LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Most Embaressing Moment Ever! (Office Max Fail!)

Before I tell you what happened I need to explain some stuff before hand.

Last month I saw the buy one get one half Off on Abu sdk's and even though they where on pre order I decided to order half a case worth. Since I live at home (I'm 19) fed ex will allow you to ship to office max and they will hold it for you.

Now I recieved an email on Tuesday stating that they were sent and would be there on Friday. There is was a problem however though in that I would be gone until late Saturday because I was going up to my older sisters wedding. So I called and they said it would be no problem for them to hold it till Sunday when I could pick them up.

Now fast forward to this morning...

I walk into office max and go to the fed ex counter to pick up my package and told the cashier that I had a fed ex package that was in that I needed to pick up. She couldn't find it anywhere and asked what the contents where and I just told her the weight of the Package and then she got on the phone and talked for a minute and then giggled.

Now both the asking of what the contents were and her giggle should have sent up red flags but I was to busy planning out what the rest of my errands.

She walked to the front of the store pulled up a package and to my horror the package had been opened!

She looked up at me in and I have never seen anyone holding back a smile/laugh as hard as she replaced the papers In the box including a full page ab girl dressed in their ab shirt offering a 10% Off on there "baby clothing"

She looked at me and said " are these your diapers?" at this point every part of my body was sceaming to run and I quickly decided that the game was up so the best thing to do was admit they were mine and quickly get out of the store. All I could croak out was "yep" as I started cursing myself for buying ab printed diapers atleast if they were plain I could have said they were grandparents But the baby bears where clearly showing.

She handed me my package and my ID and I did not stop to ask why they were opened nor did she stop to ask me identity questions (normaly they pull up there computers and confirm that I'm the person who ordered them)

All I could do was grab diapers and my ID and walked (not run) out of the store with my dignity in ashes.

What mortified me the most was that they had been sitting there for 2 days probably opened while everyone laughed and wondered what freak would order this. I'm sure I've become the laughing stalk of OfficeMax and the story of the month if not of the year.

What angers me the most was that they were opened. Isn't it illegal to open someone's mail?! I feel like calling and complaining to fed ex but I'd rather not have to explain the them why I'm buying diapers with baby printing...

• Like 1

Well, unfortunately, FedEx is not the USPS, which is federally subsidized. The problem you have is probably unethical though I don't know if there is a prosecutable event.

It will not hurt to call and complain to FedEx. It may not help either but it will help you to feel better.

I cannot imagine the embarrassment you felt since I'm older, buy my diapers in the store and make no excuses. At my age, they don't really care, nor do I.

This fits with the "Looks the Cashier Gives You" thread, too. When buying or picking up diapers in person, have one or two good replies in the back of your mind in case you encounter an idiot at the cash register. Most cashiers do just fine and don't care and won't give it any more thought than someone buying tampons or condoms - or toothpaste for that matter.

But if the cashier is inappropriate, first of all it's none of their business, and second it's their job to make the customer happy, not uncomfortable with your shopping experience there. (Whoever owns/manages the store will gladly sell you all the diapers you want, and won't think much of an employee who puts that at risk.)

The question for you, though, is how much of an issue you want to make of it.

Possible replies?

Look the cashier right in the eye and say firmly, "Yes."

Look the cashier right in the eye and say firmly, "Yes. Why do you ask?"

Say "That's none of your business."

Say "That's none of your business, and your question is really inappropriate."

Say "Yep. Turns out that they work really great for polishing brass."

Say "Yep. Turns out that they work really great for keeping my pee off the floor."

Say "What diapers?"

Say "My [relative] has [some medical condition] and now needs them." (I can truthfully say that my dad had prostate cancer and now needs them, without revealing the fact that I'm not buying them for him.)

Point to some oblivious other customer standing near the entrance and say, "My friend over there needs them because of an infection, but he's too uncomfortable buying them himself."

Say, "No, they're for my wife." Followed by either "She really likes to be babied." or "She has really heavy periods." (a female cashier might appreciate this second one; a male one might regret having asked, although he might appreciate the first followup)

If the cashier is clearly making fun of the situation or laughing about it, say "Since you think this is funny, get your manager over here to finish ringing up my order." And make them do it.

Whatever your choice, say it confidently. After all, you're not doing anything wrong by buying diapers, and that's the attitude you need to convey in these situations, no matter how embarrassed you might feel on the inside.

