LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Kills A Story For You?

I sort of feel differently about bringing other littles into the mix. I guess I like the main character to remain a bit special in their littleness. It definitely doesn't kill a story for me, it can even enhance it. But most of the time I'd just rather not.

• 9 months later...

If your talking about this topic(diaper stuff) I would say things being obvious were it's going. I've seen many stories were the diaper topic shows up and that's it, you know exactly what is going to happen. You could say abdl story cliché. 

I prefer doing usual realistic stuff then bring the abdl stuff up. 😄

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 9/7/2021 at 5:49 AM, Sir Stinkypants said:

I dislike forced diapering/regression as a concept. I dislike being forced to do anything, and I doubt very seriously anyone here has ever had to be forced to wear diapers (save by medical necessity) or play the part of a baby. Why is this idea so appealing to so many people?

A likely part is because it removes all the shame of having this fetish. If you're forced it's not you who decided to do something crazy and thus there can be no blame and shame on you. It's liberating.

A second part is that you are then free to enjoy the moment, rather than having to worry or feel responsible over your choices. You no longer have to expend thought and energy over how exactly to work this thing into your life, because it is no longer up to you. Another form of liberation, which you can also recognize in people who like being submissive.

A third part is that it instantly creates a person who knows and approves of your predicament, for whatever reason, and thus is voluntarily part of the fetish. Instant connection and approval.

• Like 2

Abuse and humiliation of a character under 18, in any form. As an abuse survivor my self who lost his innocence; I just can’t understand, why people enjoy reading stuff like that. To me it just normalizes it as being ok, when its clearly not =/. (These are my personally held beliefs, yours may be different, while I may disagree I’m not going make an issue out of it.) 

• Like 3

I'm pretty easy to be honest, I'll read just about anything providing the writing / prose isn't totally awful. This isn't that big a community, so I don't feel like I have the luxury of being too picky 🥲 Sometimes an author writes a child abuse scene that isn't presented like it's child abuse? That's an instant DNF. I think it's a topic that can be written about in a way that's sensitive and engaging, but 1) even then it's not what I want to read in my kinky diaper stories, and 2) realizing the author thinks this kind of thing is okay / not abusive makes me super uncomfortable and pulls me out of the story.

Also, sound effects for bodily functions. You know what I mean. Super cringe, super not sexy, super not my thing. Lol.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, lilmissapricot said:

I'm pretty easy to be honest, I'll read just about anything providing the writing / prose isn't totally awful. This isn't that big a community, so I don't feel like I have the luxury of being too picky 🥲 Sometimes an author writes a child abuse scene that isn't presented like it's child abuse? That's an instant DNF. I think it's a topic that can be written about in a way that's sensitive and engaging, but 1) even then it's not what I want to read in my kinky diaper stories, and 2) realizing the author thinks this kind of thing is okay / not abusive makes me super uncomfortable and pulls me out of the story.

Also, sound effects for bodily functions. You know what I mean. Super cringe, super not sexy, super not my thing. Lol.

I don’t think a lot of people don’t understand what it’s like to be a child and have someone do something against your will, and not be able to stop it. But again while I feel this way, others may not, and while that bothers me, I’m not here to impose my will on anyone. (I was s/a by my sitter, almost murdered, and had a special ed team that convinced my mom that I couldn’t be toilet trained, because I was “autistic”.. I’m a survivor pls don’t take offense)

• Thanks 1

Writing a story that involves an abusive parent doesn't mean that the writer or readers condone abuse.

All stories require conflict. That conflict often comes from the antagonist engaging in unethical, immoral, or illegal behavior, usually to the detriment of the protagonist.

Portraying a villain doing villainous things doesn't mean that the author or readers support that behavior in any way. The point of the story isn't to cheer on the villain; it is to see how the protagonist survives and overcomes that challenge and how it shapes and affects their life. And yes, there is a satisfaction to seeing the villain get what is coming to them in the end.

If someone creates a story about a serial killer or a rapist, they aren't condoning murder or rape, and the people consuming that media aren't doing so because they find murder and rape to be acceptable behavior. These stories don't normally that behavior.

And likewise, if an author writes an ABDL story that contains abusive parents, that doesn't mean they are condoning the abuse, or that the people reading it are reading it because they like child abuse.

(The one caveat I would add would be that a story that does portray abuse as acceptable/good/normal would be problematic, there isn't any question about that.)

