LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting: Not Just For Fun...

I posted in another thread, but decided that was kinda an unfair hijack, so I thought I'd separate this out.

As most members here, I'm sure, I've long been in love with the concept of bedwetting. When I've forced myself to be really honest, though, I just didn't want the social consequences. I travel for work. I travel for fun. I like to spend time with friends & family on weekend trips... All of those would be such a pain if I were a bedwetter...

Well, it appears I may not have a choice, and I don't like it at all.

I wet the bed all the way up until I was in my mid-teens. I finally stopped around 16. Sadly, that's 20+ years ago, lol. In that time, I've had not one problem. I've passed out drunk at parties. I've taken sleeping pills for jet lag. I've been through the stress of divorce and "personal loss." I even experimented with 24/7 for a bit. Nothing led to wetting the bed.

About 6 weeks ago I woke up in a wet bed (I was not "protected" at the time). 2 weeks later it happened again. A few days later it was 2 nights in a row. Now it's almost every night.

I headed to my doc this morning. He did blood work and urine. He asked a bunch of questions. He scheduled some follow up tests. I imagine if all that's clear, I'm off to a urologist.

The only good thing is, thanks to my long standing DL interests, I know how to keep a mattress dry, but damn... I sure hope this goes back to a voluntary condition.

I have new found compassion for those who have to deal with incontinence on a daily basis. :(

That stinks. A lot of people on here wish to be incontinent, but don't realize the impact it'll have on their life. I hope everything gets sorted out for you!

Thanks!

Yeah, the concept seems cool, but facing the possible reality of it... not so much... If I could turn it off and on with a switch, that'd be great, but not having a choice is sapping all the fun at the moment. Hopefully we either figure it out, or I get over the hang-up.

There is always people that will say that "your views are tainted because you didn't have a choice". Perhaps mine are a tiny bit because I wouldn't want to become incontinent to begin with. However the result is the same whether you wanted it or not and when I see people that want it pretty much to satisfy a fetish, I have to object. It isn't fun after a few years, hell it isn't even fun after a few days.

As far as the hang up, one thing that has helped me a lot is getting a mindset that the diapers serve a purpose. Now if you are only having urinary incontinence at night, you might want to think about condom catheters instead of diapers. I use a catheter at night because I void anywhere from 2000-3000ml per night.

There is always people that will say that "your views are tainted because you didn't have a choice". Perhaps mine are a tiny bit because I wouldn't want to become incontinent to begin with. However the result is the same whether you wanted it or not and when I see people that want it pretty much to satisfy a fetish, I have to object. It isn't fun after a few years, hell it isn't even fun after a few days.

As far as the hang up, one thing that has helped me a lot is getting a mindset that the diapers serve a purpose. Now if you are only having urinary incontinence at night, you might want to think about condom catheters instead of diapers. I use a catheter at night because I void anywhere from 2000-3000ml per night.

Now that's something I wouldn't have thought of...

I've been a DL for as long as I can remember. I enjoy diapers. I just don't enjoy not having a choice. As such, I think a diaper would be my preferred solution most of the time, but I can see situations where a condom cath might be a much better option...

I'm imagining that would save me from having to hide disposal of multiple wet diapers on a long weekend trip with friends. I'd just have to sneak into the bathroom each morning to empty the bag.

In all honesty, though, I really hope this turns out to be a temporary thing and I get my choice back...

After I "became a bedwetter again" by choice, several years ago, I had a situation arise where I had to share a hotel room with a co-worker for a week... (Cheap-ass company) I used the condom-caths with a leg bag, instead of my usual diapers. I got some "lounge pants" that are real baggy and have a draw string at the waist. They hide the hose and bag real good. Add a long length night shirt and your covered.

My co-worker roommate, who slept in only his bvds, asked why I wore so much to bed.... My answer? "If some moron pulls the fire alarm at 3am, I won't be the one running down the hall half naked!"

My co-worker roommate, who slept in only his bvds, asked why I wore so much to bed.... My answer? "If some moron pulls the fire alarm at 3am, I won't be the one running down the hall half naked!"

i had that asked to me once in the same situation (even tho he knew why) and when i dident answer(i just looked at him with a pissed off face) he laughed and sed what ever and laid down

By way of an update:

I got the blood work and urinalysis back. There's absolutely no sign of diabetes or UTI, which cross off the two easiest answers. I've never actually hoped for a UTI before, lol. (I didn't really want it to be diabetes, though...)

I also had an IVP yesterday to look at kidney function. I don't have official word from the doc yet (and won't for several days to a week), but the tech seemed to think everything looked normal.

I had an interesting conversation with the attending at the hospital. He said there's recent study evidence to suggest adults who wet the bed as a kid are nearly 10 times more likely to develop a bed wetting problem in adulthood than those who never had a problem.

At this point, I'm back to the waiting game. My official follow up is next Friday, but my GP promised a call once he gets the test results.

I also am a bed wetter. I was when I was a kid - until about age 12. Then I started wetting the bed just recently again. I remember feeling so much shame and humuliation when I was younger because I thought only babies wet the bed. I also remember my mom putting a diaper on me when I was about 8 years old and I hated it! I felt like a baby! But now, I don`t care, I wear a diaper to bed because I don`t feel like changing my sheets, and clothes. The diaper I use is Depends protection with tabs. It is a good diaper, absorbs alot, and good for night time.

I'm glad you're happy with Depends, but surprised. Depends are a recipe for disaster for me. They're not even close to adequate, and they're almost as expensive as some of the "high-end" brands. If they're doing the job for you, and they're readily available, that's great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi Mahleedl, 

the same happen to me a couple of years ago. While I was able to bring my OAB back to dry but I still wet the bed from time to time - and I hate it. The doc did'd find anything. How ever meanwhile I have the suspect that it have something to do with my snoring  - my wife mentioned this. There are times when I snore heavily and then I often wet the bed two. The best way for me to make the things better for me was not to dring alcohol and doing sports. This does not heal it, but give me longer dry episodes . I hope for you - that you have more luck then me.