LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Look The Cashier Gives You.

50 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

@rusty pins The only people that ever asked me who the diapers were for were clerks at medical supply stores, and they never asked why.

The only comment I can remember was from a young lady who asked if I needed a bag for my diapers. 

One clerk at hospital supply store, while helping me kept calling them "adult briefs." I questioned her about why she called them that, and she went on about how they weren't really diapers and the dignity of the users. After purchasing a package I checked my receipt and showed her where it said I bought adult diapers.

Exactly!  Medical supply stores (if there are any left) are there to help their customers with medical questions about their products.  Asking if you want a bag is also appropriate. 

My comments, and I think the nature of this thread is not about someone shopping in a medical supply store, but more for a clerk at Wallgreens, Rite-Aid, CVS or even a big box store like Walmart.  Also I'm getting the idea any questions from workers in those types of stores are not for the purpose of helping answer a customer questions or helping them choose a product since that customer has already made their choice, didn't ask any questions and were already checking out with their purchase.  "The Look The Cashier Gives You" says to me it's about average Joe checker at a regular store checking your diapers out at the register and giving you a funny look as if they wonder if the diapers you are buying are for yourself (especially if you were 25 or 30 years old and acting nervous).

22 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Exactly!  Medical supply stores (if there are any left) are there to help their customers with medical questions about their products.  Asking if you want a bag is also appropriate. 

My comments, and I think the nature of this thread is not about someone shopping in a medical supply store, but more for a clerk at Wallgreens, Rite-Aid, CVS or even a big box store like Walmart.  Also I'm getting the idea any questions from workers in those types of stores are not for the purpose of helping answer a customer questions or helping them choose a product since that customer has already made their choice, didn't ask any questions and were already checking out with their purchase.  "The Look The Cashier Gives You" says to me it's about average Joe checker at a regular store checking your diapers out at the register and giving you a funny look as if they wonder if the diapers you are buying are for yourself (especially if you were 25 or 30 years old and acting nervous).

I thought that the question might have came from a stranger or a work associate or a person in a retail store that did / didn't sell diapers - i.e. from someone who is just being nosey.

There is a totally different experience when dealing in medial supply / incontince shops etc - and I have NEVER got anyone there asking do I wear diapers. I presume that it is from their own experience and training - i.e. not to ask the customer and/or they recognise the diaper shape etc even though it is under clothes etc due to knowing what to look for in a person's body shape.

In simple terms, your choice of underwear is nobodies business except your own. Some doctors (not ones dealing with my diaper dependance) have asked me if I am wearing a diaper, and I have asked them (actually a dentist asked), what has my choice of underwear got to do with my teeth or mouth, or is there a new dental procedure that you intend to perform on me that involves my butt? The dentist went red, apologised and then told me that he knows of no procedure or has the equipment that involves my butt.

I personally believe that my choice of underwear is private and nobodies business. Even most of my doctors, although some know (but it is usually their nurses that know), never bring up the subject as I try to not enter a doctors office with a soaked diaper - it might be damp as I have just changed it in during the time I was waiting, but never soaked and/or messy.

The wife and me were grocery shopping late, at Albertsons  I Found depends overnights were being discontinued. I think they had just put the clearance price on them because the shelves were full. I took them all,  except for 1 bag.   The wife was already in line and here I come. She says something like you gotta be kidding. I explained the situation in line. When they were rung up it was at regular price, and they had to price check, get a manager, and the line grows. During this time I went back and got that last bag! There was lots of looks. My wife’s comments made the situation even more memorable.

The wife and me were grocery shopping late, at Albertsons  I Found depends overnights were being discontinued. I think they had just put the clearance price on them because the shelves were full. I took them all,  except for 1 bag.   The wife was already in line and here I come. She says something like you gotta be kidding. I explained the situation in line. When they were rung up it was at regular price, and they had to price check, get a manager, and the line grows. During this time I went back and got that last bag! There was lots of looks. My wife’s comments made the situation even more memorable. There was 2 cart loads

• Like 1

I picked up a prescription at Walmart, along with it I had a bag of Always Discrete pull-ups that I was going to try. The cashier did not give them a second look.

Previous to this I had sent an email to  Always and asked if they might be sutable for men. The reply was try them.

I get most of my actual diapers through the mail, so I don't have to look a cashier in the eyes, but I have occasionally wondered what the postal worker, UPS or FedEx driver makes of dropping off the fairly anonymous cases of bulky, medium-weight "something or others" on my porch. The odd time, I've had to go to the post office, when a delivery driver decides to leave me a note rather than leave me the box, and then, I guess it's kind of like a cashier experience, although I don't know if they know (or care) what's in the giant boxes. Once, the postal worker jammed a box of diapers into a community mailbox compartment that was too small for it, and it became unopenable, so I had to wait there for a service guy to open the entire box and hand me the offending package, which was a boxed bag of diapers. I don't think he knew or cared - he just wanted to get on with his day. 

