LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Attends Customer Service - Getting Worse Apparently

So a while back the wife and I were planning a trip down to visit some friends and see a concert. Since we'd be staying with folks who don't know about my wetting I wanted to try to stay as stealthy as possible with my diapers. Normally I wear plastic backed, and a pair of rubber/vinyl pants over that "just in case". But for this, I figured I'd get one of the "breathable" diapers to keep the noise level down to a minimum. Having been an old fan of Attends (pre-Paperpak days) and knowing that they've now been under a new parent company for a while, I figured I'd give them a try.

Hopped on the Attends website and went through their little, automatic "Find the right product for you and get a free sample" thing to try and get some of their Overnight breathables - supposedly their most absorbant product now. First, I have to say, that little "automatic" tool seems to be put together by people who don't understand all forms of incontinence. I know how much I can wet overnight. I know what capacity is good for me. However, trying to get that little applet to come out with their highest absorbancy diaper by answering the questions remotely honestly.... was impossible. I had to tell it that I was severly fecally incontinent and was bedridden with someone else available to change my diaper. Otherwise, it would point me to some of their "absorbant underwear" 90% of the time.

At any rate, I finally got it to spit out the right answer (It has to do this for you to "qualify" for the sample) and submitted it for them to process. It was about 2-2.5 weeks prior to our trip so I figured I might just get the samples in time and would be able to wear them, thereby obviating the need to go out and buy a whole bag or case of said "quiet diapers" which I'd probably not need any more of for a long time.

You guessed it, they didn't arrive in time. So, in the meantime I went to a local med supply store and picked up some of the Tena Supers they had. Man, did I get screwed on those. They aren't a bad diaper, if you like green, but the med supply store was charging an arm and a leg for them. I think they ended up being something like $2.50 per diaper when all was said and done. Sheesh!

So, trip goes fine, no leaks, thank goodness. Meanwhile, back at the ranch... no samples. For a while I kind of freak out in my head...wondering if I put the address in incorrectly and they ended up at the neighbors' house with my name on them, or anything else. I toy with the idea of contacting them and cancelling the samples, but I'd already deleted the email confirmation of the sample and I had no "order number" to reference, etc. Eventually I forgot about the samples.

Fast forward to last week. About 9 weeks after I put in the request for the samples. A single sample shows up in the mail. I laughed quite a bit, but figured what the hell, I at least have to try the thing, as I'd never actually tried that "model" before. So, strapped the pale peach/pink diaper on (why can't everyone just make diapers white, like they "should" be? :) ) and went to sleep that night. By the way, they are cut nearly identically to the Attends with Waistband, just w/o a waistband and 4 "velcro" tapes instead of 6 sticky ones. Woke up essentially dry (I don't wet every night) so I decided to give it a bit of a manual test while I was awake. I didn't exactly flood it, and it held up just fine. Took it off immediately afterwards, as I had to get up and get on with my day. In looking at it, the urine seemed well contained in the crotch, although some of the padding up near the waist of the diaper had already shifted around.

All in all, getting the sample was much more work than it was worth, even for free, and in the end the diaper really wasn't worth anywhere what they charge for it. So, as far as I can tell, Attends hasn't changed (for the better, at least) as a company in the last year or so since I've tried any of their products.

Perhaps I should drop them a msg and tell them what I thought about the whole thing....but having given them feedback on multiple occasions throughout the years I am pretty sure the only response I'd get would be the same as I've gotten in the past - a coupon $$ off more of their bad products. :(

I've considered contacting Attends about the deficiencies in their products, since moogs and I are both incontinent and wear 24/7 and now both use Attends because that's what we can get paid for through insurance.

I've never tried their maximum absorbancy diapers, because I have a severe distaste for cloth backing. I've talked to a couple of CNAs, and they said that basically, they're required to change a patient as soon as they notice they've used the diaper. For bedridden patients, plastic backed doesn't catch like clothbacked does on bedsheets.

Another issue I've noticed with the Waistband diapers that you tend to allude to with their high-end product, which leads me to believe that it's a problem throughout their entire portfolio is that the fluff of the diaper isn't as tightly woven as some more expensive diapers, and so it tends to clump and sag easily.

