LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Want Exact Up-Sized Replicas Of Goodnites, Pull-Ups, Underjams, Etc.

I want EXACT (up-sized) replicas of the diapers we got to wear as preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade-schoolers.

That would be something on the order of pull-ups, other brands of training pants (I like the Hyvee Brand), Libero Size 7, GoodNites, and UnderJams.

I wish Bambino and other such manufacturers would make exact replicas (yet up-sized to fit us and me) of these diapers/training pants/bedwetting pants. They haven't, but how can I get them to?

I can't wait for the day that such replicas come along. It'll really destress me and make me feel innocent again.

Well, you gotta keep in mind, to legally print many of those, you have to be lisenced, and that costs money. Bambinos are expensive enough as is...

But there are tricks to copy those prints and print them on to your diaper yourself. I've even designed some prints based off Banjo Tooie and Portal 2.

Well, you gotta keep in mind, to legally print many of those, you have to be lisenced, and that costs money.

So why not print them in Egypt or any other place with the weakest copyright laws?

Because Customs would still stop them at the border.

They're trained to look out for drugs, weapons and anything that a terrorist or drug cartel gang operative would like to smuggle across.

Wouldn't the last thing on their mind be to look out for and confiscate up-sized diaper replicas? If they were to care even a bit about them somehow, wouldn't they be like, "Aw hell, kids are getting pretty obese these days! Too bad they still wet the bed. Sucks to be them. Oh well, put it through."

It's got no drugs, weapons, explosives, radioactive substances, nor anything else that could threaten the security and stability of our nation. They've got bigger fish to worry about, correct?

They've got bigger fish to worry about, correct?

No, sorry.

Nowadays they would rather let drugs or weapons into the country then counterfeited copyrighted material of whatever kind.

No, sorry.

Nowadays they would rather let drugs or weapons into the country then counterfeited copyrighted material of whatever kind.

So that's probably the UK for you. How about my country? And if you were referring to my country in the first place, post a source to back yourself up.

And if you were referring to my country in the first place, post a source to back yourself up.

Isshun ga,

Sorry for insulting you and your country so much with an unsupported statement. I should have read through your surely very comprehensive user profile and researched the customs and laws of that place properly.

All in all I stand corrected: In my overeager way I assumed that readers would understand the intended hyperbole aimed at the 'intellectual property wars' some big companies seem to fight at the moment.

I shall try not to do that again.

By the way, for someone who thinks that circumventing infringement is OK if it suits his ' I WANT' style, you have a right unpleasant, self righteous attitude on you.

well an exact replica would be far fetched as a lot of others on here stated. Not that it isnt possible by any means, its just the copy right laws. I was watching a news episode where at shipping ports, they had US customs agents going through damn near every box, and finding counterfeit nike shoes, louis vatton bags and luggage, i mean they were literally picking everything apart and looking. Now do you think they would catch adult diapers? Probably not, but if they are going to be printing and manufacturing adult sized versions of these smaller diapers, then they need to do it honestly imo. However, could they not make a "close" resemblance version of a babies diaper? I dont see why not, as long as it is not an exact replica of the diaper. I dont see a problem with them modeling a diaper based off another baby diaper. I agree, alot of the times its very psychological to me. I wish the diapers we bought smelled like diapers one would buy for a baby etc. As we may be strong in numbers here, there is still a larger population that wears these not as a desire, or fetish, but because they have to. Now if Huggies realized how much money could be made making larger (but not labeled adult) diapers and sell them on the market, they would be smart. That would give us more of an option to have possibly a great diaper, and have it feel babyish. Hope that sounds like i wasnt aimlessly rambling lol

I wish Bambino and other such manufacturers would make exact replicas (yet up-sized to fit us and me) of these diapers/training pants/bedwetting pants.

So why not print them in Egypt or any other place with the weakest copyright laws?

How about my country? And if you were referring to my country in the first place, post a source to back yourself up.

I am not a lawyer, but... if an American company tried to make an exact, adult-sized replica of Goodnites or any other training pants, the manufacturer of the real training pants could sue for copyright infringement and get a court injunction preventing their sale. Making them in another country wouldn't help, they simply wouldn't be allowed to sell them, and if they did, they'd be held in contempt of court and could be fined.

