LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Time Buying Diapers Online...Help!

For a year now I have accepted my enjoyment of diapers even though my parents took a strong stance against them when I was a teenager. now im a adult and have my own job and my parents accounced to me that they are going on a 3 week vacation in july and leaving me home alone since I have a job.

for the last two years now I have made do with what cheap diapers they sell at walmart since its the only store near me that has a self check out and im sick of their leaking crappy diapers that always leak.

Now however since my parents are gonna be gone for a long vacation I want to get some good diapers and have them mailed to me while they are gone however I went online and was blown away with all the stock and different styles of diapers!

since I have no idea what diapers are good and what diapers are bad I really don't wanna waste what little money I make at my job I really was hoping you guys could give me links to you're favorite diapers and give me ideas on what would be the best diapers to buy.

(description of what I like)

I like the thick plastic feel and I enjoy nice patterns however my bigest concern is leakage...also I have around a $300-500 depending on how much I save this month so im not afraid to buy the good stuff so long they are good diapers also I wouldn't get another chance like this for along time so I wanna buy a lot of diapers....please leave links to the diapers you recommend. thanks!

Just about everybody on the net sells them my back up to cloth when i travel are the ABENA M4'S they absorb lots and lots and are very comfortable and as of last time i purchased some they were still plastic and the tapes help really well.

i am sure others will give you votes on these as well as some others but these are my favorite

Nappy

A bit of a tangent... It sounds like one issue you're running up against is not being able to receive mail discreetly. Consider paying the $40-70 a year for a PO box, if you're expecting to be at home or at least in town for a while. I did it myself back in the day--it's a great way to keep the parental units from being nosy about what you get in the mail or who you're corresponding with. This is assuming you're in the US... the USPS also had a new service that allows it to function as a physical shipping address, which means you can get UPS/Fedex shipments to PO boxes. If you don't have a vehicle or decent transit options this might be moot though. At any rate it's something to consider...for anyone else in this situation too. You won't have to miss out on the better-quality things this way.

...im a adult and have my own job and my parents accounced to me that they are going on a 3 week vacation in july and leaving me home alone since I have a job...

(description of what I like)

I like the thick plastic feel and I enjoy nice patterns however my bigest concern is leakage...also I have around a $300-500 depending on how much I save this month so im not afraid to buy the good stuff so long they are good diapers also I wouldn't get another chance like this for along time so I wanna buy a lot of diapers...

BTW, I'm really excited for you on this! After others here give more opinions, I'd recommend you order a few samples a couple days before they leave. Ask the company what the arrival day is to your location, this way they arrive as your parents have just left. Then after you find the right size/brand for you, cha-ching! Place the order. Don't blow a few hundred bucs solely on advice from here, cause if you don't like what u get you're screwed!

Guest hachimaki

I recently tried the sampler pack from HDIS. You'll get both "cloth" and plastic backed diapers. Might be worth a look, that way you get a good idea of what you want,.

Have to agree with Wheels.....24/7 are the way to go

I'm a fan of the Dry 24/7. Very thick, very soft padding, and the plastic backing is very comfy and "plasticky". Some of the other brands feel papery. They tend to run larger than advertised, so you might order a size down...

http://www.xpmedical.com/dry247.html

thanks guys for the advice..sorry about taking so long to reply this is my first day off since I posted this but i decided to create a list of all the diapers im interested in and was hoping you guys could say which are good and which are bad and tell me which ones I should add to my list.

www.xpmedical.com/dry247.html I want them for their urine capacity

www.xpmedical.com/abriform.html these look thick and fun

bambinodiapers.com/bambino-variety-case-c-11.html I wanna test before I buy get one large test and one medium test and see how they fit

bambinodiapers.com/bambino-bellissimo-c-13.html these look amazing im am deffinatly getting these

bambinodiapers.com/molicare-super-plus-c-10. I see these in a lot of photos and a lot of people recomend them...however im still not sold as these look like cloth and seem thin.

www.abuniverse.com/products/tranquilityatn.asp these look nice but I've never heard about them...would love to know if anyone has ever bought these and if they liked them.

www.abuniverse.com/products/wellnessbriefs.asp im not sure about these...

http://www.abunivers...cts/abu-usp.asp buy 2 mediums and 2 large and figure out which are good so I don't blow a lot of money on crappy diapers

www.abuniverse.com/products/abu-sdk.asp these are supposed to be abuniverse no 1 diaper and I love the design on it. doesn't look like it can hold much though.

can you guys comment on these? which ones I should get. which ones I should pass on. and if there are any diapers I missed then please tell me, thanks!

A bit of a tangent... It sounds like one issue you're running up against is not being able to receive mail discreetly. Consider paying the $40-70 a year for a PO box, if you're expecting to be at home or at least in town for a while. I did it myself back in the day--it's a great way to keep the parental units from being nosy about what you get in the mail or who you're corresponding with. This is assuming you're in the US... the USPS also had a new service that allows it to function as a physical shipping address, which means you can get UPS/Fedex shipments to PO boxes. If you don't have a vehicle or decent transit options this might be moot though. At any rate it's something to consider...for anyone else in this situation too. You won't have to miss out on the better-quality things this way.

