LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena Vs Molicare

I know they are both supposed to be some of the best but I have a clear winner, I ordered a package of both abena L4's and molicare super plus size large and tired them both. While the molicares did better than most, the abenas blew everthing out of the water, Molicares leaked while I slept, stretched out over time and became loose, and the inner absorbent came loose and fell to the center of the diaper. The L4's held up amazingly and I will choose them always from now on. Does anyone have any opinions about these two that differs from me?

Yep, xpmedical still carries plastic backed ones through a special arrangement they have with the production company. You can get the cloth-backed if you wish also, but I, like so many others, love the plastic-backed...and I agree with the original statement - Abenas blow Molicares away, IMO. I tried the Dry 24/7's, and while they were nice and thick, they didn't fit me as well as Abenas...I'm a BIG baby...I'm sure if I could lose a little weight and a few inches, the Dry 24/7's might give Abena's a run for their money, but I've also heard numerous stories of pin-sized holes in Dry 24/7 and additional leaking issues. I'm staying with what works for me.

I myself lean to Molicares for one simple thing, Fit. Abenas have the European cut especially in the legs and they are just to snug compared to Molicares. They actually cut hard into my upper thighs. I had to cut the plastic away up to the elastics, Then carefully stretch them out, so I could wear them. No other small I have tried has this problem. Although Bambino small are pretty close to this fit, I can wear them comfortably, but they are snug and leave marks by the end of the day.

Molicares do tend to clump sometimes depends on what you are doing and how you wet them, but it doesn't seem to distract away from functionality for me. When they get like that it's about time for a change anyway. ;)

Fergstar. I'm a big guy too and dry 24/7's work good for me fitting wise. I'm willing to bet I'm bigger than you too :P

I recently ordered a sample of 4 Moli's and while I did like them I agree that the Abena's were the superior product as far as fitting goes. The Abena's fit me quite well whereas the Moli's did tend to stretch more and loosen over time. Nothing a good pair of plastic pants wouldn't eliminate though.....

Still waiting on the Bellisimos to see how they perform.....

I'm of the same opinion - even the current Abenas seem to absorb more, have more durable plastic and are less likely to clump. That said, I do like Molicares and wear them occasionally for varieties sake. Both are good diapers. :thumbsup:

If you try Dry 24/7, make sure you get a sample pack - the mediums are really more of a large by everyone else's sizing. I would assume then that their large is more of a x-large. Personally, I've found the plastic on them to be too easy to rip, though that may be because I have to put them on very tight to make the "medium" fit me.

drynot - I'm 6'2, and generally wear size 56 - 60 pants depending on the cut...wanna throw your weight around? lol

Ah....yea we're probably close then. I'm a bit shorter...but....yea.....same pant size......

Ridiculous isn't it. :)

Oh well......another day in paradise I suppose. I'm just happy as a big guy I can find, wear, and enjoy diapers that don't say bariatric on them.....

• 2 weeks later...