On 3/21/2024 at 12:19 PM, cdory said:

Abuse and humiliation of a character under 18, in any form. As an abuse survivor my self who lost his innocence; I just can’t understand, why people enjoy reading stuff like that. To me it just normalizes it as being ok, when its clearly not =/. (These are my personally held beliefs, yours may be different, while I may disagree I’m not going make an issue out of it.) 

I completely understand why someone with your background would be personally uncomfortable reading about that topic, I wanted to provide an explanation for why these types of stories can be OK to write/read.

36 minutes ago, cdory said:

I don’t think a lot of people don’t understand what it’s like to be a child and have someone do something against your will, and not be able to stop it.

And that is why stories about traumatic experiences can be important, because they can allow people who haven't had that experience to better understand and empathize with people who have.

To give an example, I recently watched a really well-done TV mini-series "A Nearly Normal Family." The series begins with a deeply uncomfortable scene where a teen girl is assaulted by her coach at a sports camp. The story gives a very detailed look at how this has impacted her life and the importance of being able to listen to and support survivors of assault.

As a guy, these are situations or experiences I'm not ever going to have, but there is an importance to being able to better understand the challenges women still face in society. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MinnesotaWriter said:

Writing a story that involves an abusive parent doesn't mean that the writer or readers condone abuse.

All stories require conflict. That conflict often comes from the antagonist engaging in unethical, immoral, or illegal behavior, usually to the detriment of the protagonist.

Portraying a villain doing villainous things doesn't mean that the author or readers support that behavior in any way. The point of the story isn't to cheer on the villain; it is to see how the protagonist survives and overcomes that challenge and how it shapes and affects their life. And yes, there is a satisfaction to seeing the villain get what is coming to them in the end.

If someone creates a story about a serial killer or a rapist, they aren't condoning murder or rape, and the people consuming that media aren't doing so because they find murder and rape to be acceptable behavior. These stories don't normally that behavior.

And likewise, if an author writes an ABDL story that contains abusive parents, that doesn't mean they are condoning the abuse, or that the people reading it are reading it because they like child abuse.

(The one caveat I would add would be that a story that does portray abuse as acceptable/good/normal would be problematic, there isn't any question about that.)

I completely understand why someone with your background would be personally uncomfortable reading about that topic, I wanted to provide an explanation for why these types of stories can be OK to write/read.

And that is why stories about traumatic experiences can be important, because they can allow people who haven't had that experience to better understand and empathize with people who have.

To give an example, I recently watched a really well-done TV mini-series "A Nearly Normal Family." The series begins with a deeply uncomfortable scene where a teen girl is assaulted by her coach at a sports camp. The story gives a very detailed look at how this has impacted her life and the importance of being able to listen to and support survivors of assault.

As a guy, these are situations or experiences I'm not ever going to have, but there is an importance to being able to better understand the challenges women still face in society. 

The teachers were not mean about the diapers tbh, but that didn’t mean I didn’t want to be a big kid, and be like everyone else =/ Thank fully I was able to get dry using the 15 minute method (I.E. getting put on the toilet every 15) at a therapy / respite program the school ran. As for stories If like say yours, theres a positive outcome, and the character lives happy, I don’t have much issue with. That I would and do with a story like “The Summer Nursery” over on watt pad. Where the author is feminizing child against his wishes, and trapping him as a baby / sissy because of not being potty trained. So basically just because this poor little boy cant be dry he has to suffer through the above. It’s just emotionally damaging to go through, the thought of a a child bring stuck like that even fictionalized makes me cry. It bothers me because I felt that same hopelessness, I thought I was defective and worthless. It was so bad in 4 grade I walked out in front a car in a cross walk, hoping it hit me.. When I see stories like “The Summer Nursery”, it’s like someone is telling my story, and I have to relive it. But I digress I just wish more of these stories had positive outcomes where at least the character was happy.. 

22 hours ago, cdory said:

The teachers were not mean about the diapers tbh, but that didn’t mean I didn’t want to be a big kid, and be like everyone else =/ Thank fully I was able to get dry using the 15 minute method (I.E. getting put on the toilet every 15) at a therapy / respite program the school ran. As for stories If like say yours, theres a positive outcome, and the character lives happy, I don’t have much issue with. That I would and do with a story like “The Summer Nursery” over on watt pad. Where the author is feminizing child against his wishes, and trapping him as a baby / sissy because of not being potty trained. So basically just because this poor little boy cant be dry he has to suffer through the above. It’s just emotionally damaging to go through, the thought of a a child bring stuck like that even fictionalized makes me cry. It bothers me because I felt that same hopelessness, I thought I was defective and worthless. It was so bad in 4 grade I walked out in front a car in a cross walk, hoping it hit me.. When I see stories like “The Summer Nursery”, it’s like someone is telling my story, and I have to relive it. But I digress I just wish more of these stories had positive outcomes where at least the character was happy.. 

