaper is exactly as pictured. While not as thick as I'd ultimately like it to be, it will do very well, I think. Did pay more for shipping, but I was expecting that, having ordered from them before multiple times and knowing it's coming internationally, a long way.

I get the impression that FPD is one woman, struggling to keep up with her cottage industry, while I know that KINS is a well established professional business that still caters to the needs of its clientele.

TLDR:

FancyPantsDiapers - 2 months to get 1 item and it wasn't what I'd asked for.

Babykins - 2 weeks to get 3 items, custom altered, all exactly as I requested.

Hope this helps someone else out there.

Archived