LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Self Catheterizing To Be Incontinent

I have self cathed and I gotta say it is an intersting, kinda painful yet erotic experiance. I have read some threads here and there about folks who want to be incontinent. Some have suggested self catheterization.

I'm not claiming to be an expert or anything of self catheterization. I have some experiance and I am simply passing along some info for the first timers. My wife works for a Urologist (doctor who deals with incontinence, vascectomys, etc) and I have gotten some self-cath pointers from the doctors my wife works for.

By posting this info I'm not condoning self catheterization just to be "incontinent". I'm just trying to prevent an unnecessary death or alot of pain from happening to somebody who doesnt know any better.

1 - Do Not Insert anything into your body that is not medically designed to go there. EX - homeaide catheters. You run a high risk of infection which can result in alot of pain and possibly death. Make sure it is medically sterile, sealed and unused.

2 - Self cath kits are pretty easy to order from the internet. I was able to order everything I needed without a doctors note.

3 - Search "self catheterization" and you will probably get more "how to" then you ever dreamed of. Its pretty simple - the self cath kits that I ordered had instructions included.

4 - There are self cath kits that include: lubricant (its a special kind - not KY), gloves, prep / bacteria killer, saline, syringe (to inject saline) and catheter. I suggest getting some cath tape which skin friendly and is designed to hold the exterior portion to you. Other wise the exterior portion of the cath flops around and is uncomfortable (even when diapered my cath moved around alot - the tape helped)

5 - Caths are rated by "FR" (stands for French Catheter) the lower the number the smaller in diameter. I would suggest a 13 or 14 if you are a first timer. The larger diamter caths are VERY uncomfortable and the same amount of pee comes out of a 13 as it does a 30.

6. There are male and female catheters - so be sure to get the correct kind. A foley catheter is probably what you are wanting. Foleys are basically a catheter that has a balloon on the end which is filled by saline after inserted in the bladder. The cath balloon basically prevents the cath from coming out until deflated.

IMPORTANT for Men self-caths - when cath-ing yourself. When inserting the catheter you will eventually feel some resistance. STOP inserting, exhail and relax then gently insert catheter - you will probably have some pee come out of catheter at this point.

Draw backs of self cathing This is what I experianced (except bleeding)

1 - Can be painful when removing. Can cause incontinence if cath-ed for a long period of time.

2 - After removing cath - can and may hurt to pee. If you see blood - goto ER immediately.

3 - You can leave a foley in for a while. After a week or more I was told by the doctor that the cath does need to be removed and replaced by a clean one. Remember - its your health we are talking about here.

4 - When the cath is in place - it will be uncomfortable until you get used to it (IF you do). This is where the diameter comes into play - I initially bought an 18 fr which was hell. A 14 fr was much much better.

Educate Yourself Before You Self Catheterize

I might add that it will be more difficult if you are a guy and are erect.

Also, do not lubricate the entire cath all at once. Open the package from the insertion end and pull back the sterile covering. Apply small amounts of lubricant every two to three inches and work that down before doing more. It will be too slippery and too wobbly to work with if you remove the whole thing and smear it all otherwise.

Once urine flows from the cath, you will still need to push it about an inch farther before you attempt to inflate the balloon. If you feel any pain during balloon inflation, STOP! It isn't far enough in. Once in and the bladder has mostly emptied, you will be a leaker until it is removed. Drink fluids and even cranberry juice to promote flushing and kill bacteria that can cause infections.

Guys, pleasuring yourself while cathed is not a good idea. It may irritate the urethra and that will haunt you once it is removed.

I might also add that the pure silicone caths work best for some but are more expensive.

When you need to remove the cath, reattach the syringe but do not pull saline from it. Allow it to deflate on its own. If you force it to deflate, the balloon may wrinkle and have ridge that can cause a painful removal.

Keep pushing fluids and cranberry juice. It may sting the first few times you go after removal but it will lessen with each time. You may need to continue wearing diapers for a short while as your sphincter muscle is still distended and needs time to recover.

If you have a cloudy or smelly urine, seek help.

I might add that it will be more difficult if you are a guy and are erect.

Also, do not lubricate the entire cath all at once. Open the package from the insertion end and pull back the sterile covering. Apply small amounts of lubricant every two to three inches and work that down before doing more. It will be too slippery and too wobbly to work with if you remove the whole thing and smear it all otherwise.

Once urine flows from the cath, you will still need to push it about an inch farther before you attempt to inflate the balloon. If you feel any pain during balloon inflation, STOP! It isn't far enough in. Once in and the bladder has mostly emptied, you will be a leaker until it is removed. Drink fluids and even cranberry juice to promote flushing and kill bacteria that can cause infections.

Guys, pleasuring yourself while cathed is not a good idea. It may irritate the urethra and that will haunt you once it is removed.

I might also add that the pure silicone caths work best for some but are more expensive.

When you need to remove the cath, reattach the syringe but do not pull saline from it. Allow it to deflate on its own. If you force it to deflate, the balloon may wrinkle and have ridge that can cause a painful removal.

Keep pushing fluids and cranberry juice. It may sting the first few times you go after removal but it will lessen with each time. You may need to continue wearing diapers for a short while as your sphincter muscle is still distended and needs time to recover.

If you have a cloudy or smelly urine, seek help.

the above is called an indweeling cath and should never be left in if it is not attaqched to a closed collection system

the infection can kill kill you or make you inconten

SELF-CATHETERIZING...pretty accurate info posted! I am being treated for an on-going urological problem, have been for over a year now. I am a larger fella so self cathing is difficult because of my size so I go to my DR. who does it every month for me. I must say over the year it has gotten much easier to go through, I used to dread those treatment sessions. Now I show up without a worry of pain. Yes a Foley's 14 mm catheter is what is used on me. I personally let it hang and adjust it as needed.

My diaper does a good job keeping it situated. Of coarse the more you wear it the more tolerant you will become having it. I think of where I am today vs. where I was a year ago when I started this treatment...it is not a big deal anymore. I plug the end of it and void like a big boy through the hose sometimes and others I just let it drip into my diaper until a changing is needed. Diapers have always been part of my life so now that I am able to legitimize their use, I am living large now :) I agree if you are going to self-catheterize for "recreational reasons" (which I don't condone either!) you must do it right.

As Billiardnut stated it can be a matter of life & death...take the proper precautions. Use "approved medical items" they are available. Proper hygiene practices are needed as well as the constant fluid intake of water or cranberry juice to keep you hydrated and your system flushed of the buggies growing inside. I have "pleasured" myself numerous times without any ill effects but again at this point I am not a "beginner" to the catheter scene and have grown to tolerate the catheters presence.

Plus after I do make myself "happy" I thoroughly wash. I will close by saying please do not penetrate your peepee with anything homemade...you may regret it!!! Happy & safe wetting baby friends :thumbsup:

Huggie :biker_h4h: