LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Disposables: Cloth Or Plastic Backed

Guest aielen

Definitely plastic! And it has nothing to do with the sounds or the babyish feel or anything like that. Since I wear diapers to bed, I find that cloth backed diapers can get caught on the sheets which can result in the diaper getting yanked out of place, resulting in leaks. Plastic backed diapers slide smoothly over them for a far more comfortable night.

Guest gnappies

Definitely plastic backed for me. I wear cloth backed everyday, they're called boxer shorts. I'm not looking for my nappies to look like 'big boy pants' or 'normal underwear', lol.

I also prefer mine mainly white, coloured disposables don't do it for me.

Though I can understand those who need to wear, or want to be discreet the advantages of a quieter nappy.

I'll go along with everyone else. I prefer plastic. The problem with the cloth is that the airflow that makes the diaper cooler also allows odors to escape

If it's not plastic it doesn't seem like a diaper to me since my experience was with cloth diapers and plastic pants and plastic backed disposables with my children. Cloth is best suited to adult underwear.

Hugs,

Freta

I don't think there will ever be a time where I will enjoy cloth backed diapers. If all the manufacturers switch over to cloth backed...well I just don't know what I will do as I really prefer plastic backed.

Definitely plastic backed are my favorites. Especially for sleeping at night (Abena M4) as I toss and turn a lot and the outer cover on the cloth backed get "Frayed", and start to come apart, where the plastic backed tends to slide over the sheets. During the day, cloth backed have some pluses in that the upper tapes can be undone, and the diaper slid down to allow use of the toilet for #2 if necessary, and then done back up. And of course quieter. I do miss the 6 tape depends as a locally available day diaper though.

I like plastic back diaper because it just seems more like a proper little boy diaper. But I am a 49 years old and that is what I have used on little one. So that is what use on my boy now.

One more vote for plastic-backed, although I'm a late 70s/early 80s baby, so that's more indicative of my experience.

It would be interesting to hear from some other folks that were babies during the plastic-to-cloth transition in the 90s. Speaking practically, plastic-backed are better for adults on the move IMO, as they're far more durable and less prone to seeping. Still - personal taste is an important factor, so I wonder what the younger ABDL generation has to say.

I use both, but prefer plastic backed in disposables. LIke blu4 the weather has a lot to do with which type of disposible I wear during the day. I go for cloth if it is going to be above 85 or so that day. However, I much prefer traditional cloth diapers and either plastic or rubber pants to sleep in at night where I have A/C and fans to keep things cool.

• 5 years later...