Unless they are not home I pretty much cannot wear diapers at all. my mom is a stay home mother and I run all her errands for her after work and my family does not know how to knock and my dad broke my door lock last fall so I have zero privacy besides the only place to hide my diapers is in the attic so I would have to parade even one diapers past eveyone before I could get to my room.

Unless they are not home I pretty much cannot wear diapers at all. my mom is a stay home mother and I run all her errands for her after work and my family does not know how to knock and my dad broke my door lock last fall so I have zero privacy besides the only place to hide my diapers is in the attic so I would have to parade even one diapers past eveyone before I could get to my room.

I've been in this situation before, and yes it does suck. For now, best thing is to bide your time and treat diapers as a once-in-a-while indulgence. Do you have your own car? You could keep a small stash there, for the occasional day that comes up where you have an opportunity, or are away for the day (if you wear out and about). They would be kept away from everyone else permanently that way. Do consider a PO box if you're having trouble getting your mail in confidence. I lived "at home" for a while when I was 21 or so because it was most practical, and a PO box is probably the best thing I invested in, even though we're only talking $40/year.

I recently tried the sampler pack from HDIS. You'll get both "cloth" and plastic backed diapers. Might be worth a look, that way you get a good idea of what you want,.

Speaking of HDIS are they still really bad about sending junk mail?

DO NOT waste your time and money on Tranquility All The Night through they are on the level of a "Depends" or "Prevail" pharmacy diaper available in chain stores, don't get me wrong some people like them but for you with a limited time frame to enjoy yourself and "be free to be you" avoid them later on in your diaper life if you really feel like you missed out on trying them then go for it and get them pissed , but for this time cross them off your list all the others are really a good selection of diapers that i think you will enjoy and it will drop your list to the top 8, now heres a perfect example of how low grade the Tranquility ATN diaper is my local medical supply place if you are on Medicaid and have a prescription for diapers you will get Tranquility ATN's and there is a commercial on TV my local affiliate of channel 2 with a soft spoken women who says " if you recieve state medicaid payments and are incontinent please call us ,some one like me will talk to you about you incontinent needs we ship in plain boxes,so no more embarrassing trips to the store,and we offer a range of products and we will send them to you until you are satisfied and they show "depends" "Tranquility" "Dignity" "Prevail" " Promise"(not to be confused with the margarine or is that gerbil lube) "Attends" "Maintain" , these are diapers that you don't want to try when you have limited freedom to do so when you have your own place and your bed is waterproof because these things do not flood well you can take them for a whiz but for now forget about them all.

Nappy

DO NOT waste your time and money on Tranquility All The Night through they are on the level of a "Depends" or "Prevail" pharmacy diaper available in chain stores, don't get me wrong some people like them but for you with a limited time frame to enjoy yourself and "be free to be you" avoid them later on in your diaper life if you really feel like you missed out on trying them then go for it and get them pissed , but for this time cross them off your list all the others are really a good selection of diapers that i think you will enjoy and it will drop your list to the top 8, now heres a perfect example of how low grade the Tranquility ATN diaper is my local medical supply place if you are on Medicaid and have a prescription for diapers you will get Tranquility ATN's and there is a commercial on TV my local affiliate of channel 2 with a soft spoken women who says " if you recieve state medicaid payments and are incontinent please call us ,some one like me will talk to you about you incontinent needs we ship in plain boxes,so no more embarrassing trips to the store,and we offer a range of products and we will send them to you until you are satisfied and they show "depends" "Tranquility" "Dignity" "Prevail" " Promise"(not to be confused with the margarine or is that gerbil lube) "Attends" "Maintain" , these are diapers that you don't want to try when you have limited freedom to do so when you have your own place and your bed is waterproof because these things do not flood well you can take them for a whiz but for now forget about them all.

Nappy

thanks , they looked cool and they looked really thick but I had a feeling they weren't really good so for now im gonna cross them off my list, is there any diapers that I do not have on there that you would suggest.?

Not that i can think of, you have picked a Dean's list of the gnarlyiest diapers a guy would want to try and experience.

I mean if it was your house and did not have to worry about what the neighbors said to Mom & Dad when they get back i would say:

4 kegs of your favorite beer 1 case of each diaper and you and 9 diaper buddies could have a hell of a blow out Diaper weekend for the whole three weeks just make sure somebody's sober enough to order fresh pizza before the pizza places close every night {lol}

Nappy

Not that i can think of, you have picked a Dean's list of the gnarlyiest diapers a guy would want to try and experience.

I mean if it was your house and did not have to worry about what the neighbors said to Mom & Dad when they get back i would say:

4 kegs of your favorite beer 1 case of each diaper and you and 9 diaper buddies could have a hell of a blow out Diaper weekend for the whole three weeks just make sure somebody's sober enough to order fresh pizza before the pizza places close every night {lol}

Nappy

lol nice however I don't have any friends who know or enjoy diapers with me. I told a good friend I thought I could trust and it totally backfired (lets just say I had to change high schools after 2 months) so I have decided to be a closet dl unless im out in public were no one would know me.

also im more of a wine drinker myself.