Since you want a source, this site talks about injunctions in patent disputes, but I believe copyrights would be the same:

http://www.tms.org/p...tters-9712.html

The closest you could get to an exact adult sized copy of the original would be something like the ABU Super Dry Kids vs Pampers from the '90s - it looks similar, but not exact.

And BTW, your profile doesn't list your location, so we have no idea where you're from. I'm assuming you're American based on the diaper brands you mentioned. But then you could also be Canadian.

Wouldn't the last thing on their mind be to look out for and confiscate up-sized diaper replicas? If they were to care even a bit about them somehow, wouldn't they be like, "Aw hell, kids are getting pretty obese these days! Too bad they still wet the bed. Sucks to be them. Oh well, put it through."

It's got no drugs, weapons, explosives, radioactive substances, nor anything else that could threaten the security and stability of our nation. They've got bigger fish to worry about, correct?

You would think so, but no. Stoping counterfeits is a huge priority for them. Ask the lady from babypants... Her original order of Micky mouse trainers got seized.

Aside from often being bad for the economy there's a pretty good health reason for blocking counterfiets. Even as it is you still get lead toys and toxic dog food/toothpaste working its way through the cracks. Counterfieters usually can't be tracked back to their original source and thus have no accountability for the damage they may cause so no incentive to follow a safe manufacturing process. I can't imagine the sort of stuff that would make it through if there was no customs. Diapers may not seem like a big deal and for the most part they probably aren't, but they certainly can be exposed to toxic materials in the manufacturing and during transit. They have a natural tendancy to absorb substances so I wouldn't take my chances.

Now copyright enforcement that's a totally different issue...

I'm going to differ B) If you want to try to get someone to make what you want then import them, I have no problem with that because the ones who hold the copyright or license to it aren't going to make them for you. So I feel you are justified in trying this as there is no other way you'll ever fill the need. Now a couple things that would change my mind on this :huh: If you sell (or intend to sell) these to someone else it becomes a different matter because you're then operating a counterfeitting business :o For personal use only the law should allow you to do this even if it currently doesn't since you're not hurting anyone else's sales and you gave the right-holders a chance to supply the need first :bash: And if you do try and customs seizes them, then no whining allowed- you were breaking the law and you knew it :whistling:

Just MHO and what I'd be doing myself if I had the desire and enough money to try it ;)

Bettypooh the Subversive :ninja:

Hold up a second here people. Exact replicas would be a problem because of two things: first, the Pampers, Huggies, etc. brand names are all trademarked, and you're not allowed to use them without permission. Second, the cartoon characters and graphics featured on such items are trademarked and copyrighted.

So here's what you could do. Make exact replicas of the "structural" designs for such diapers, but release them under a different brand name, and use different graphics. Maybe that's not what the OP has in mind, but you could still copy them very faithfully otherwise - like you could use the same colors in the same places, the same materials, and same cut, you could put little graphics and characters in the same places as the originals (as long as what you're putting there is legally distinguishable from the original graphics), etc.

I am not a lawyer, but... if an American company tried to make an exact, adult-sized replica of Goodnites or any other training pants, the manufacturer of the real training pants could sue for copyright infringement and get a court injunction preventing their sale.
See, the thing is that clothing designs are not protected by copyright law. This page provides some more info - it does talk about proposed legislation to copyright fashion designs, but that doesn't currently exist, and anyway the term for that would only be three years (unlike the utterly absurd 70-whatever years after the death of the author term we get with normal copyrighted items). The reason counterfeit Gucci crap is illegal is because it's trying to pass itself off as Gucci, i.e. violating trademark, not because it's copying their designs. You can recreate Gucci products to 100% accuracy as long as you don't CALL them Gucci products, and as long as you don't put the words "Gucci" or any trademarked logo on the knockoff product itself.

