LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

hey guys, I know a lot of you guys seem to prefer plastic covers over cloth covers, maybe because the diapers you wore as kids were plastic. But, I am of the slightly newer generation (90's), and I grew up with clothlike (huggies, pampers, goodnites) covers and I was wondering if anyone else shared my opinion. Of course, there are different kinds of clothlike covers, the ones on depends suck, the ones on goodnites, huggies and pampers were my favourite, they were the softest to touch. I know ABU Cushies have a cloth like model but that's about the only adult diaper that does (and I don't know how it compares to the three diapers i mentioned above). Does anyone else share my opinion?

I'd love to hear what you guys have to say

I prefer plastic-backed diapers. I have no idea what the diapers were like during the time I wore them the first time around, honestly, and have no memory of those diapers. (I was born in 1988.) The reason I prefer plastic-backed is the absorbancy factor - cloth like cover diapers leak VERY badly for me. The only exception to this that I've found are Underjams, and they leak sooner due to smaller size. As for ABU Cushies being the only cloth like diaper out there? No...A lot of companies make cloth backed diapers & pullups. The companies reason that they are "more discreet" and "more like underwear" than plastic backed diapers. However, I don't know of a GOOD cloth backed diaper out there...Every brand I've tried has leaked horribly on me. I'm sorry I couldn't really be of help, but I hope you find what you're looking for.

~ moogle

Actually I grew up with cloth, but my brother was in the early pampers and those I remember and I preferred the straight style refolds disposables that first hit the market. Long after baby diapers had gone to hour glass shape, I finally with great reticence switch to attends and depends as the old single tape ones disappeared.

I still prefer plastic at home, but I use the cloth ones for convince when wearing at work.

Ohhhh, I didn't notice until now, but now that you mention it, I really like the hour glass shape, it fits a lot nicer, I am not really into wetting so I don't mind if it doesn't carry much. What makes cloth ones more convenient?

....there are different kinds of clothlike covers, the ones on depends suck....

Huh? Depends may suck, but I wear their pull-ups daily at work where I am pretty active and soak them frequently :rolleyes:In over a year's wearing I have never had one leak through the cover, save for the 'Silhouettes' which do have that problem :bash: Away from work I've soaked plenty of these pull-ups and some of the 'Real-Fits' too, and while they leak past the edges when over-soaked, never has a leak through the cover happened. I haven't worn their other cloth-like products un years so I can't comment on those. I must therefore presume that you may not be speaking based on personal knowledge of their current products, for my personal experiences are the exact opposite of yours :screwy:

Depends-bashing seems to be a common thread in the ABDL world but really folks, beyond their limited capacity they are not as evil a product as they are made out to be, and among the cheap diapers I've never found any more consistent ;). And their plastic-backed diaper is pretty much the same, not a lot of capacity but consistent and reliable so long as you stay within it's limits. I'd rather have a pocketfull of being sure I won't leak than a bucket-full of I may not leak, and with their consistency that's what I get from Depends B) If YMMV I'd sure like to hear how :D

Bettypooh

Huh? Depends may suck, but I wear their pull-ups daily at work where I am pretty active and soak them frequently :rolleyes:In over a year's wearing I have never had one leak through the cover, save for the 'Silhouettes' which do have that problem :bash: Away from work I've soaked plenty of these pull-ups and some of the 'Real-Fits' too, and while they leak past the edges when over-soaked, never has a leak through the cover happened. I haven't worn their other cloth-like products un years so I can't comment on those. I must therefore presume that you may not be speaking based on personal knowledge of their current products, for my personal experiences are the exact opposite of yours :screwy:

Depends-bashing seems to be a common thread in the ABDL world but really folks, beyond their limited capacity they are not as evil a product as they are made out to be, and among the cheap diapers I've never found any more consistent ;). And their plastic-backed diaper is pretty much the same, not a lot of capacity but consistent and reliable so long as you stay within it's limits. I'd rather have a pocketfull of being sure I won't leak than a bucket-full of I may not leak, and with their consistency that's what I get from Depends B) If YMMV I'd sure like to hear how :D

Bettypooh

Well, I am not really a wetter, I just like to wear diapers and so for me, what matters most is texture, thickness, and aesthetics. I am not really bashing depends for their performance (as I have no say), in terms of retaining the limited amount of fluid my body expels i have no problem with it, it's just that I am just not a big fan of their material, it doesn't feel as soft or as nice as baby diapers xD.

Whenever I see a baby diaper I'll touch the material and have a little moment to myself, wishing that adult diapers could be the same. I have had some problem with bambinos not fitting well, pull ups and baby diapers fit well as a child, but they're too thin, I just wish that someone could make a thicker and upscaled version of the well fitted baby diapers, with the same materials et al.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually prefer cloth-backed. To this day, I'm actually surprised that plastic-backed is the popular choice, because I've had nothing but trouble with them. Though, it could be that I've only been able to get my hands on some bad brands. Obviously, Depends are hideous. The tapes suck, they don't stick, the plastic rips. Awful.

To my surprise, I've had the best luck with Walgreen's Certainty brand of fitted diapers. They're cloth-backed, yes, but they tend to be a bit more lenient as far as movement goes around the leggings. I often find that many plastic diapers tend to stretch out fairly easily around where the thigh and the buttocks meet... like... there's a half-inch gap there. With the Certainty, while there isn't any internal leak guards, the fabric tends to stretch and shrink more than other brands. And they're cheap. Combined with a baby diaper stuffer, they're great in my opinion.

My only wish about those would be to have stretchy sides, like baby diapers. That way they'd be pretty snug no matter how active you are.