LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Look The Cashier Gives You.

I tend to like being a little exhibitionist when it comes to diaper shopping. Somewhere between fun humiliation and pervert pride.My two great moments were when one cashier recognized me as someone "who bought that super cool coat and all those diapers last time" while I had two more bags of my size adult diapers on the counter. I blushed and flirted. The second was a whim purchase. In a bodega in the city looking for glass Mexican Coke I saw Attends 10 on the shelf for a super low price. I brought them to the counter, the Spanish grandma had a hard time scanning the bar code. She tried to type in the number. It failed. She called her adult daughter over, pointed to the screen and said "The baby diapers wont ring up under baby". Her daughter said "No, put it under grocery" The mother countered with "No, they are diapers for a baby. It should be working. I know what I am doing." All this was at a counter 2 feet from me. Her daughter just said "They aren't for a baby" And went to type on the screen herself, while the grandmother looked from the large bag of diapers to me to the large bag of diapers to her daughter to me. I saw the glimmer of understanding cross her eyes as she bagged my purchase, half sticking out of a grocery bag. I blushed so hard I drank the whole Coke immediately.

"

Most of the time the cashier gives me the standard not-interested look. Sometimes the cashier will give me a speculative look. I usually wink ;)

One time I brought my diapers up to a very young man working the register, and he blushed so hard I almost asked if he was okay.

• Like 1

I usually get a disinterested look from the cashier. It's just another product to ring up. The one time I was truly concerned with a cashier's reaction was when I had a cute blonde girl at the cash register, and the only things I was buying was a package of diapers and a set of pacifiers. But she didn't even bat an eye, though I can't say for sure if she had a thought or two afterward...

You get what you give. When I was worried and nervous about buying diapers I got all kinds of reactions :whistling: Now that I see it as me just buying the protection I need hardly anyone raises an eyebrow over it. The few girls (not mature women) who react with anything less than normal get met with a look of mature disdain for their stupid immaturity- I've actually embarrassed many of them when they suddenly realized that most people buy diapers because they need them, not because they want them B) and that they could become like that too :o The guys are generally disinterested but if they show a reaction I look them squarely in the eye with a small fixed smile as if to dare them to say anything so I'll have the reason I want to punch them- then they back down knowing they just got 'owned' :lol: And then some look at me sympathetically, and in return I am very nice to them because they were nice to me :D But for the most part, there are no reactions- they just want to ring up my stuff so they can go back to whatever they were doing- they really don't care any more than if I was buying a box of cookies B) When you've bought publicly enough for it to be normal to you, then that is the reaction you will almost always get in return :girl_happy:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

I've always been careful never to buy diapers and baby things in the same place, since that way people are most likely going to assume that you're buying the diapers of protection or for someone else.

I've always been far more nerveous than any cashier has been, and a most of the time the cashiers are either young people who are disinterested or mature people who are professional about it.

One memorable experiance i did have buy diapers was when I went to a medical supply shop in the city, it's the only place I'm aware of in the whole of Northern Ireland (or very the least the only source I'm aware of and can travel too) which sells Tena Slip adult diapers in the store (proper tape on diapers, not the rubbish pull up kind that tena sell as a mainstream product)

I brought my diapers over to the counter, where a young woman about my age was serveing.

She was polite enough to tell me that they didn't often have the product I was buying in stock so if I needed more It would be best to phone the store so they could order more in for me. I akwardly thanked her, though have never been back to that store since.

I think she was also feeling a little bit embrassed, and she gave me a black bin liner since they didn't carry bags big enough for the adult diaper package. (mind you carrying a bin bag through a busy city, feelings only mildly less embrassing that i would imagine carrying an uncovered package of adult diapers.)

Ultimately i got the sense she maybe felt a little bit sorry for me. This gave me mixed feelings. I was touched she had a sense of empathy but at the same time I guess I felt like I was being looked down upon, which wasn't so nice. That might just be me being paranoid though, obviously I can't read minds.

All in all I was thankful to that casheir because she was thoughtful and helpful.

I think generally people are quite good one enough when it comes to situtations like this. Especally when, as bettypooh mentioned, people realise 'it could be them'.

Has anyone every bought diapers and actually be laughed at or treated rudely?