Of course, I am not a lawyer either.

but you could still copy them very faithfully otherwise - like you could use the same colors in the same places, the same materials, and same cut

As part of what I teach, I have to teach US IP basics (Copyright, Trademark, Patent). What you propose does not violate copyright, but could violate trademark law, and most likely would violate patent law. Colors and color combinations can be trademarked, as could the cut of the product. Materials definitely fall into patent territory, and cut could fit in there as well. Businesses are highly protective of all IP, but violation of trademark and patent tend be viewed much more severely than copyright, and our government aids in the protection of said IP and the punishment of violators thereof. Like Calvin Coolidge said, "The business of America is business." Which in my opinion translates today as "Do not f*** with any big corporation or their property."

--Floaty

Owners of the copyrights to all the cartoon characters used on infant/toddler diapers have hundreds of people well-paid to find IP violations.

The practical problem would be obtaining the raw material needed to reproduce a copy of any major brand of baby disposable. Do you seriously think P&G or KCWW, who closely control manufacturing of all the components of their various disposable diaper brands, will sell such material? Remember, P&G was willing to sell the North American facilities and brand of Attends because they wanted no association with adult diapers here. Yes, P&G does still produce Attends in other countries for distribution outside NA.

The logical approach to creating larger versions of baby disposables would be to retain an outstanding consultant, such as Carlos Richer. His firm would be glad to sell you a diaper making machine or a whole factory. Normally his firm (and similar consultants) arrange for disposable diaper manufacturing.

Although the actual components of P&G or KCWW disposables are not available, components very similar can be obtained. Chances are good that any factory with a machine able to make adult diapers already owns appropriate cutting dies for the popular sizes. If you need a smaller size, then production of the appropriate die sets can be arranged.

The thing that could come closer is Goo.n BIG diapers, but honestly they are an ersatz :(

Early in the summer of 2011 GOO.N had a mail-order facility in Los Angeles. The prices were high and the largest GOO.N Big was only slightly bigger than a standard Pampers Cruiser Size 7 and less than 1/3 the cost. Anyway, apparently their factory in Japan was severely damaged. Their Los Angeles phones are disconnected and their website no longer exists.

As part of what I teach, I have to teach US IP basics (Copyright, Trademark, Patent). What you propose does not violate copyright, but could violate trademark law, and most likely would violate patent law. Colors and color combinations can be trademarked, as could the cut of the product.

Can you give me a source regarding trademarking product cuts?

As for colors, my understanding is that you can only trademark colors when that color serves to identify a specific brand, and when that color is unrelated to the "functionality" of an item. Take this case, for example, where Louboutin attempted to sue another shoe manufacturer that used a distinctive sole color in the same way as his widely recognized shoes. Here's what the article says about it:

But the general understanding in American law is that colors can only be trademarked if they serve—and

only serve– to identify the source of a product. They cannot serve any other function. The interesting question here was whether enhancing beauty is an “other function,

Early in the summer of 2011 GOO.N had a mail-order facility in Los Angeles. The prices were high and the largest GOO.N Big was only slightly bigger than a standard Pampers Cruiser Size 7 and less than 1/3 the cost. Anyway, apparently their factory in Japan was severely damaged. Their Los Angeles phones are disconnected and their website no longer exists.

I have no idea about the Los Angeles company, what I know is that the Japanese factory is still there, website included. Just to do a test, I called them and they are still answering at the phone :)

Agree however with you that Goo.n BIG is not so big (and not so good too), unfortunately.

TENA Protective Underwear Discreet and TENA Protective Underwear Discreet Extra are VERY like goodnites/drynites but for adults. Same kind of designs on them and don't look like 'granny pants' like 99% of other adult pullups do.

See, the thing is that clothing designs are not protected by copyright law.

Interesting, didn't know fashion designs couldn't be copyrighted... however, what I was referring to in my post was the same as what you started your post off with, that a 100% exact replica, down to the same name, cartoon characters, etc, would be an IP violation, and that it wouldn't matter if it was made in a foreign country.

As I have said previously, if you are not going to manufacture diapers, why worry?

If you are going to manufacture diapers, either you already know how to do so, in which case why ask here? Or, you have no clue how to turn you concept for an improved diaper into manufactured products. In that case you will need an experienced, qualified and most important, well-connected, consultant/broker. Your consultant will know which IP laws apply to your situation.

• Like 1