I am a fan of the tena brand. Right now I am in college so I don't have a lot of money to spend, and they are pretty cheap. At the same time they are absorbent and really comfortable. The cheapest place I found them actually was on amazon...

I am a fan of the tena brand. Right now I am in college so I don't have a lot of money to spend, and they are pretty cheap. At the same time they are absorbent and really comfortable. The cheapest place I found them actually was on amazon...

can you tell me what diaper exactly you like? it seems they have a couple different kinds of diapers they have.

*updated*

I found 3 on amazon that sound like the ones you're talking about so ill leave the links and you tell me which one you use.

http://www.amazon.com/Tena-Diapers-Medium-Briefs-146-3553/dp/B002DVAZX6/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1340294376&sr=1-2&keywords=tena+adult+diapers

http://www.amazon.com/Tena-Stretch-Underwear-Regular-36-Count/dp/B00196BBOI/ref=sr_1_3?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1340294376&sr=1-3&keywords=tena+adult+diapers

http://www.amazon.com/Tena-Classic-Brief-Medium-12-Count/dp/B0048BGV7I/ref=sr_1_6?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1340294376&sr=1-6&keywords=tena+adult+diapers

im a huge fan of bambinos. they seem to be exactly what you're looking for too. i would definitely recommend these. they got really cute design and also they feel thick even with just one diaper and they hold alot so you dont have to worry about leakage. But my favorite thing about bambino is how fast they ship. it's like almost next day delivery. and they do free shipping so it keeps the cost down. i always order the classico, teddy, and belissimo. i would recommend all 3.

If you like thick plastic diapers then I'd recommend Molicare Super plus (the purple ones) first and fore most. After that, Bambino's (with teddy bears) and Abena L4's are usually good bets (though Abena has had problems with quality control lately). Dry 24/7 and Secure X-pluses are also thick but tend to leak on me more (of course this will depend specifically on your fit. For others the opposite will be true). All the other diapers (Tena, ATN, Wellness, ABU etc) are thinner.

Stay away from the "cloth like" diapers. They always have a horrible fit, won't stay "tapped", and are useless for containing all but the smallest peeing, and leaks.

Make sure you check prices before you buy. I have noticed as much as $20 difference betwenn various sites. I have found ABUniverse the best prices for Abeenas.

If you like thick plastic diapers then I'd recommend Molicare Super plus (the purple ones) first and fore most. After that, Bambino's (with teddy bears) and Abena L4's are usually good bets (though Abena has had problems with quality control lately). Dry 24/7 and Secure X-pluses are also thick but tend to leak on me more (of course this will depend specifically on your fit. For others the opposite will be true). All the other diapers (Tena, ATN, Wellness, ABU etc) are thinner.

Stay away from the "cloth like" diapers. They always have a horrible fit, won't stay "tapped", and are useless for containing all but the smallest peeing, and leaks.

thanks but can you tell me why everyone seems to love those molicare super plus diapers? they don't look that good but all I hear is praise for those diapers...also I found a a wheelchair store 10 minutes away from my job and im thinking about stoping in and buying some instead of shipping them.

My guess is that the pictures you're looking at aren't doing them much justice. Molicare's are possibly the thickets, best fitting, and most absorbent diapers all around. You will always get a few that they won't fit good for, but; They are comparably less expensive than most other brands out there (when factoring in total changes per day), easy to get, and pretty much the baseline for all other diapers. To date there is only one real complaint about them and that's their purple color.

You'll be lucky to find any store near you (in the US) that carries Molicare diapers though. They will most likely have Depends, Wings or some other store/off brand (all cheaply made & tailored to our aging population with small leaks). If you have an address that's good for deliveries then you're best just going for the shipping. Any reputable or honest company will have it already factored in to the price anyways, but you'll still have to look (hint; Gary with xp medical rocks).

Another hint is that if you do not have a private delivery address then you can order from xpmedical.com and when you checkout select fedex ground. Fedex will hold your package for pickup at any of their Fedex Office locations for free.

All you have to do when you check out is put your real address for the billing information and then for shipping address it will look like this:

Your Name

Hold for Pickup

Address of Fedex Office location

Then just be sure to bring a government issued ID with you to pick it up. They will also call you when it is ready to be picked up.

Due to my situation it really is the only place I can order as most other places seem to ship UPS or for samples USPS, which are hit and miss for holding for pickup and you will certainly have to call to find out if they will do it for your local office for UPS/USPS.

I tried Bambino's probably two years ago now and know they have changed, so really want to try them, but they ship UPS, so unless I rent a mailbox at a UPS Store or other privately owned mailbox rental store I won't be getting them anytime soon.

I just ordered samples last week myself from xpmedical as it has been awhile since I had tried different ones because I had found the perfect diaper for me, which was the Secure Active Ultra Plus. Now they are discontinued though, so looking for my next best choice now. Before I found those my favorites were Molicare Super Plus as they are one of the best fitting for me and also one of the best ones to quickly take in a flood, so it doesn't leak when flooded.