LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ok, New Catheter Modifcation Topic.

Ok, I had posted elsewhere my idea to insert a plastic bead into a catheter. The idea is for the bead to keep the cath from dropping out on its own. But I still want to be able to remove it when I want to.

My supplies.

1 intermittent 14fr catheter

1 plastic bead with the center drill oversize for better flow

1 stainless steel rod

1 small syringe to insert lube into the catheter

Surgilube

And pictures

gallery_31342_1539_191631.jpg

And 4 is a close up of the contraption.

After making this and cleaning it I tried to insert it into the end of my penis. Takes lube and some time not to hurt myself.

I have not inserted it all the way into my bladder. Because I am scared to. :unsure:

sml_gallery_31342_1539_82176.jpg

Now what? :lol:

And the usual.

Don't try this at home. Do this at your own risk. I am not responsible for you getting a rubber tube stuck in your bladder. In fact, don't even think about trying this. Nothing to see here. Move along.

I think the idea is with two beads, one to prevent the cath from leaving the bladder and one bead to prevent the catheter from going fully into the bladder you create a "stent" like catheter that needs to external tubing outside of the body. This would be a simulation of what it's like to be incontinent more closely than having tubing hanging outside of the penis.

Why not just use a foley?

This idea was to have a catheter that would stay in without the extra complexity of a Foley. No balloon to inflate or deflate. Only one tube (port?) to deal with.

This is just an idea. I don't know if it is a good idea or a bad idea. Its just an idea...

Here is a quick update on my insanity. I Inserted the modified catheter to see what would happen. The result is that with the catheter inserted I end up with a constant drip of urine instead of a stream of urine. Perhaps I will make the hole in the bead a bit larger with the next catheter for better drainage. And second, the catheter requires a gentle pull to remove it. I do not think it will slip out on its own. I think that this will work.

Has anyone ever got their paws on a Malecot catheter?

To me this would seem to be quite the perfect solution: cut it short, attach a retrieval cord to the end and insert with the stylet while keeping the tension with the retrieval cord. Have something on the end of the cord so that the catheter can't slip into the bladder completely (like it happened to InD). The Malecot head should collapse if you pull on the cord to get it out again; if not, you'd have to fiddle with the stylet to hit the cut-off end...

I'd try, but I can't find a place selling them. are they completely off the market?

Ok, looks like I have strike one, at least for daytime use. Slipped the modified catheter in this morning to try it out and went off to do some chores. The catheter slipped out less than 1 hour later while I was working in the yard. Oh well.. More experimentation is needed...

My own experience (see the 'other' thread) is that the 'bulb' at the bladder end of the cath needs to be pretty big to stop it slipping out - after all the purpose of the thing is to get rid of stuff rather than the other way around. The urethra though seems to be pretty stretchy - it's not a rigid tube like you'd imagine so can accommodate wider objects than you'd expect once they're past the outer entrance. As always, play carefully - cathing of any sort should be done wisely, cleanly and safely ...

My own experience (see the 'other' thread) is that the 'bulb' at the bladder end of the cath needs to be pretty big to stop it slipping out - after all the purpose of the thing is to get rid of stuff rather than the other way around. The urethra though seems to be pretty stretchy - it's not a rigid tube like you'd imagine so can accommodate wider objects than you'd expect once they're past the outer entrance. As always, play carefully - cathing of any sort should be done wisely, cleanly and safely ...

MultiQuote

Agreed completely. If you can get it past the open of your urethra then it will easily pass through the bladder too. I've never had a problem getting large 24fr catheters into my bladder. The challenge is always at the opening.

I have modified a catheter but cutting off the end and putting sugru at the cut end to smooth out the sharpness on the cut. I didn't put a blub at the other end because I was having a hard time getting it through the sphincter muscle. I think I have the length at the right size so it ends right at the base of the shaft when inserted. I haven't had trouble with it slipping out unless I really push when peeing.it seems to stay in place at the base of the shaft because I think the pressure of when it ends at the base.I can remove it easily because I can feel the end at the base and can grip it through my skin because of the sugru. Also if I push it out like I am forcing pee out it will move out a little to grip easier.I have had really good success with this. I have just worn it for 12 hours and slept with it with only a little discomfort when I woke up from soreness from the end of the stent. I an wetting with it dribbling out but if I sit or lay down it will not empty completely until I stand up. It will still dribble a little though.

I've been using catheters for a few years myself and HATED having a long tube hanging out of my private Girl parts. First off it felt more like being a boy because the catheter would not leak into the diaper the same way I do naturally or it would kink shut. My solution was to shorten the Foley catheter but how to do it and still be able to inflate the balloon to keep it in place? I had tried just cutting it and inflating the balloon with a syringe full of water then using a piece of rice or pasta to block the tubing but this was too hard to predict when the rice/pasta would come out. A few times I had the shortened catheter ride up inside of me and it remained LOST for several days until I was able to pee it out again. SCARY.

Ultimately I found that if I cut out the Middle of the catheter and reconnect to the working ends, I could get the best of both worlds. A Shortened catheter that still had the balloon intact so that I could inflate/deflate when I wanted to. The only problem was how to keep the flow through both tubes.

I removed the ink cartridge for a ball point pen (Bic) and the Wire insulation from some copper wire. These were the right sizes to fit in the holes of the cut catheter ends. I cut a small piece off of the ink cartridge and inserted it into the larger of the two holes of the catheter then did the same with the wire insulation and the smaller hole. Now all I had to do was marry the two cut ends together using the plastic tube and insulation to bridge the gap. I squeezed the ends together and VIOLA! I had a working shortened catheter. I can insert it, inflate it and start dripping away and if feels so natural. I can feel it leaking past my girl parts yet I am helpless to being able to make it stop without a trip to the bathroom to remove it. I must say, it is an awesome feeling! Here is a picture of my work in progress.

