LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Minor Catastrophies Averted Today.

Diaperfox792

Ok, today was the day I was gong to try and wear diapers all day long without anyone around me noticing. I had made up my mind last night to try it. A little background for those of you who haven't read all my posts: I live with my parents and until now, never had the courage to wear my diapers around them for fear of discovery. I've worn at work before but only in the afternoons when I knew I was going straight over to my DL-aware friend's house.

So, got up this morning after a night in an Abena M4 with their abri-let maxi booster in it. Braved going downstairs in my diaper (under nightgown) and doing my normal morning stuff since normally my parents (who are retired) do not get up until after I've left for work. So far, so good. I changed into an Abena Air-plus with abri-let maxi booster and just before it was time to go to work I went back downstairs to browse the DailyDiapers forum for a few moments before I left. At this point, Mom decides to get up and come out to the kitchen for some coffee... GAH! Stay cool, I said to myself. She won't notice. I took my own advice and made it out of the house with her not noticing a thing. Yay! I was wearing a size too large pair of jeans with a long t-shirt and x-large sweatshirt over it so I was covered.

Work went well first thing and I felt confident that my diaper could get me through to lunch time when I intended to change in the work bathroom before going home for lunch. *sigh* I went, and I went, and went, three or four times in my diaper while I sat and worked. So far so good, no leaks. I got up a bunch of times to walk across the department for various things and no one screamed out, "She's got a diaper on!" Still I felt dry and confident.

Then, about fifteen minutes to my lunch time arrives and I decide it's now or never to go change in the bathroom. The diaper was getting a little heavy, and the wet had wicked up the back of the booster. I stood up and felt my seat and GODDAMNIT! I had leaked! Ticked me off really because I had made a conscious effort not to flood the diaper. I had also trusted the booster pad to be like an added catch-all. Nope. Luckily, the leak was a tiny one, just around the middle of the crotch line of my pants. I took off the diaper and bagged it in a waiting kitchen trash bag from my purse, struggled to get the huge soaking bundle back into my overloaded purse, all while trying to be as descrete as possible in a busy-as-Grand-Central bathroom! I'd spent so long in there I didn't dare try fiddling to put on my fresh diaper.

My panties and jeans were almost dry by the time I got to my car but still damp-ish. Decided to change at home. Luckily I have an identical pair of jeans to the ones I was wearing. I went upstairs and took off the damps, put on the drys, ate a quick lunch, and dashed back to work. Mom and pop didn't notice anything weird. (Thank God for long shirts!)

My confidence is shattered though. I deliberately chose the thick air-plusses by Abena for their descreteness and also they seem as thick as the regular M4s. I really don't think I could get away with a plastic-backed diaper even if it would help with the leakage and even though I LOVE my M4s.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? I don't mind trying this again at some point as it is my goal to spend some quality 24/7 time with my diapers in the near future. I just don't want another near-disaster again and I kind of don't want to wear plastic pants over my diapers because I don't like being too hot. Maybe someone has had better success with a different cloth-type-backed disposable?

I'd like to only have to change once or twice at work so I would need a diaper that could last me about four and a half hours without a change.

I'd guess you were very nervous and nervous energy tends to increase the kidney output. I would be willing to bet that you wouldn't have a problem tomorrow since the sponge (your body) has been squeezed dry of most of the excess fluids.

Also, I'd suggest that you try using the Abena Abri-Fix Soft Cotton Fixing Pants to hold the diaper in place and close to your body. I don't have any experience with the capabilities of women's panties, but I'd guess that they probably aren't designed to keep a diaper in place. The Abena pants are available from XP Medical (www.xpmedical.com).

I use the Abena disposables without the insert and usually only need to change every 4-6 hours.

I'd guess you were very nervous and nervous energy tends to increase the kidney output. I would be willing to bet that you wouldn't have a problem tomorrow since the sponge (your body) has been squeezed dry of most of the excess fluids.

Also, I'd suggest that you try using the Abena Abri-Fix Soft Cotton Fixing Pants to hold the diaper in place and close to your body. I don't have any experience with the capabilities of women's panties, but I'd guess that they probably aren't designed to keep a diaper in place. The Abena pants are available from XP Medical (www.xpmedical.com).

