LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hi Brian,

I had thought that the issues with the Botox might have been with the application, as your results differed so much from what was promised. I can understand you not wanting a repeat of this. They're so different to what you anticipated that it sounds like your urologist deliberately misled you.

I had issues with the Coloplast catheters as well. It got to the point I'd have to wait ages for the bladder neck to go out of spasm, so i could get it in the last inch. I prefer Lofric if you can get them, but everyones different. I'd agree that if your going to keep them in, you should get a foley. It'll be a lot easier, and you've got to avoid that straining. Im really not a fan of intermittent catheters. Things were much easier when I had a foley while in hospital and could drink what I liked, instead of planning out how much I could drink.

I hope things pick up soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Puggsley, as a follow up I have use folleys for a long time- a few years ago. Yes they are much better for long term use, but my urologist seems bent on not going that route, even after I explained it to him I'd rather.

My botox seems to have settled down a bit. I still don't get the urges like I used to but I do get a greater sense of needing to pee. When I do try to go there is no amount of relaxing that can get me to. I either have to strain and push so hard I nearly force a bowel movement or use catheters. My biggest problem with using intermittent catheters so much (my urologist said four times daily), is that it hurt to insert them, and I spasm when removing them. During the day when I'm out or at work I just live with straining. At home I've been using one of the many Coloplast catheters that my urologist had sent to me (paid for by my insurance). I've found I can leave them in overnight and for a little while in the morning, letting it drain into my diaper. As such I can get away with using one when I get home from work, and then again when I go to bed (which I leave in until I'm getting ready for work again the next morning).

This is by no means what I was told to expect, or what I had wanted. Luckily this will wear off in another month or two. I see my urologist next week and will push him again to let me use folleys. With luck it will get him to see I prefer full incontinence over constantly dealing with overcoming my urges (or trying to be cured as he still sees it).

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd give everyone an update here. My botox treatment has still kept me too tight to pee unless I cath more than I care for. As such I called my doctor early on Tuesday the 20th (before Thanksgiving) and tried to let him know I couldn't keep trying to catheterize so much and needed another option. I was only able to get his nurse and she left him a message for me asking to get Lofric intermittent catheters that would be easier for me to use or just go with Folley catheters so I don't have to constantly re-insert them so often. By 4pm I called again and she said I'd get a call back when he's reviewed my message. On Wednesday I tried calling again but surprise, my doctor had already take off for the holiday and wouldn't be back in till the next Monday (today). As such I decided to order some folley catheters (22fr, all silicone w/ 5cc ballon) and have them shipped by two-three day service. Due to Thanksgiving and the weekend I didn't get them until today. I've already put one in and have been relax-fully wetting ever since. I still haven't heard from my urologist but I do see him next week. I'm giving him one more chance to listen to me, but just in case I'm already looking into getting yet another urologist. Uuugh.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Army_baby. It's been about 4 months now since I had the botox done. Still no real relief but I have been noticing that when I strain to pee I can finally empty my bladder. Of course I still have the side effect of forcing a bowel movement and the eventual anal bleeding. Drinking plenty of fluids has helped, I know it sounds counter intuitive but it isn't. I've fallen into a routing of going 1-2 weeks without a catheter, then the next week with one in.

I'm sure it is not you that he is dogging, but it could be that he goofed so he wants to keep you away. Dough it sence I had the same problem. At least you are getting good at picking out new doctors and have a schedule now. one of these days you will meet the right one and the doctor will be able to say ok here is what we need to do and this is why.

• Like 1

Good new, bad news. My new urologist wants to try yet another new prescription on me before anything else. My last botox treatment hasn't worn off yet though so I have to wait 3-6 months before going with it. If that doesn't work he wants me to try the botox again but at a smaller dose. I told him I was greatly

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Another update all. Its been 8 months since I had the botox done and it continues to slowly wear off. I'm finally once again able to relax in order to pee, though I still can't completely empty by bladder without still pushing a bit. Luckily it isn't enough to warrant me needing to use catheters any more, nor is it enough to bleed.

Already use it actually, doesn't seem to help. I did also have the prescription strength (which only helped a little) but for reasons I don't know my doctor didn't want me on it for to long.

• 2 months later...

Last update on my botox. I'm pretty sure it has worn off now but I've also been on a new medication called myrbetriq (which has a side effect of urine retention). My new urologist has expressed interest in trying the botox again but at a half dose (I think he said 100mg where as my last one was 200).

Like you Brian I can not recommend botox, but unlike you I'm thinking about it since my doctor said that there is a chance that at a lower dose it might work this time. But he also said that he does not think it is going to work but he is talking to a few other doctors before my next apt.. One of these days they will find the magic cure for me if not I will be in diapers, but I will not complain.

• 11 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread for a new case.

It seems doctors love using botox for anything all of the sudden. Recently my bladder issues got a little worse from years of straining to pee. I thought I was getting close to a sphingerotomy but my urologist wanted to inject the botox into my sphincter instead of my bladder (just to see if it would help- uuugh). From past experience I knew I'd have to jump through this hoop to get anywhere else so I did it. It has made it easier for me to pee so i don't have to stain as much, but I am still getting my urges and straining some too.

All this while I had a bad hemmorohid surgically removed (which was caused from my straining to pee). However, since I am still straining a little it has refused to heal. I now have an anal fissure that hurts and bleeds a little every time I have a bm. Now my general doctor wants to use botox on the internal ring of my anus to get it to relax and heal.

I've done a bit of digging and think I may go through with this while I wait for my urologist to make up his mind and do my sphincterotomy. This will make it my third and seperate botox treatment in under two years. I expect to have mild gas incontinence and maybe some light fecal incontinence too. Since I'm already diapered I don't mind too much, especially since this would be temporary and the next alternative is surgery that can potentially make this permanent.

I wondering if anyone has had anything similar to what I'm about to get done, and might know more of what I should expect.

Xyxy, no I haven't. I have had several cystocopies done and they said everything looked normal and open. Did you ever have those done with the same (false) results?

During my urodynamics test they did find my sphincter isn't opening as it should though. This last botox injection into my sphincter did help, but just not as much as I had hoped. Still, this does lead me to believe this is where my problem is coming from. I could be wrong though.