Web site sucks. If you call their toll free number, they'd have got it right out to you.

I use the Extended wear (which is the middle range) breathables. They work well for me, absorbant enough without being thick. I baked these off against a few other ones (notably the tranquility slimline breathables that I was not impressed with).

It is the old thing about trying to be all things to all people. The further away from the forest that you get, the less you see the trees. However it is a fact of existence that the forest is made up of the individual triees whein, of necessity exist apart from , and before the forest. Consequently the furhter back you get to enlarge the view, the more generica you get. Hende, a telescope and a microscope are twe different instruemtns. This is the bane of large corporations, banks and the Federal Government. It would be better for attends to have, if not free samples that you have to wait 9 weeks for, locally distributed "sample packs" that have 5 ite4ms for $.US2.50. When you try to be all things to all people, you end up being nothig to nobody. I made the mistake of signing up for the Rite-Aid automated prescription refill. The robo-calls were out if synch 8 times out of 10 and I had to initiatie the refill process myself to be sure it was ingaged when I need it. The local branch of the Southeast Regional Transit Authorities "Demand Response Vehicle" (door to dorr transit service for those who can not drive) is a joke,. You have to call a week i advanc, you have to specifiy in advance the timee that you will be picked up for the return trip with very little room for error, it has a range of about 30 miles, only operates from 7 AM to about 6 PM and ithey charge full bus fare rather than the4 reduced proce for those who qualify. Consequently, when I go grocry shopping I use my large backpack and walk the 2-1/2 miles each way to the nearest supermarket: I can do it and it's less hassle and I know it gets done the way I need it

They must be aware as to how inferior their product is when compared to other high end diapers. I realise its kinda like comparing a BMW to...oh I don't know....maybe a horse and buggy but if they upgraded their main line even a little bit then Attends would be much, much better.

I'm sure glad we have better diapers out there to buy.......

It is the old thing about trying to be all things to all people. The further away from the forest that you get, the less you see the trees. However it is a fact of existence that the forest is made up of the individual triees whein, of necessity exist apart from , and before the forest. Consequently the furhter back you get to enlarge the view, the more generica you get. Hende, a telescope and a microscope are twe different instruemtns. This is the bane of large corporations, banks and the Federal Government. It would be better for attends to have, if not free samples that you have to wait 9 weeks for, locally distributed "sample packs" that have 5 ite4ms for $.US2.50. When you try to be all things to all people, you end up being nothig to nobody. I made the mistake of signing up for the Rite-Aid automated prescription refill. The robo-calls were out if synch 8 times out of 10 and I had to initiatie the refill process myself to be sure it was ingaged when I need it. The local branch of the Southeast Regional Transit Authorities "Demand Response Vehicle" (door to dorr transit service for those who can not drive) is a joke,. You have to call a week i advanc, you have to specifiy in advance the timee that you will be picked up for the return trip with very little room for error, it has a range of about 30 miles, only operates from 7 AM to about 6 PM and ithey charge full bus fare rather than the4 reduced proce for those who qualify. Consequently, when I go grocry shopping I use my large backpack and walk the 2-1/2 miles each way to the nearest supermarket: I can do it and it's less hassle and I know it gets done the way I need it

I don't know what the fuck you're saying, but it doesn't seem to make sense or be on topic.

Attends could make a better product, they just don't want to.

If you could read, you would know that It was a comment on large entities trying to manage their businesses through remote, automated processes and their results

They must be aware as to how inferior their product is when compared to other high end diapers.

I think either they are in denial or the feedback I was giving wasn't making it past the woman (Gloria?) who was fielding my phone calls back when I'd call them every now and then. I would tell her about problems with the tapes, how the padding was shifting, etc and she would say they have never changed a single thing about their product. (this was in reference to their waistband style diaper at the time) She would apologize perfunctorily for the "trouble you are having" and offer a coupon, but couldn't seem to get it through her head I didn't want to buy more of the same, defective product, but that I was trying to help them improve their existing (or perhaps just go back to the old) product.

Honestly, at this point I start to doubt my memory on the old P&G made Attends. Were they really that much better than the Paperpak version or am I just nostalgic for the diaper I was using at the time and most other products have gotten better while they've just stayed the same?