I use the Abena disposables without the insert and usually only need to change every 4-6 hours.

Thanks Craisler, I might order a pair. I order all my diapers from them anyway! I purchased one of the body stocking/onesies from them but it was too long for me even though I ordered a medium. I can probably tailor it to my size but I just haven't gotten around to it. I have some bicycle shorts that might do the trick in the meantime. I've worn them before but never all day with a fully-loaded diaper so I'll see how they'll hold up. And you're right about women's underwear, they couldn't hold up ***t (which is why I prefer diapers, cause they do hold ***t)! LOL! Anyway, have a nice day!

Perhaps drink a little less caffeen or water so you don't have to go quite as much. And, althought you may not think it will work for you, try a pair of plastic pants over your diaper to help if you do leak a little. Thin pants like PRIVA that you can get at Miles Kimball are thin and not noisy at all. They do help. Sure, they are not the strongest plastic pants in the world but they are thin, discreet and are only about $6 for a package of 3. Good enough for the times you decide to wear all day or to work.

Glad to help. Bicycle shorts do a great job of keeping diapers in place.

I'd also suggest not pressing your luck by going all day without a change. I change during my lunch break. That way, the morning diaper only has to contain about 5 hours worth of bladder output and the afternoon diaper about 4 hours worth. Once home, I sometimes change again before bedtime. Most of the time, I don't because I seem to urinate less in the afternoon and evening. Plus, being at home, it's less of a problem if the diaper leaks.

I think I know what happened though. The booster you were using was saturated, then the diaper underneith was also, so any extra wetness really had no where else to go, and hence the leak. With An Abena M-4, I'm just wondering why you wanted to use a booster in the first place. I wear those as well, and they work great! :thumbsup: Also, isn't the Abena airplus a cloth like backed brief? As many people have discussed a lot of the cloth like products just don't work worth a sh*t because they don't fit right and tend to leak at the slightest provocation....so that could be a contributing factor also.

Wearing a plastic backed products isn't all that bad, and when you cover them with something like underwear and or a pair of plastic pants or what ever and then your regular pants, it's almost (almost) unnoticeable. Like I said I have worn M_4's out and about in public under a pair of over sized shorts, and no one can tell or hear anything.....*shrug* so it really is OK! :D

This sounds like your being very brave and trying to 'get out there' more and such, but relax...it's OK, no one can tell and they really wont say anything even if they do...this has been discussed before also...What are they going to say??

"Hey there, I noticed a rustling sound when you walked by and your butt seems a bit more poofy today, you wouldn;t hapen to be wearing a DIAPER today would you..???" (right)

Or just boldly state "why are you wearing DIAPERS today?? you don't usually wear those...I know because I look" Blah blah blah...ya see?.

So part of what you are doing you really just need to relax and realize that most people don't have a clue, and wont bother you, so it's OK. many of us have been through this and nothing happened, so just realize that it doesn't really matter, and even if someone does notice somehow...you have to ask "WHY" and how they knew.. and that maybe THEY could be an AB/DL type too ;) just hiding it like most everyone else.

Hppy wearing and congrats on your bravery with the last excursion to work :thumbsup:

Acutally, rusty pins, I try to stay away from as much caffeen as possible! :) I ususally have my morning cuppa joe but after that, nothing. But I do drink a lot of water. I used to drink more but then I was running to the bathroom every 20 minutes or so. Sometimes I still do when I've drunk "too much" (which seems to be anywhere from 16 to 24 ounces in a 4 hour period). I have tried the Priva pants before, just not out and about yet, and all three pairs split at the seams even though they were the correct size and not over loaded after just one or two wears. I have a snap-on pair of Leakmaster pants but the elastic at the leg cuffs chafes horrible! Maybe I just got a defective pack of Privas last time? Who knows. Maybe I'll try them again because they were softer around the leg gathers than the Leakmaster.

I agree Craisler, I wouldn't go all day without changing my diaper. I was thinking of changing at lunchtime anyway.