.169245_view_500.jpg?t=5061fc04249e1169247_view_500.jpg?t=5061fc8f4aca6169249_view_500.jpg?t=5061fcbacfb70

• Like 1

i have lost mine a couple times because i was being stupid while experimenting. my "tubie" is currently a 16fr silicone intermittent catheter, cut and beveled smoothly at the point where urine begins coming through, and then run through with strong teflon dental floss and a clothes button that allows for retrieval so the beveled end sits at the base of my penis. my bad experiment was using a dremel tool to make the button an oval that would fit and stay just inside the tip of my penis. guess what - it won't stay! eventually i would have a complete tube in my bladder, and a oval button on a string. the first time it was gone for about an hour and came out again by itself. the second time was for half a day! i drank tons of water and waited until i had a very full bladder and became semi-rigid and urinated with force, and it came out like a weird alien snake.

internet research has taught me that (1) doctors have studied and even published academic papers on foreign objects in the bladder, (2) it's usually sexual, (3) they will do anything possible to extract it through your urethra, and (4) you're gonna get a psych appointment to help prevet a reoccurrence. yowza, no thanks!

my bad experiment was using a dremel tool to make the button an oval that would fit and stay just inside the tip of my penis. guess what - it won't stay! eventually i would have a complete tube in my bladder, and a oval button on a string.

I don't quite get what happened, can you elaborate? Did the retrieval string break or rip out of the catheter?

I don't quite get what happened, can you elaborate? Did the retrieval string break or rip out of the catheter?

nah, my retrieval string idea is pretty solid. teflon dental floss (like glide brand, the plain kind not the mint of course) is very strong and thin and not absorbent or prone to pull apart when wet. i run it all the way out one eye of the catheter and in another eye, so two strings are sticking out the end. i let a few more inches of the floss stay running, and then i tie a button to the floss forming a loop. (or more precisely, i tie a triple-knot in each of the two strands, then i put the button on, then i tie a triple-square-knot on the other side of the button.) then i pull on it to make sure it won't come loose.

where i messed up is in trying to solve the issue that hey, there's something hanging out of me. that isn't desirable if i get in a car accident, or go through the nudie scanner at the airport, or shower at the gym, or maybe other reasons. it's just an obvious pull cord. so i thought i would make the button fit inside just a little bit, so i could get it out again with a little effort. but it doesn't stay just inside. it goes way, way inside. i'm glad it didn't go much further because the whole thing could get bunched up and stop up the bladder neck. and that would be quite ironic, because accidental continence is just not what i was going for.

like i said, it was a bad experiment and is not recommended.

internet research has taught me that (1) doctors have studied and even published academic papers on foreign objects in the bladder, (2) it's usually sexual, (3) they will do anything possible to extract it through your urethra, and (4) you're gonna get a psych appointment to help prevet a reoccurrence. yowza, no thanks!

Docs have seen it all. I mentioned going through this before. However absolutely no psych visit was required (or even mentioned). Never once did the Docs try to make me feel bad or such. I did that on my own ;-)

i have lost mine a couple times because i was being stupid while experimenting. my "tubie" is currently a 16fr silicone intermittent catheter, cut and beveled smoothly at the point where urine begins coming through, and then run through with strong teflon dental floss and a clothes button that allows for retrieval so the beveled end sits at the base of my penis. my bad experiment was using a dremel tool to make the button an oval that would fit and stay just inside the tip of my penis. guess what - it won't stay! eventually i would have a complete tube in my bladder, and a oval button on a string. the first time it was gone for about an hour and came out again by itself. the second time was for half a day! i drank tons of water and waited until i had a very full bladder and became semi-rigid and urinated with force, and it came out like a weird alien snake.

What prevents the intermittent catheter from just sliding out of the bladder when you are wearing this longer term?

What prevents the intermittent catheter from just sliding out of the bladder when you are wearing this longer term?

it slides out sometimes, but not always. as far as i can tell it's held in by the penile tissue it has been inserted past, and by the way the tube is positioned in the bladder.

if i put in the tubie while my bladder is empty it gets pushed back out by the bladder wall. for best results i wait until my bladder is full, then i insert the tubie all the way to the button so it curves aroud inside my bladder, then i prevent the tubie from coming out by putting my finger at the base of my penis (i can feel the beveled end through it), then i release most of my urine slowly. when i'm done i'm mostly empty but still i continue to leak, and the works stays in place pretty well.

an unexpected additional benefit is that i leak unpredictably because the catheter's tip is not right at the bottom of my bladder. once the fluid level reaches the catheter's openings, urine comes out in quantity and not as a constant drip.

Okay, this is gonna sound really weird but I recall reading about a 'body modification' that results in an opening into the urethra just at the base of the penis. Allegedly a similar technique was used by some aboriginal tribes to prevent pregnancy (as the semen would be expelled through this hole, rather than the tip of the penis).

Not that I'm particularly partial to the idea of ANYTHING surgical there, but some people are ok with it. I was wondering if a short cath like one of the mods here, with the string exiting through such a 'urethral reroute' would be effective?

lol, I know. Weird. The article suggested the use of small rare earth magnets to create a pinch in the desired area, strong enough to eventually cut through the tissue but not enough to cause excruciating pain. Supposedly it's not all that uncomfortable, and to pee normally one just holds a finger over the new hole.

idk why this came to mind though.