HAHA, I was hired on as a cashier at a major grocery chain. I was a bagger for a month before they gave me the proper training to be on the register. I had several middle aged customers buy diapers, ladies products, etc. My response: instictively double bag the diapers, or simply toss them in the cart with the rest of the items. We can actually get fired if we manage to piss off the customer. People can tolerate a lot of things, but thoughtless humiliation is not one of them. Just because they won't speak up while they are in the store does not mean they will phone the manager when they get home or write a letter to corporate. In a way, every customer who walks through the door is a supervisor of sorts. Let's say for the sake of argument I saw a customer buying adult size paccifiers, bottles, and diapers along with other items. Let's say she was even wearing high pigtails. Even if I knew she was AB, it would not be a safe thing to discuss at work. Remember that someone can be offended on another's behalf, and this can also cost us our jobs. It is not professional to engage in conversation that not everyone present can engage in comfortably.

• Like 3

I once bought some adult diapers at a Rite Aid store, and the grandmotherly cashier was excited to tell me that on Monday they were going to be running a big sale on them! I told her I would probably be back but I needed these now and couldn't wait for the sale. Very nice lady just trying to be helpful.

I was at the thrift store once with my DL friend (we had just had lunch at the Chinese buffet). They had bags of Attends 1/2 off, $4 per bag so we each bought 2 of them. My friend said something to the cashier about "Having those problems after having that operation", to where the cashier said something about "at least you're still here", or words to that effect. The clear implication was my friend would be wearing those diapers due to prostate surgery (which he actually did have a while back). After we left, he asked me if he embaressed me. Of course not! I might have even said I use them too, if the subject had come up!

It's usually true that a store clerk is thinking only of the next customer and doing their job, but there are some who will like to chat a bit, being friendly when the store isn't crouded. Most are careful about personal products. I've never had a clerk look at the adult diapers I was purchasing and ask me how good they are or how well they worked. If someone did, saying they have a mother or relative who needs them, I might just tell them how well they work for me, depending on the person asking. They might be thinking I'm buying for a relative and be surprised that I am buying them for myself! Might be embaressing if it was a store I regularly go to, or if there were a lot of people around, but I'm somewhat comfortable enough with strangers or clerks in out of town stores that I won't see very often to discuss "needing" them for "incontinence" if asked about the products and how well they work.

For those who are still embaressed to buy adult diapers in a store, I've stated in the past a real easy way to do it. Before leaving the house, put a $20 bill in a plain white envelope and put that in your pocket. Write down a brand and size on a list which you also have in your pocket. When you go to the store, buy some items you need for yourself other than diapers. Then when it comes time to get the diapers, pull the list out of your pocket, read it when looking at the shelf of diapers and then pick up what you need and put them in your cart. When it comes time to check out, put your stuff up on the counter (not the diapers) and pay for them with money from your wallet. Then put the diapers up on the counter, ask for them to be rung up separatly and pay with the $20 you had put in the envelope. Make sure you put the change and recipt back in that envelope. Theres not a clerk or customer who wouldn't believe you are just running an errand and buying the diapers for someone else!

Personally, I don't get bothered when buying adult diapers. I don't really care if the clerk knows they are for me and I'm usually wearing diapers when I buy them (not that you could notice). I buy my disposable diapers out of town a lot so I don't run into someone I may know. I'm in the closet about being a diaper wearer and wouldn't want anyone I know to find out, but I'm not too shy about it to a stranger out of town in a store when I'm buying them, if they should ask about it. In fact, it might be refreshing to be able to openly talk about having to wear diapers (in a medical need way) with someone you might not even see again if they should ask you a question about it. As stated, though, a clerk could lose their job by saying anything.

I have bought diapers in many stores and 99% of the time no one seems to care what i buy.I have caught a few cashiers glancing down at my diaper area but nothing was ever said The one time something was said a female cashier at a walgreens was just pointing out that the depends i bought were on sale and with my coupon i saved 4 dollors " on your diapers". But thats it for the most part

I've posted this somewhere before. Twice in independent pharmacies I've had someone make a remark. Once an older woman, after ringing me up, said, "Have fun..." while I was on my way out the door. Maybe I looked really excited about the purchase, I don't know. On another occasion, on a rainy day, the woman behind the counter told me to "stay dry" on my way out.

When i bought my products in the store before getting a meddling account and then switching to cloth, cashiers always looked down at me whenever i was buying diapers

But it never bothered me….

