LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Payment Style Do You Use To Buy Online!

So I pretty much wasted my entire day trying to get my saving account I made and PayPal linked up then tried to buy diapers... Found out that PayPal wants a ton of info to verify I am me and I refuse to give out my social online.

I was gonna just risk it with my debit card but I already completed my transaction and it wouldn't let me go back...

So I'm curious how do you guys buy stuff online? And how is it the safest/easiest?

Paypal has it's advantages, but it is nosy :o I have a pre-paid debit card which is the only thing I use online or have on my PC ;) It has a fairly low limit but is enough to buy several cases of diapers should I have that much money tied up in it (which I never do :( ) Hackers and phishers know that these cards (which have special card numbers) will not have much money in them, so they don't bother trying to scam you- they go for the cards attached to bank accounts which may reap them a lot of dough for the same effort. My paypal account was started with this card so I could buy on Ebay- that didn't require verification, only the account info for that card. I cannot sell there without verification. Dunno how things are now, but unverified accounts have a limit on how much money can be transferred and I'm close to that, so I'm going to create another account with another card and start all over again rather than give them what they do not need or deserve to have from me :P I can use the card I have to buy directly from most stores online- a few have rejected it so with them only I go through paypal using the same card, which is then accepted :screwy: Check with the intended seller first to be sure they will accept them, but prepaid and gift cards go a long way in protecting your privacy and your finances which is why I use them.

Bettypooh

Paypal Any payment method is going to ask identity questions. If you use a debit card, you had to give info to get it. That is stored and accessible. A trnasaction from a PayPal account only either is direct from the place you are dealing with or just asks if the item is goods or services. I do not use anything fance like BillMeLator: Just a straight transaction. I just make sure I have enough in the account for the transaction

With paypal, I do not create an account. You can do that now, so basically, I re-input my information each time. It is safer that way, since the information is not connected to an account and is only temporary. Hacking will always be an issue. It is unavoidable, since they can always try to hack my online banking system regardless of what I do. The best you can do is reduce the odds of your information being found by storing it in as few of places as possible. Use cash when you can, etc.

Paypal has it's advantages, but it is nosy :o I have a pre-paid debit card which is the only thing I use online or have on my PC ;) It has a fairly low limit but is enough to buy several cases of diapers should I have that much money tied up in it (which I never do :( ) Hackers and phishers know that these cards (which have special card numbers) will not have much money in them, so they don't bother trying to scam you- they go for the cards attached to bank accounts which may reap them a lot of dough for the same effort. My paypal account was started with this card so I could buy on Ebay- that didn't require verification, only the account info for that card. I cannot sell there without verification. Dunno how things are now, but unverified accounts have a limit on how much money can be transferred and I'm close to that, so I'm going to create another account with another card and start all over again rather than give them what they do not need or deserve to have from me :P I can use the card I have to buy directly from most stores online- a few have rejected it so with them only I go through paypal using the same card, which is then accepted :screwy: Check with the intended seller first to be sure they will accept them, but prepaid and gift cards go a long way in protecting your privacy and your finances which is why I use them.

Bettypooh

Can you give me some details on prepaid debit card? That's sound really easy/simple I heard another way to do it is to buy visa gift cards.

So with prepaid debit cards what do you have to do? Is there monthly fees? Do all prepaids work for online shopping? How do I cancel it if I decide I don't want it anymore?

Also I'm looking into getting a credit card is that ok to use online?

Then prepaid I use is a Green Dot M/C, and it's chock full of fees :crybaby: One when you activate it, another when you upgrade it, maintenance every month, and a fee when you add money to it. Once you get it rolling it's $5 a month and $5 more whenever you add money. The upside is that these use a special prefix in the number which identifies it, and even with the upgrade it maxxes out at $2K ($200 is standard). Since almost everyone does not upgrade this means a hacker/phisher can't get more than $200 per card and it's usually a lot less :rolleyes: Mine has only enough to buy what I want (spent quickly) and a bit more to maintain it ;) The bank that maintains it has some info including a SS# and a mailing address- it's what I gave them just the same as info I post online :ph34r: Nobody goes after these cards and nobody can get info from it except the name on it which is my initials and my last name :) Totally safe. Plus it works just like a M/C credit card, not a debit card which means you can use it almost anywhere :D

Gift cards are a cheaper way to manage a single or infrequent-use situation and they too are totally safe but some companies will not accept them :o If you've got time to wait sending a money order is often acceptable but you have to check ahead of time to know this. If you use 'shady' prepaid info, get the SS and name right- it needs to match- and you'll need a physical address for them to send the card to. It's easy enough so long as the person with that name and SS number doesn't have a M/C card with the same bank :whistling: and the worst you can ever lose is whatever you had loaded on the card. Covert can be fun B)

Bettypooh

I've used paypal for 11 years give or take... without a glitch. There are things that are annoying about it, but I have never been hacked with paypal.... and there was a time where I got scammed on an ebay purchase and paypal took care of it and refunded my money. I was luckily not out a dime. Otherwise, with Bambino, I just use a credit card I have with a low limit on it. Again, never been hacked or had the number stolen and used elsewhere. I use paypal with them sometimes, and I use paypal with xpmedical.com too. As long as its a reputable company, most of them use encrypted pay anyhow. I've used bamino, securepersonalcare, xpmedical, kckmedical, cheapchux, DME, and wellness without any issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually pay by Paypal with a credit card. If I have used a site before, I may just use the credit card. I have never linked my Paypal with my bank account. They tried to make me or cut my account. I resisted, said I always intended to pay by credit card and they finally restored the account. I had never had a card rejected going into Paypal.

Normal visa card here. Just make sure that the page is sending/receiving information in encrypted format (SSL) and make sure you don't have viruses or key loggers on your PC...if you go to those naughty video sites, you might want to do a virus scan before putting up your credit card number (that is why they make most viruses after all). Or you can go all out and roll a Linux box so security and viruses are never a problem, but its not for everybody.

Either way I've noticed a lot of ppl trying to hack my PayPal via failed BF attacks, attempted password resets and even scam emails with horrible spelling telling me to "clik here to loggin." If you roll with a PayPal acct, be mindful of what links you click in emails and make sure you have a damn good password.

Horrible spelling? Vhat u r talking about? Don't u understand Ukransk? Is perfectly good langvich and ours is perfectski

Now Comrade, ckik here; secret pokice r vatching