LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Adult Baby Diapers
Livingbylies

What Kills A Story For You?

36 posts in this topic

Oh, and this is a personal thing, but if there is a rape scene and the rapist is exonerated in any way, I'll likely not ever come near you as an author again. And I'll probably yell at people a lot IRL.

Probably the same as "cookie-cutter houses". They all look amazingly alike, or in the case of stories, if you've read one, you've read them all. Currently I'm really enjoying "City Slicker" and started reading but just quit one that was way too over the top with sadistic activities and public displays that it fails the reasonableness test others have mentioned. That noted, "City Slicker" does have an unreasonable universe, but the plot and the characters stay within that universe. In fact, it is the author's creation of this universe that makes the story so interesting!

I see a lot of stories with forced sexuial gay or str8 on minors.  Not to menchen outright child abuse.......... This is why people that aren't in the abdl community think we are all a bunch of child molester's.    Unfortunately the very few that have crossed that line have made it very difficult for the rest of us

1 hour ago, fixitboy said:

I see a lot of stories with forced sexuial gay or str8 on minors.  Not to menchen outright child abuse.......... This is why people that aren't in the abdl community think we are all a bunch of child molester's.    Unfortunately the very few that have crossed that line have made it very difficult for the rest of us

I do believe those kinds of stories (sex with minors) are against the rules, so if you find a story with pedophilia in it, you should report it and the mods/admin will take care of it. :) 

Pretty much all that has been mentioned will kill off a story for me.

I am not a fan of having minors as the centre of a story (sexual or not), I think that it can show our community in a bad light; I do of course make exceptions when people talk about their own childhoods in a discussion for example. 

Dialogue is a huge element of a story and when it is poorly written then it can make it almost unreadable.

Just a couple of my biggest annoyances in a story.

Several things will kill a story for me. At the top of the list is poor spelling and bad grammar. Secondly is bad sentence structure; writing in incomplete sentences or thoughts. That's the mechanical not-to-dos. Story-wise, you need to build characters that the reader can relate to. The story has to be more than just about using diapers. Include other aspects of the person's life as well as other people--whether diaper lovers or not. Include other activities in the main character's life. Re-read what you have written and ask yourself if it would appeal to a wider audience than just yourself. (Write for the reader and not just for your own entertainment). In other words, if you write like a second-grader who didn't pay attention in English class, then your story won't fly. By reading other people's works, you will develop a feeling for what you like and don't like. Use that as an example when writing your own stories. I have freelanced as a writer most of my life, so I do know what I'm talking about. I also wrote technical training manuals when I was working--talk about trying to keep that interesting!

On a mechanical level, bad grammar and spelling ranks high. I'm sure I've missed out on an otherwise good story or two because it was nigh-on unreadable. I briefly beta'd for someone but had to cut it off because I started feeling less like I was offering suggestions and correcting errors and more like I was personally re-writing the story from scratch. Though, in their defense, last I saw they had improved on their own merit.

In the story itself: getting sexual. Or, more specifically, getting dirty and sexual. I can abide a sex scene or two, but the moment such a scene or a diaper change or similar starts talking about cocks and pussies, I check out.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I'm not into abuse. Total turn off. Yes, this means any one belittling another. I like nurturing relationships, but a total turn-off is the BDSM relationship. That includes spankings, public shaming...

What turns me off to a story:

I'm not a big fan of magic, and magical transformations. This is because in most stories the magic only exists to make littles. The way I find it works best is when the magic exists in a way the implies a larger world, and not just as a crutch to allow some Big to baby a little. It has to function to consistent rules that don't contradict each other for the convenience of plot.

Paragraphs, learn how to use them. Same goes for chapters.

Writing good dialogue is a difficult skill to learn. It can be frustrating to read, but I can take bad dialogue if its formatted well.

The Victorian Matron domme that is also common in crossdressing fantasies. She is really just a caricature that exists solely to satisfy the fantasies of the little/crossdresser. She is also a bitch. I have never in my life met a woman that acts like this. I don't understand why she is a cliche.

The Big isn't in it for the diapers and the cleanup. No one wants a dependent adult that doesn't contribute in any way to the family. That type of person is seen as a burden, usually has legitimate disabilities, and some rare, blessed people take on that burden. Find out what the Big gets out of having a little, find ways for the little to contribute. Otherwise I don't understand how the relationship works, or why the Big domme-type wants to enslave the the little.

The little has to want it, even just a little. Otherwise it starts to get rapey.

Underage. I get that there is a genre for this even without the sex. But to me this is fap material, and it frustrates me to get a few paragraphs into a good read only to find out the main character's ten.

Diapers aren't what makes the story interesting, it's the drama. The characters are people in themselves with their own wants and needs. Their lives are independent of the story; they have existed before the story began, and will continue to exist after the story is over. The drama comes from the relationships between characters, and the situations the characters are in. Diapers can be central to this drama, the Big/little dynamic can be central to this drama. But diapers don't make the drama, the characters do.

Cringy public displays that in a normal world would get a person some very unwanted, official attention. Either change the world rules (diaper dimension), create a safe-space with consenting adults, or keep it private with the public unaware.

I despise stories that are overly sexualized or involve entirely unrealistic BS (i.e some sexy single woman that just SO HAPPENS to have a fully stocked adult size nursery in her house? Who would have guessed..?!). Same goes for female violence/domination---this is not a thing 99% of the time in real life, so it gets exhausting and frankly, boring when it pops up in an enormous amount of ABDL stories.

Stories that involve 'slice of life' type stuff, with REALISM, that make you actually care for the characters, not as simple minded idiotic fap-fodder, are far more up my alley. Cookie cutter ABDL fap stories are a dime a dozen, but it's rare when someone comes out with a story that leaves you wanting to know more about the actual development of the characters/plot.