Thanks Square_duck for the suggestions. I actually wanted to wear a booster for two reasons: one, extra thickness cause it feels nice, and two, exactly what you said, the cloth-backed products suck so I figured I'd need some extra protection. My theory now is that I just didn't have the diaper on propperly around the legs. Like you also mentioned, it's difficult to get the cloth-backed products to fit well. Abena made a huge mistake making those Air Pluses without a rear elastic waistband! The wings on them also seem to be cut differently or something compared to the plastic M4s, which fit me perfectly. I was going for discretion but I guess I'm going to have to re-think things a bit.

Thanks, everyone for being so helpful!

Acutally, rusty pins, I try to stay away from as much caffeen as possible! :) I ususally have my morning cuppa joe but after that, nothing. But I do drink a lot of water. I used to drink more but then I was running to the bathroom every 20 minutes or so. Sometimes I still do when I've drunk "too much" (which seems to be anywhere from 16 to 24 ounces in a 4 hour period). I have tried the Priva pants before, just not out and about yet, and all three pairs split at the seams even though they were the correct size and not over loaded after just one or two wears. I have a snap-on pair of Leakmaster pants but the elastic at the leg cuffs chafes horrible! Maybe I just got a defective pack of Privas last time? Who knows. Maybe I'll try them again because they were softer around the leg gathers than the Leakmaster.

I wasn't sure about the caffeen since I don't drink coffee myself, but I do drink diet soda. I know a lot of office people who can't do without their constant coffee or soda. I do drink a lot of water at times because of allergies and sometimes dry mouth. Sometimes you just can't avoid it!

As far as the Priva pants, I know lots of people here do not like them because they are thin and cheap and don't hold up over a long period of time. It's the thiness of them that I like. That, plus the price. I personally have bought several packages of 2 different sizes and have never once had them split up the seams. The most that has happened is a few small tears around the elastic legs, and that has been after many many wearings. For the price, about $5 for 3 pairs, I can afford to toss them out after months of wearing them if they tear. Maybe you did get some defective pants. Maybe my body shape is really different and help the longevity of the pants. I also don't wear diapers and plastic pants daily and when I do wear them, it's usually not for more than 4 or 5 hours. Still, not lasting more than one or two wearings without tearing seems pretty poor qualty. Don't know what to say, other than I like the Privav pants for their thiness and price and I really don't have much of a problem with them.

Plastic pants from Babykins or B4NS are all great. You can trust both companies to provide a great product and to ship it promptly. You will find that you won't leak with them and the elastics around the legs and waist are not the kind that will bother you. Good luck with you future adventures!

Plastic pants from Babykins or B4NS are all great. You can trust both companies to provide a great product and to ship it promptly. You will find that you won't leak with them and the elastics around the legs and waist are not the kind that will bother you. Good luck with you future adventures!

Thanks. I checked out these two websites yesterday. The prices are somewhat intimidating but the pants all seem to be high quality and comfortable looking. I like the idea of the terry-lined ones Babykins sells.

This weekend was interesting. I had almost all of Saturday to myself. I had worn a diaper over night, woken up several times to wet it, then back to sleep. (Still hard to do without some kind of mental distraction like my MP3 player.) I crept downstairs early to do my morning routine and was able to stay in my overnight diaper until about 7:30 a.m. Then for the rest of the morning no diaper. Then my parents left the house around noon. I diapered up around 12:30 and went out shopping. I discovered the most wonderful garment for keeping the diaper snug to my body: lady's shapewear pants! They're deliberately tight to keep your tummy nice and slim and are much more supportive than the cotton bicycle shorts I'd been using. They also reduce the noise of the diaper more effectively, though I was also wearing jeans over this so that helped in the noise arena as well.

As I was shopping I peed several times in the diaper. Then I drove to a local trail system and had a good half hour hike, going as I went. Then I drove home and stayed in the diaper. Unfortunatly, when I got up from resting on my bed I noticed a wet spot on my sheet! Grrr! I guess I had overloaded my diaper again! WTF? I really have to start either a) changing more often or B) wearing plastic pants!

I stripped the bed, poured baking soda on the mattress cover to absorb any remaining dampness or smell, and promtly threw my sheets, pants, and shapewear into the wash. I'm glad no one was home!