Buying other baby products or even the very rare over-the-counter bag of diapers at the pharmacy, doesn't phase me, because I assume they assume it's for either an actual baby, or, for an elderly parent or whatever. I don't look like the diaper wearing demographic yet, although I guess I'll get there eventually. 

Way, way back in the time tunnel, when Rearz had a retail store you could walk into (but you had to be buzzed in), I bought a few bags of diapers and some pacifiers across the counter from their cashier, and that was really stressful at first, but eventually I realized that they do this all day and don't care that I want a bag of giant toddler diapers with teddy bears all over them and a purple pacifier, or whatever. Once, one of the cashiers bent over to bag something for me, and I saw that she had a pull-up on, which put me immediately at ease. 

I've gotten used to buying mine at local drugstores. I live in a major city where stores are usually so busy that none of the other customers so much as look twice, much less the cashier. The only odd reaction I had gotten so far was when I specifically ordered a pack of Tena at a pharmacy when I still felt embarrassed. I made a point out of needing the receipt for a relative to which the clerk surprisingly replied with: "Oh... I had thought those were for you." I got out of the store pretty quickly and in hindsight thought that if I hadn't gone out of my way to not appear "suspicious" nobody would've even thought twice. Over time I've learned that in the city people are often far too busy with their own worries to register anything around them unless it is very, very out of the ordinary.

Have had several incidents over the years. Started buying Attends at Drug Stores and then they discontinued. Started using Depends Overnights and found a local grocery store had the best price. I would watch the kids while my wife would go grocery shopping so I would ask her to pick up a bag. My wife came back one day and said the cashier asked about you. I said really? She said when she was checking out the cashier scanned the Depends and said that she really wished they had these when her oldest had his bedwetting problem, she said I bet they work really well. My wife said she told her all about my problems with bedwetting and medical issues that had resulted in my night diapers. i guess I looked incredulous, she then started laughing and said she was pulling my leg, she had just told the cashier they were useful and she had a coupon for them.

Several years later I was purchasing diapers by the case from a medical supply store that I could use my lunch hour to run out and purchase. I was making my usual purchase of 4 bags in a case to get the discounted price. They only had two bags of the regular that I normally use and two bags of overnight. I asked the price difference and he said no difference in cost, just the overnight had 5 less diapers per pack. I was evaluating if I wanted to do this or make another trip back in a week when they came back in stock. The guy helping me who was probably in his forties looks at me and said you know for using overnight you should really use the heavier diaper as it will prevent the need for changes or possible leaks. I had never discussed the needs I had or if the diapers were for me so he was probably making an assumption (that was correct). I told my wife I thought I had bedwetter stamped on my forehead. My wife said it probably meant more middle aged men have this problem than I would guess. I hated to confirm this guy’s evaluation but I proceeded with buying the overnight diapers and then eventually switched to them full time so it turned out he was correct. Probably if I had been younger I would have walked out in embarrassment but being in my 40’s myself I just shrugged it off and completed the purchase.

• 2 weeks later...

for the most part i haven't had to deal with this since the stores near me have self-checkout ;) for a while i had just been buying goodnites but i eventually decided to go to a drugstore to get actual adult diapers. the cashier was an older guy, he offered to put them in a bag for me and i said no out of nervousness, but he insisted on it and told me i was "too young to be seen in public with these." no idea if he thought they were for me or not, but im glad he was kind about it lol.

ive now reached the age that it is not odd at all to buy goodnights or changing supplies or even lil kid toys. whats funny is when i was a teen im sure cashiers were ALWAYS staring at me, and maybe it happened once but im sure it was all in my head lol 

one time tho, i got my tax refund check i think and i went to splurge at wall mart. i got goodnights, frozen on DVD and a princess anna dollie. i was much younger and very brave that day. the cashier looked at me and said "let me guess...you got a little one at home." and I said "yeah her birthday is coming up and she's crazy about anna" she laughed and went "my little one loves elsa, they should be best friends. shes 4" i laughed and said "mine's turning 4 on tuesday!" ALL BS lol i went home, cuddled MY anna dollie, wet MY goodnights and watched MY dvd lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

...I've had a few instances over the years by older lady cashiers. One time at the local(now closed)mom & pop pharmacy, I bought a bag of Ambeeze adult disposable diapers(these were wingfold & exactly like the first pampers, plain white & two tapes). Anyways, it was just before July 4th and the older lady said, "You know, we're going to be closed a few days for the holidays, so you might want to get another bag of diapers so you don't run out." So, I did and grabbed another bag.

...at a medical supply store(which is still open to this day)I brought a pair of DuroMed pull-on plastic pants up to the counter. The older lady cashier asked, "Are you the one who was in here last week and asked if they would work over cloth diapers?" I just calmly said, "No, that wasn't me, but that's exactly what I'll be using them for". She just grinned and said "Ok, there are a few more pairs in this size if you need more" I just said thanks and left.