LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Look The Cashier Gives You.

I think you should say something, maybe to the effect of "see something ya like?" "keep staring, ill have to charge admission" "if you think this looks interesting you should see me when im nekkid!"

How about something more likely to be received positively.

Try, would you like to go for a coffee sometime.

When I was a young boy, about 10, and into my teens, I'd always go to our local variety store (5 &10) to search and buy my plastic pants.

I use to really worry about cashiers.. but not anymore.

Mostly cause about the only diapers I buy from local stores is Goodnites, and most people would hardly guess they are for me.

On the rare occasion I will buy some Diaper like depends, I try to find what I would consider the least attractive cashier or one that looks like a zombie and have that person check me out. Normally I am buying beer too, so I don't bother with self checkout isles.

I know there are those that don't believe we have any business sharing our "special interests" with others but I'd just love to be free to just once go to a local store such as Wal-Mart, or Target, to buy some disposable diapers and feel free to say to the inquiring sales clerk:

When i was younger, i used to blush and just get in and out at soon as possible. Now, i really don't care. Generally i buy my diapers online so there's really no face to face interaction other than the UPS, FEDEX or USPS man giving me the package but from time to time ill see a new medical supply store open up and ill go in and try a different brand. Rarely ever do conversations come up but if they do, ill comment on the absorbancy of the specific brand im buying. That usually tells them enough info for them to figure its for me or for someone whom i have changed.

It is no longer possible for me to find the brand of disposable diapers (Abena) that I prefer to wear, at any of the local pharmacies, or in Wal-Mart, or the local grocery stores, so I buy online anymore.

I never had a bad reaction from a cashier. Most are very supportive of people being embarrassed about buying 'those' including me. A girl named Summer I once knew at a Rite-Aid worked there and I used to buy Attends(back when they had them) and stuff like baby bibs and what not. I bought from her for months and of course she caught onto what I am. Now know before I begin that we now knew each other pretty good from routine store visits, so the following thing she asked me was not at all offensive to me. She just told me she saw the adults into diapers and baby stuff on the internet and I basically said....yeah I am into it obviously, been since very young and I laughed about it...she told me it is cool....and wished more men wouldn't be so afraid of admitting stuff like that and she thinks it's sweet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

For the most part I haven't had any strange reactions on the few rare times I've bought diapers at a store. I usually go online or if I'm buying Tena or depends I use the self check out

The only conversation I've ever had was at a local medical supply store that sells the plain white rearz, the cashier, an older woman said she had a lot of customers comment on the quality and how you don't have to change in the middle of the night, to which I replied how much I liked them as well. I didn't really let on that they were for me however she mentioned that rearz had some strange products on their website that she sees when she has to order more for the store (this was a few years ago before rearz introduced the in-control brand and their website that appeals more to the elderly and disabled)

I have had two interactions with cashiers while buying diapers. Once in Kmart i was paying for my diapers and the young lady said "do you have a bladder problem"? It took me back for a second then i replied "yes". Then i realized that my diaper leaked and i had wetness on the front of my shorts. She called for an assistant to take myto the storage room so i could use the empoyee restroom to change.

Another time i was buying some cute panties and some diapers. When the transation was done she looked and while smiling said "have fun". I replied "i will".

• Like 1

I've bought from stores a few times and never had an issue. The closest I could say wasn't a cashier, and I don't know if it was actually related. An older woman working at the pharmaxie saw me lookin at the rows of adult diapers and just asked "do you need help." I said "No," and she moved on, but gave a sort of odd smile that made me think she knew what I was doing. Perhaps I was just in my own head. Aside from that, I don't know that I've ever seen real reactions at all

• Like 1

The first adult diapers I ever bought were a part package for next to nothing in a thrift store. They were, of course, for me to finally get to wear and try, like a big baby. But I was trying to project the calm of being a thoughtful person buying them for my elderly relative. No one blinked. I did the same a couple more times before wanting to try something better.

The next steps were buying bedwetter pants that might have been for a child (Goodnites) and a plastic sheet, and finally actual diapers my size at stores far from my house. I found it interestingly embarrassing and exciting trying to radiate complete ordinariness each time I went to the cash register.

No one showed any interest. Online ordering solved this problem for good, plus what was available was much better.

• 2 years later...

In my experience, cashiers really don't care what you're buying. I mean, think about the vast array of products that are sold at supermarkets or pharmacies and the sheer number of people they see every day. They've got other things on their minds, and honestly, no one really cares what you're purchasing. Even if, for some reason, they did have a passing thought or question about it, it would be incredibly rude and downright strange for them to voice it. So, I just go about my business confidently!

• Like 1

There was some comments about cashier's asking questions about the purchase (What are those for?). I know we don't force our lifestyle on others, but... For those that want to answer, do you nice people think its okay to answer with something along the lines of "I enjoy wearing them (diapers)"?

• Like 1

So far I have not experienced that a cashier has asked me funny questions or laughed. However, this thread reminds me of a commercial for the prevention of AIDS that once ran in the 90s in Germany. The slogan "Tina - how much are the condoms" is still known by many...

• Like 2
18 hours ago, MixerOp said:

There was some comments about cashier's asking questions about the purchase (What are those for?). I know we don't force our lifestyle on others, but... For those that want to answer, do you nice people think its okay to answer with something along the lines of "I enjoy wearing them (diapers)"?

Doubt anyone would ask.  They could get fired if some customer complains.  After all, we are AB/DL but there are so many with incontinence who are not and need diapers for whatever reason.  I would venture to say most people with incontinence get good quality products via internet sites on a regular bases, but there are many people, elderly men and women who need diapers or disposable underwear and buy them at stores.  You also never know about someone who may have had prostate surgery or other medical issue causing some bladder problems, even if just temporary.  If a cashier made a comment, the customer could very well complain costing someone their job.

I personally don't think, should someone even ask, that "I enjoy wearing them (diapers)" is an appropriate answer.  As I said, chances are no one will comment, but if they do, a more appropriate answer would be, "Medical issues" or better yet, "None of your concern".  I don't think it puts AB/DL in a good spotlight to go around telling people and strangers you enjoy wearing diapers.  A lot of people out there already think of us a weirdos and pedophiles as it is without our saying things like that to get our jollies.

Why not just buy online. That is another thing we should have here. Look in my siggy for RUBBER PANTIES'R'US and  look in places like Mountain View,  and LL Medico they are general ABDL/Incon store1 or use the shopping icon in my sigggy. We should have a link page to distributors that are trusted like ABU, Bambino, Tykables and Rearz, I do not use these places since I do not do paper diapers

@rusty pins The only people that ever asked me who the diapers were for were clerks at medical supply stores, and they never asked why.

The only comment I can remember was from a young lady who asked if I needed a bag for my diapers. 

One clerk at hospital supply store, while helping me kept calling them "adult briefs." I questioned her about why she called them that, and she went on about how they weren't really diapers and the dignity of the users. After purchasing a package I checked my receipt and showed her where it said I bought adult diapers.