• Small (21-32 inch)
    • Medium (32-45 inch)
    • Large (46-58 inch)
    • X large (59+)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember 30 years ago when I could fit in medium disposable diapers.  Then I found Large would fit better as I put on weight between jobs and eventually migrated from an active on my feet all day job to a sit down desk job.  Now I wear Large and X-Large size diapers and they both fit well.  The X-Large are not a problem, I can tape them on much farther across the front of my waist while still being able to take them on tight enough around the legs, even the stretchy cloth backed disposables.  I usually only wear for about 3 hours a couple days a week, but when wearing out for extended times, I usually wear plastic pants over them so if they do somehow become a little loose over time, I have no worry about leaks.

• 1 month later...

I like the dry 24/7 in medium, but I also wear Seni super plus and Seni quatro diapers and those come in a size between medium and large. This new size is called regular and those diapers seem to be the best fitting and most comfortable diapers I have ever worn. I think when I run out of my current stash of dry 24/7's, I will start wearing only the Seni diapers.

32in and i always have to look closely for what size they support because sometimes small, most of the time medium. i once ordered large, because abu stock, and it was laughable. lately ive been leaning towards medium anyway because even if i fit the small i know mediums have more absorbtion and its the same price anyway. id rather have the thicker diaper. 

if my diet goes well i might go back down to smalls pending if i can drop 15lbs but its tough when you're just out of shape and dont have a ton of excess anyway. (my biggest concern is if i work out ill gain muscle and by extension weight) i dont want to get big, just want to ditch the flab.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I ticked off 32-45 inch, which in this poll is a medium. I once ordered a Wellness brief, and my waist size was listed as large. This type of sizing discrepancy has been one of the main reasons I really prefer cloth diapers. I can pin them tight as I feel comfortable. So I normally wear two cloth diapers, between which are sandwiched two Zorb II inserts. Each diaper is about 30" X 30"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Being only 150cm the x-smalls fit me fine, though i like the extra absorbancy the small or mediums give me more so that's what i usually wear. 

• 1 month later...

XL here... but I'm only 44ish waist.  That's because the stated measurements are a fallacy!   Just because the plastic wings measure 23" edge to edge does not mean it will fit up to 46" waist!  (But that's basically how they do it!)  I too like a higher waist line from my diapers and find that large frequently "comes up short".

There are some brands where the large still works or that don't come in XL (Crinklz, Abriform L4, Dry 24/7 are a few).   But, too many of the latest printed diapers size large are just too small for me, which bums me out.  

One thing that would be an interesting point to make is if you are female or male - what size diaper do you wear and how is the fit based on your gender.  For guys, maybe the waist size is more important because usually guys have smaller hips and buttocks.  Women on the other hand may have smaller waist's but larger, curvier hips and fuller buttocks.  I'd be curious if a medium would fit a guy perfect around hips and waist but a woman of the same weight and height might get a better fit with a large (especially around the hips and legs) even if she has to pull the top tapes of the diaper farther in front around her waist to get a tighter fit.  

Assuming you don’t go too extreme, wearing an overs-sized disposable diaper doesn’t mean you’d have to live with sags or bulges.  I simply start with the waist higher in back; pull the diaper snuggly through the crotch; and then fasten it with as much overlap as needed to get a snug fit around the body.  Having the diaper well above the waist in back is useful and it prevent the diaper from sliding down even with vigorous exercise.  I’m a 46 waist, but wear the XL Seni Quattro. 

I have about a 35" waist, so I can fit in most medium size diapers. However, I have been buying Large size in cloth and disposable diapers for the last few years. 

I ordered some diapers online a few years ago, and they sent me a large instead of medium. I thought, "what the heck, I'll try it!"  I found I like the fit of large much better than medium, even though "the charts" say I fit medium. With the large, I get more wrap-around from the back to the front,  so the tapes and my diaper pins are more towards the front center, than the sides. I find I have fewer leaks and my diapers just seem more comfortable. Granted, the rise is higher at the waist, but that is an acceptable trade off. Of course, I can't wear "Low Rider" or "Bikini Cut" plastic pants with my larger diapers, but I never really liked those anyway.

I spent two whole weeks on vacation this year, stented and in diapers 24/7, without a single leak..