Because everybody looks down at me i'm in a wheelchair !!, yeah thats handicapped humor for you

Nappy

• Like 1

Whenever I travel, I always look in the local phone book for medical supply stores and search out the ones that have "incontinence supplies" listed in the ad. I've never gotten but one odd statement. It was from an older lady at the counter that asked if I needed help. I matter of factly told her I was looking for adult diapers. She puzzled for a moment like she didn't understand me. Another lady, younger than me, looked at her and said something I couldn't hear to which the first lady said, "Oh, like a baby but bigger!"

After that she pointed me to the aisle that had Depend but I wasn't interested. Interesting exchange none the less.

In south Florida there is a specialty incontinence shop that has Molicare Supers prominently displayed in the front window of their strip mall shop. I go there every time I fly through there and the lady is always so nice. She asked the first time I went in if I needed help and I told her I was looking for a better night time product. She even gave me samples of Molis, Tenas and Attends. She said she was seeing more people like me, young professionals that were dissatisfied with the chain store products. I agreed with her and came back the next day to buy a few bags of Molis after raving to her about the awesome nights sleep I got, not waking up to a wet bed. She smiled and I left with my purchase.

She remembers me when I drop back by, even if it has been a year. She seems to be making a living in south Florida selling diapers to the locals. More power to her!

Whenever I travel, I always look in the local phone book for medical supply stores and search out the ones that have "incontinence supplies" listed in the ad.

I think this needs to be repeated.

If you find a place that has "incontinence supplies" listed in their ad, you will have no problem buying diapers there. They will completely understand.

I'm on the younger side. I occasionally get embarrassed when buying diapers in public, but when I go to this pharmacy -- that specializes in incontinence supplies -- they're very supportive.

• Like 1

Whenever I travel, I always look in the local phone book for medical supply stores and search out the ones that have "incontinence supplies" listed in the ad.

I don't know about you folks down in the US or overseas but I've found MY local medical supply stores really expensive. Back when Attends still made a great diaper, the medical supply store sold them for 35$ a bag when the local pharmacies were all at 25$. 10 bucks is still a big savings even today.

However....I tend to browse other medical stores when I am travelling just because you never know when you might come across a store that has some really great diapers. I found a little hole in the wall store once who was having a big sale on Attends. 10 bucks a bag. I bought 5 bags :P It was great :D

That was a long time ago though :(

I get my diapers at medical supply store too. It's as simple as brining them to the counter - cashier looks at me and smiles and asks "is that everything?", and I pay and walk out the door.

Haven't really had any strange moments yet. I suspect when you work at a store like that that diapers are the least "odd" thing that people have purchased.

ok on my way home today i had to stop by the local riteaid to get some emergency Diapers as i was out and my online order has not arrived. just need to grab some quick diapers for a night . As i was checking out the cashier ask me if i new that these are not the pull up kind but the type with three tapes ( Depends brand). I quickly replied yes i know. I wonder if my face may have gotten a little red.

If she only knew i was standing there in a wet diaper, under my pants, she might have not asked that question.

but i guess she was just making sure i was getting what i really wanted....

Maybe next time ill ask here what the differents is and what they say? oh i might have some fun with this in the furture..

If that ever happens again, thank her and tell her that your incontinence is so severe that you have to wear the tape on diapers as the pull on ones won't be absorbent enough! Then see what kind of look the cashier gives you! If you dare! (Oh, and if you really do say something like that, do it in a very nice and thankful way!)

I buy mine online and only go to the big box stores for powder/bottles and other accessories. I stay the hell away from walmart because of the "people of walmart" thing.

-----FOR THOSE WITH NERVOUS ISSUES---

My main store is Target, which isn't bad because they usually aren't busy and have good selections. I bought some bottles a few weeks back and I told the guy clerk "always take the blame when you forget your kids supplies...your wife will spare your life"

Normally if your a guy, just buy a 20oz drink at checkout, look at your phone, look disinterested and if you have that "OMG they are going to know" they will likely see that you are on an emergency diaper run.

I personally think that it is ourselves that blow it out of proportion. At the end of the day they are just nappies that you may or may not have a medical need for. I generally buy online as I buy in bulk but I have bought pull ups in our local chemist and I didn't make a big deal of it and neither did the cashier.