LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Any Idea What Diapers Feel Most Like Real Baby Diapers?

IMO...the diaper that closes resembles an actual baby diaper is Bambino Biancos. They remind me the most of the diapers I used to wear when I was a kid. They don't have any sort of scent such as baby powder or anything like that but just the look and the feel remind me a lot of old, plastic backed Pampers.

The next ones IMO would have to be the Dry 24/7's. I think they've changed their diaper colours but the one that does it for me is the Large sized in white.

I think if you were to try either one of those brands, you wouldn't be disappointed....and neither would your little one :)

Being older and a 'cloth diaper' kid I'm not familiar with what disposables felt like back then, but in my imagination and experiance, the closest thing to an adult sized 'pampers' is the abena m-4. The first time I wore one it just seemed to be 'right' the only thing is all the print and stuff on the outter shell, but thats why they make diaper covers I guess :P

They are nice and thick, and fit (me) well and comfortable and last a long time and hold a lot.

The next ones would be teh 'dry xplus' or the 'secure xplus' as they are also way comfortable, and hold a lot, but tere are fit problems with me since they resized everything :glare: but I still love them since they just work so well and hold a LOT! and are discreet to boot :thumbsup:

For those of us who grew up (well...you know what I mean) wearing cloth diapers and waterproof plastic pants, nothing can compare when it comes to feeling like a baby. That's what I wear exclusively and have never tried disposable diapers.

Although only really tiny adults can fit into actual baby diapers, this hardly means we cannot experience the sensation of baby diapers.

I do this virtually every day. A few weeks after Pampers began the first test marketing of the original Cruisers a woman, who had always provided reliable advice on an incontinence site, wrote about how she had converted Cruisers for use as slip-in disposable pads by simply cutting off the flaps/wings. Her opinion was that those modified Cruisers cost less than half of commercially made femail slip-in pads. She also said she believed the Cruisers actually had more effective capacity.

My thinking was that a minimum package of Cruisers was not expensive. It had been many years since I had bought adult diapers in a store, but I knew that nobody would notice a woman buying infant diapers. I started with Size 6 Cruisers, which were too large for me. Same for Size 5. Then I tried Size 4 and they fit me very well. Since then Cruisers have been re-designed, but Size 4 still fit me.

When I must function as an adult, such as while working as an attorney, I wear ordinary ladies knit cotton briefs. I slip one of the Cruiser pads inside. The snug cotton briefs hold the pad snug enough. With the improvement of design these days I am confident a Size 4 Cruiser will last at least 3 hours. Back in 2010 Pampers introduced "Extra Protection" which are similar in size to Cruisers, but somewhat thicker. Also the absorbent core extends most of the length with the EP. So far I have only routinely been able to buy Size 4 Extra Protection at Target. Lately Size 4 Cruisers cost me USA$0.32 each and the Size 4 EP cost about USA$0.37 each. The advantage is that the EP give me 4+ hours of capacity.

Dry the Cruisers are slightly more flexible. They are equally soft and to me not uncomfortable dry. Most disposables are more comfy damp to moderately wet. Cruisers and EP act that way.

Guys tell me they need the extra size of Cruisers Size 6 or 7. Extra Protection are only made up to Size 6.

Although I have not tried all the available baby disposables, I see no reason why any would not work in this way.

So why not try this approach to get a modern baby disposable experience?

Something else to try! I'll definitely look into it. Thanks so much! :)

Speaking from personal experience, I can reccomend this concept as well. I like the feel of disposable baby diapers, so I wear baby diapers similar to the way Angela does. The big difference is that I just fold the parts with the tapes/fasteners away from the padding and then slip the diaper into my normal underwear. This goes for Huggies Pull-Ups as well. I can fit into GoodNites so I wear them normally, but those are the closest to true "baby" diapers that I can get.

Cool. Thanks for the insight!

You're welcome--glad to be of help! :) Would you like me to add you as a friend on DD? I can provide you with plenty of tips/suggestions if you and your BF start using baby diapers regularly. (By "baby diapers" I really mean anything that isn't considered an "adult" diaper including training pants and things like GoodNites.)

You're welcome--glad to be of help! :) Would you like me to add you as a friend on DD? I can provide you with plenty of tips/suggestions if you and your BF start using baby diapers regularly. (By "baby diapers" I really mean anything that isn't considered an "adult" diaper including training pants and things like GoodNites.)

Yeah, that sounds good. Thank you!

For most of us, "real baby diaper" = what we wore when we were babies. For me, it was cloth which is why that's what I prefer to wear. Any way to find out what he wore the "first time around"? Once you know that, assuming it's some type of disposable, I'm sure the others here who are experienced in that area can help you find something very similar.

Never thought to ask him that....I'll have to find out. Thanks! :)

I agree, diapers must feel like baby diapers to me. I, too, don't want to wear them if they don't.

Let me just say that a big part of how baby diapers feel to me is how they look. Yes, I love how it feels physically to be diapered, but I may love even more how it feels emotionally. (And that feeling doesn't come from granny diapers.)

My choice are these old-fashioned Pampers in my size, possibly covered with a pair of no-frills Gerber pull-ons if mommy diapers for bed.

i will add that i am a product of the early eighties and i do love plastic backed disposables alot. BUT there is a diaper that molicare makes called the premium soft, which IMHO resembles today's modern disposables better than anything ive tried yet. and it actually is a great diaper... check those out for the baby diaper in an adult size! i highly recommend.

i will add that i am a product of the early eighties and i do love plastic backed disposables alot. BUT there is a diaper that molicare makes called the premium soft, which IMHO resembles today's modern disposables better than anything ive tried yet. and it actually is a great diaper... check those out for the baby diaper in an adult size! i highly recommend.

Thanks! I'll have to find some. And I love the pic!! XD

• 2 weeks later...

At home I use cloth diapers on my boyfriend. I was not sure how he would like them since he is only 27. But he told me he loves the way they feel. He also said the fact that I take the time and love to fold them just right makes them totally special for him. He told me just last night he thinks being retro is cool. I have a real motherly connection with them. I also love how puffy they look on him. It reminds me how my own kids use to look. In truth I missed the bond I had. But now I enjoy the feeling that this is more permanent. I had a hard time dealing with the feeling of not being needed. So I now have the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

He's tried cloth diapers before, but he couldn't figure out how to get them on quite right. Might be my turn to try. :) Thanks!

There are several different types of folds that are used for baby diapers (such as angel wings, bikini twist, etc.). Look up the different folding techniques on the Internet. The other key to a properly fitting diaper is the size of the fabric. That depends on waist size and the torso height of the wearer. Measure the distance around the hips, which are slightly wider than the waist. Then measure the distance from the navel, under the crotch, and up to the "small" of the back (the indentation just above the waist). I am 5' 4" tall with a 38" waist (40" hips) and wear a cloth diaper sized 27" wide by 34"-37" long. With the right combination of cloth size and a comfortable folding technique, the diaper should fit fine and be fairly easy to put on.