All in all I spent about four and a half hours in that diaper (without booster I might add). I think I'm going to have to start changing them after about three and a half hours which doesn't help me for daytime wear at work much. I just have such a hard time knowing when the diaper is full, or ready to leak unless I deliberately flood and feel the pee trickle down my leg!

That sounds like you had a great day! :D Sorry about the leaking issues though, it sucks. I have found for disposables, that when I feel my butt getting cold or feeling a bit wet, things are filling up and it might be time for a change. Abenas do this pretty well, with the padding etc. also when they swell up and the SAP is worked, they start to get more solid and 'doughy' to the touch (if you discreetly check your behind now and then) you can tell that way. But generally, when things start to get bulky and more solid feeling in the crotch area (instead of flexible as when dry) then thats also an indicator that your in for a change soon....or suffer an over fill..and leak.

Your comment about leaking down your leg reminded me of a comment made by someone recently who had continence issues. She said that she might take up wearing after having a kid or 2, because when she would laugh hard, she would end up with "tears running down her leg" which I thought was hilarious....sad also because of the loss of control etc, but she put it in such a funny perspective that it made it memorable and funny...

Anyways, I was also going to recommend the "kins' pants because they look and seem to be built a lot like what VIP used to make. The VIP pants are the most comfortable ones I have and I LOVE them :wub: sadly they are no longer made, so I have to look elsewhere. Also, if you are on a budget, and want to stay with the priva pants, maybe go with the next size up, if they are splitting at the seams. They will be more 'balloony' :huh: but there will be less stress on the seams and leg / waist bands so they should last a bit longer. *shrug*

Nice to hear of your adventures and that you are getting used to wearing out and about. Don't worry, most people wont notice much less care...so it really is OK! :D

Have fun!

Hey Diaperfox!

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend dispite a bit of a leak. All the best on finding what works for you. If you do order from Babyins, you'll find that the plastic pants are worth the money and they do last a long time with proper care. B4NS is much the same. Either way, enjoy and keep on having fun! :thumbsup:

The thing with diapers and leaking is knowing what your diaper will hold. Most of us have experimented with several types and brands, it's just a matter of knowing how many times you can go; and what the diaper will hold before leaking. Some diapers can be worn for 6 hrs or more and have a large capacity, other only last for two or three small wettings. As your probably aware of the less expensive brands don't hold as much or last as long, diapers like the Abenas, Bambino's, Secure X-Plus, Wellness ect....... last a lot longer and can hold several wettings. Best of luck to you in your experimenting, eventually you will find the right combination. :thumbsup:

Diaperfox i will tell you before i ended up in the wheelchair i had a long distance relationship and the woman new i was icon and did not care, when i went on Vacation she and i hooked up which after a long distance relationship you may or may not know that the greatest thing on earth is getting your hands on that person and doing everything they said they wanted to do to you all at once in a split second of just bliss for that person all the fantasies they shared late at nite you want to fulfill them for them right there where ever there is does not matter….but back to the main topic i had had a case of arena m4's sent to where we would be staying so i did not have to cart them there and i was wearing a pair of blue mens dress slacks with a dress shirt all in my normal size with an Abena m4 on my body and she said as i was walking up i thought you where incontinent i said i am and she said i pictured somebody in a diaper i said i am and took her hand and guided it to my croth and she could feel the bulk and padding but was shocked that she did not see it s i walked down the ramp to her,

Wear what You want, Feel how You want to feel, But always portray confidence in what you are doing, and always own your feelings, no one else's words can hurt you unless You let them

Be Happy in your Nappy

Diaperfox792, you may be able to wear your larger, plastic back diapers by wearing girls workout boy shorts. They are stretchy and have very short legs so it is a bit cooler than longer versions of spandex pants. Plus, they are tighter and shorter than boys tight workout pants and will make the diaper quieter.

I have also had problems with my diaper leaking and I have found that using a maxi pad in between the diaper and workout shorts work. The best coverage I have found was the Always Overnight Maxi Pad with Wings. They are in a purple wrapper. Not sure if they sell them where you are.

Also, if the bathroom is packed at work and you are worried about being seen or found out, you can leave work during lunch and go to the nearest eatery or convience store and change in the bathroom there.

Hope this helps!