I want to apologize if I made anyone feel uncomfortable in this thread. When people think your defective, a burden, or you don’t fit their version of normal; they tend to use it as a weapon.  My father wanted a miniature him, when I came a long, with Autism, incontinence, etc. I became his verbal and physical punching bag. Beatings, being chased with a knife, told I wasn’t good enough, then abandoned. I had the trifecta of the worst life a kid could have and it ruined my life. When I read stories with abuse or humiliation; it brings me right back to 10yo me walking out in front of that car hoping it killed me. Don’t feel bad, writing is supposed to be provocative, and it’s perfectly ok to touch on difficult subjects. If anything just remember, childhood trauma lasts forever.. Anyhow have a great weekend everyone and again I’m sorry if I made any of you uncomfortable.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, cdory said:

I want to apologize if I made anyone feel uncomfortable in this thread. When people think your defective, a burden, or you don’t fit their version of normal; they tend to use it as a weapon.  My father wanted a miniature him, when I came a long, with Autism, incontinence, etc. I became his verbal and physical punching bag. Beatings, being chased with a knife, told I wasn’t good enough, then abandoned. I had the trifecta of the worst life a kid could have and it ruined my life. When I read stories with abuse or humiliation; it brings me right back to 10yo me walking out in front of that car hoping it killed me. Don’t feel bad, writing is supposed to be provocative, and it’s perfectly ok to touch on difficult subjects. If anything just remember, childhood trauma lasts forever.. Anyhow have a great weekend everyone and again I’m sorry if I made any of you uncomfortable.    

No problem, I can fully understand you not wanting to read things that bring up bad . memories. I can't imagine doing any of that to a child, so while it may be part of a character's past, it's only mentioned, not described.

• Thanks 1
On 3/22/2024 at 1:05 PM, MinnesotaWriter said:

Your post is well reasoned, and in the abstract I agree with you.  Unfortunately, to judge from the comments that some readers leave on stories pursuing the child abuse through diaper humiliation theme, there are clearly people here cheering on the abuse, and just as clearly enjoying it.  The power relationship between parent/stepparent/guardian and child is one-sided, and in the case of prepubescent children, extremely so.  It seems to me, therefore, that every author mining this very popular trope should take great care with the subject matter.  You have managed this issue very well in your own work, but there are others writing here that do not measure up to your standards.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
3 minutes ago, littlebopeeper said:

You have managed this issue very well in your own work, but there are others writing here that do not measure up to your standards.   

That is always a delicate line when writing stories, especially with a kink genre.  The best thing for an author to do in that case is to ignore the 'suggestions' and write the story that they intended.  The fortunate thing is that if the story goes to far, but stays within the guidelines of the board is to just stop reading the story.  This isn't HS, so nobody is making you read a story that you don't want to read.  HS teachers are the worst😁

For me, I start losing interest in a story when the protagonist is regressed to infancy, or even pre-toddler stage.   I don't mind if the character is temporarily regressed to an infantile stage, but not if they are permanent

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, spark said:

That is always a delicate line when writing stories, especially with a kink genre.  The best thing for an author to do in that case is to ignore the 'suggestions' and write the story that they intended.  The fortunate thing is that if the story goes to far, but stays within the guidelines of the board is to just stop reading the story.  This isn't HS, so nobody is making you read a story that you don't want to read.  HS teachers are the worst😁

For me, I start losing interest in a story when the protagonist is regressed to infancy, or even pre-toddler stage.   I don't mind if the character is temporarily regressed to an infantile stage, but not if they are permanent

I’m not really proud to admit this, but what happened to me ruined my entire life, I don’t function at a normal level. I had so much I wanted to do and be, and the people closest to me took it all away. Now here I am 40 on SSI suffering the consequences of the emotional and mental damage the people closest to me caused. Beyond that, I don’t care if people write stories, I just hate when the suffering is perm and the character has no way out. Remember an 18yo can say no, a child cannot, and keep in mind you never rly get over abuse. Regardless if story bothers me I just don’t read it 🙂 

• Thanks 1