LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Interesting Wellness Brief News

As good as you think the Wellness is now (it is currently better than Abena or Molicare both in absorbency and because of the NASA multilayered design) we are in the process of constructing a new advanced line that will be ready in 4-6 months that will have an improved multi-layered method resulting in 30+% more absorbency while still maintaining the same thickness!

If you like – We will have a cloth backed version in 2-3 months as well. No worries as it will not replace the plastic version!

oh thats good to hear.... because the absorbancy video floating around youtube the lady in the end says get your plastic backed briefs now because they are switching to cloth back soon... so very very glad to hear that. They have a unique fit and unique plastic... I'm glad they're not ditching it altogether

I had a couple of dollars left from my direct deposit on my government card. So I grabbed a few samples. They came in today. Will give my thoughts on them in a few days. So far I like the plastic myself, it seems very crinkly! I like the blue color too. Unfortunately they don't make a small, so I have to try the medium. I won't judge on fit to be fair, unless I can get them too that is :P I will put a few pitchers in them tomorrow and see what they can take :) And yes that means the way it is suppose to happen..through the system don't ya know! :whistling:

I recently got a case of them while ordering some various other braqqqq1nds , I tend to order a few cases at a time , there not bad , decent absorbancy, I'd say below abena m4 but above atn. Plastic is good, not very thick which is perfect as I was looking for some discreet diapers , I use dry 24/7 when I want something thick. Overall for the price and performance not bad .

The thing that is cool about em is when u wet they feel very different from a wet diaper of any other brand they kind of bubble up and it feels.like Styrofoam, its hard to explain lol but definatly cool. Only part I didn't like its after my case came they randomly sent free samples to me .... I like free diapers but I don't like not knowing there coming . I don't.know if its cuz I made an account on there site or because of the vendor I ordered through either way it was very strange .

Okay, my thoughts as I have used the second one, and I mean used it. I didn't think I would be out long, so I taped it on best I could for fit. Wasn't really that bad of a fit, just that all the extra sides had to be tucked around. The crotch was a bit wider than my normal small and I was afraid it would really stick out But seemed to form a bit and didn't rally stand out as much, the back did incase me a bit more than I was used to and gave me a slight waddle when I walked which I noticed ( and smiled) but doubt anyone else noticed. It took a while to notice anything as I constantly normally have small flows periodically though the day, so I primed the pump with a couple of pitchers of draft while watching a race yesterday, that tended to get things flowing more. A few times I felt it pool for a second or two. Not once did I worry or even check for leaks, maybe a quick pinch or two about 2 hours in. I wore it for about 5 hours till all the beer had cycled through, maybe one or two bathroom breaks when I felt I could.

Other than that, the thing looked like the ad I have seen when wet, the front and the crotch to mid back swelled up alot and was a bunch of the beads of SAP pressing up against the thin plastic. looked like it was going to bust :P but the top half both sides seemed still dry, so not a perfect wick like Molicares do for me.

Granted they were a medium and my Molicares are a small, but I wouldn't hesitate to wear these a bit longer than my brand, I might order another sample and test them a bit more.

Question for anyone who has ordered the sample from their main site. I asked for one sample and they sent two diapers is that normal? so If I order two samples will I get 4? Thanks.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I asked for a free sample (enough for a couple of days = I had estimated approx 8 diapers). They sent me a whole pack, so I promptly thanked them and offered a deal in return. I'd give them my honest review for posting on their web site- good or bad.

By the time I had gone through the whole package I was so disgusted with wellness my review was also a nasty gram wake up call for them! Their diapers may have been better than depends maximum, but not by much. That's when I realized that little asterisk next to their claim noted they were comparing their diapers to depends "cloth like" underwear. Overall capacity was mediocre but leaks always occurred well before that. They don't keep wetness away from your skin like they say either, so I felt soaked after the first wetting (of several before reaching capacity). When it was hot out and I sweated they wouldn't absorb that either- only making things worse. Compared to molicare needing to be changed every 8 hours or so, I had to change wellness every 2-3 hours. They never fit right either. Per their own instructions the top tabs need to be angled down (away from the hips), so they would sag often and repeatedly. The bottom tabs also needed to be angled up (away from the leg gatherers), so leaks were constant due to a loose fit there too. I gave up on that and tried taping them normally and tight but then the plastic would just rip- again- leaks galore.

In short, wellness is a rip off. Their web site if filled with half-truths & near lies. Don't waste your money on these! I can only imagine how much worse they will be when they start producing "cloth like" diapers too. Just don't forget, that cloth covering doesn't hold wetness back. They have a narrow strip of plastic that actually does the job, but since it's much narrower so is the protection they offer.

• Like 1

There wasn't a company making diapers for NASA. NASA made the diapers themselves, they owned the machinery. They've got enough of a stockpile to last well into the foreseeable future, so they shut down the operation and sold off the equipment and associated patents, which were bought by Wellness.

Darkfinn, what's strange about that is if you've ever looked at a detailed picture of a real NASA diaper (available on wellness's own web site) then you'd notice that a wellness diaper is constructed nowhere the same level of quality.

Darkfinn, what's strange about that is if you've ever looked at a detailed picture of a real NASA diaper (available on wellness's own web site) then you'd notice that a wellness diaper is constructed nowhere the same level of quality.

And would have no need to be so :P

There wasn't a company making diapers for NASA. NASA made the diapers themselves, they owned the machinery. They've got enough of a stockpile to last well into the foreseeable future, so they shut down the operation and sold off the equipment and associated patents, which were bought by Wellness.

I have to disagree. While NASA did develop the MAG, later they switched to a commercially-available brand called "Absorbencies". In my research, I have seen no evidence that NASA had any diaper manufacturing equipment, nor did they sell anything to the folks at Wellness.Source: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-spacediaper9feb10,0,932821.story

A NASA spokeswoman said the official brand used now is Absorbencies, manufactured by a company that has folded.

Fortunately, NASA owns a huge stockpile. The agency snapped up 3,200 of the diapers about 15 years ago, the spokeswoman said, and "we still have about a third of the supply left."