• Like 1

BoTox I would like to order from USPS or ups since everyone but abuniverse uses them but they will not hold packages and only ship to your house but I came out to my parents about the enjoyment of diapers and spent two years in talking to a psychiatrist And I don't wear diapers enough or made enough (7.25/h) to afford a box so now I have no way of getting online diapers.

DavidMW thanks and I could have quickly rebuttaled any of those and have when buying store bought diapers but these where clearly ab diapers with blue plastic pants and the abuniverse coupons made it clear that they where not for someone who is incontent

I would contact the local police, I've found threads on other sites stating that opening other person's mail (including parcels delivered by FedEx/UPS) is a crime. If your local police agency won't make an arrest, contact the Post Office to see if they have the power to enforce the law.

I would ignore what was in the package, because if they did it to you, chances are they've done it to others.

Is it wrong that I can't stop laughing?

Seriously though, about your only recourse would be to complain to OfficeMax corporate about your package being opened and your "sensitive" purchase being made fun of by the employees. Might get a gift card out of it or something.

I would contact the local police, I've found threads on other sites stating that opening other person's mail (including parcels delivered by FedEx/UPS) is a crime. If your local police agency won't make an arrest, contact the Post Office to see if they have the power to enforce the law.

I would ignore what was in the package, because if they did it to you, chances are they've done it to others.

I have been around the law enforcement business for a long time now, and I can tell you that there is no crime here. Sorry you were embarrassed, but no crime here. Move forward and use it as a lesson for the future.

SoakedinTexas

Ok so I called office max and the guy was really helpful and this should not have happened and he will be contacting the manager to see why this happened that the "medical supplies" I ordered had been opened.

Also there are two office maxs that are within the same driving distance and he said he would personally contact the store manager at the other one and make sure I received the privacy I deserve for when I decide to order another shipment of medical supplies.

You did the right thing by admitting they were yours. The one way that the "vanilla" world understands us and usually feels the need to accept us is if they think we have a medical issue. You just said "yep", but could have followed by stating this brand is the best at managing your condition. At this point, if she was teasing you, she would probably be embarassed that she teased someone with a medical condition.

Of course I know that you don't have a medical need and this rouse only works with people who don't know your family and never will. Since you are still at home, I'm guessing this store is close enough and other family members show up there. Stating a medical need and having it get back to your family is not something you need to deal with, so use that response with judgement.

Just wanted you to know that despite your embarassment, you answered the question correctly and it will get easier to do the same as time goes on.

Honu thanks and I thought of saying that later thankfully there are two office Max nearby and I went with the farther one incase the employees at the store found out (if I was a meme I would be parioniod parrot) which is a good 20-30 minutes so I doubt it would get back to them

I will give them a second chance at the closer store IF customer service passes on the note about my privacy and blah blah blah

I am sure that was embarrassing! One time I bought some diapers from the store when I was going to college and locked my keys in the car! I had to call my parents to bring me the extra set of keys. I tried to figure out how to hide them before they got there and had no luck. I had to go back in the store and return them. I was so nervous and embarrassed!

beallucanb had it right....or you could have just said something about a Halloween costume thing you were working on *shrug* I like the previous answer though:

"Damn I wanted the other print....grumble grumble grumble" Etc..

Confuse the hell out of the girl! LOL

Ok so I called office max and the guy was really helpful and this should not have happened and he will be contacting the manager to see why this happened that the "medical supplies" I ordered had been opened.

Also there are two office maxs that are within the same driving distance and he said he would personally contact the store manager at the other one and make sure I received the privacy I deserve for when I decide to order another shipment of medical supplies.

I've had similar situations wth customer service at places I've shopped, weather they are stores or restaraunts. None had to do with diapers but I think you did the right thing. When I've had a problem and haven't gotten anywhere with people at the store, I go on line to the corporate website, hit the "CONTACT US" macro and write down my experience an just what I think about it. Sure, I could go to the store manager, but I take the attitude, "Who is it that trains and manages the employees of that store in the first place? If the employees act that way, it's often a reflection of the manager and shows how little they care. Going to corporate will often bring down a specific amount of wrath upon the store manager from the district manager, who probably rose to that position himself by doing the right things. Corporations are always afraid of bad publicity and lawsuits. Yes, it all depends on how much you personally want to get into it, and also the chances you may become more exposed with the diapers and fetish to other people. You have a shared family computer and that may increse the chances of your fetish being expose to family and people you don't want to know. Since you already admitted to the girl behind the counter that they were your diapers, I would figure the damage ws already done with that store, and since you don't personally know people at the corprate level, I'd explain the entire situation and how you felt humiliated, it was none of their business, they were asking peronal questions and laughing about it. Be angry about it! State to corporate just how bad you feel the situation was, ask them if it's their company policy to treat their cusomers that way and ask if they themselves feel it was correct behavior! Put the pressure on them! Usuallythe last thing I say in an email to a corporation is, "The ball is in your court now. Tell me why I and my friends and family should continue to shop at your stores." The thing is, often now day there is no sensativity training or real customer service training being done, especially among younger workers. By going to the corpoate level, it will filter down to store managers and employees from a higher up authority and may save this emparessment from happening to other customers, along with putting a little fear of losing their jobs into some people. Believe me, from the responses I've recieved from mangers and corporate customer service, it will take some of the starch out of their attitudes! I also don't mind the free gift cards that have been given me to help make up for the bad (and just plain wrong) experiences I've had.

I have been around the law enforcement business for a long time now, and I can tell you that there is no crime here. Sorry you were embarrassed, but no crime here. Move forward and use it as a lesson for the future.

SoakedinTexas

We may or may not be on the same wave lenght here. It is a FACT that opening USPS mail addressed to another is a FEDERAL felony, be it by parents/siblings in the same house or the heighbor down the street that accidently received it.

The problem we have here is what if any, laws apply to second or third parties opening packages for/at other than USPS addressees.

Soaked in TX, nothing personal,* you may be right, but "having been around the law enforcement business for a long time" as I have been too, does not make you or me an expert on all federal, state, and local laws. If the OP wishes to persue it, they should.

*If you are an officer, congrats & thanks, me. I've just been around too long. lol

dlcupcakepants, think of yourself as a props buyer for a film studio or theatre. That will give you the detachment to the actual item that NOTHING ever can embarrass you (if it's outside your friends and family). At this point a very normal reaction would have been to call the manager over to check the contents of the delivery and at the same time drop the bombshell on the giggling person. Even better if the manager wasn't in: ask when he is in, write down the name of the giggler and tell them to hold the package until someone mature enough can check for damages and quantity. Let her/him simmer a bit. When talking to the manager, make it a business issue, nothing personally embarrassing, but ask if all packages that could contain entertaining materials get accidentally opened and how many items might get "lost" during this process...

You're honestly playing this cooler than I ever would have...Although for the actual situation with Office Max, probably very similar to what I would have- except I would have ended with a "Yes, thanks for announcing it to everyone here though". It would have let any sensible person feel a bit of guilt. That's all I could see myself saying on the spot, as we all could think of better answers after the fact.

If you're truely not that taken aback from the situation... that's good- possibly a gift, and a sense of where to head career-wise... if you do feel violated, humilated, embarassed- you should! Your privacy was invaded, and then shared with others!

Take the advice above and write corporate. Tell them as little, or as much as you want about the materials in the package..Personally, I'd include that they were diapers. Up to you to add that they were fetish-related... Probably a sub-disscussion, but I can see it going one of two ways. 1) They see you as a freak, and it takes away from the seriousness/sevarity of the e-mail... 2) They realize that it's a niche community, and run the chance of the issue you have spreading all over the internet because of the fact that it's a niche/fetish.

But make sure to include as much as you can about your feelings about the situation, about how it made you feel while in-store and afterwards. Include the store number, cashier name/profile and anyone else working. Ask them if this is normal (pacakges being opened/rummaged through, then dissussed with customers while laughing at them).... Feel free to tell them that it will not only affect your business with them, but you have an online presence that you have shared the experience with. Remember, this is your chance to make an impact for yourself and others. I'm sure they (corporate officials) had the same crack-down with cashiers at drug stores years ago over adult diapers.

Make sure to take your time while composing it, make sure you give the right attitude/feel to the email (you're the customer, the reason they're in business), you can be angry- make sure it sounds that way- just not beligerant... Think about what you want them to know about what happened, write it, read it over, save it, think about it, then come back and edit it.

Personally, I would be completely shocked, and really- scared to order online again.... and you shouldn't be- you're the consumer. Never through them, that's for sure. Even if it was the only gig in town.