LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu Nappies

Its cheaper to order direct from ABUniverse.com (i.e. from the US) and have them shipped over - this is what I do when I order Cushies, SDKs, Tranquility ATNs etc. (which aren't generally available from EU suppliers). When you factor in the exchange-rate to EUR, you're actually paying more to have them shipped from Finland (probably because the Finland stockist is ordering direct from ABU like I do/anyone can, then reselling them on with a profit margin).

When ordering direct, the shipping is more expensive than the products, but the more you order the less it becomes as a percentage*. For me it works out about £1.65/diaper including shipping (~$2.54). You can get it down to about £1.45 I think - if you order enough. As a rule of thumb, shipping is 125% of the cost of the products when you apply discounts etc. So if you order £65 ($100) worth of product, you're looking at about £146 ($225) total inc. shipping.

There was a post on this on r/ABDL on reddit recently and I replied with this:

It's still cheaper to buy direct from ABUniverse.com from what I can tell ... well, it is if you want 40 or 80 anyway (... and seriously, does anyone really buy less than 40 at a time unless its a sample pack?)

When I did the math on shipping to the UK it worked out as something like 20-30GBP (25-38 EUR) cheaper buying direct, including delivery via FedEx.

Oh, and I'm not saying an EU stockist is a bad thing. There were a few others who tried (abversand - Germany, eu-dl - UK/Netherlands, bigbabyfun - UK) but they seem to have given up.

If you're REALLY paranoid about "undergarments" appearing on the customs declaration then you might want to order from this one instead of direct with ABU - but otherwise it seems wiser to buy direct.

* --> Note that there is some weirdness where you add enough to your order that you end up adding an extra box to be shipped but by not filling it you end up paying for unused space/weight (i.e. if a case takes 80 diapers, ordering 170 is silly as you need 3 boxes - It makes far more sense to order 160 or 240. IMPORTANT NOTE: It is not actually this simple as weight is also a factor, but the principal is valid. Play with the shipping estimator on their site to see what I mean).

Only way for imported diapers to be a success in Europe is if they have a big company selling them, like airoliver :whistling:

As long as they offer something superior (i.e. that people will switch to) compared to what we already have and at a price-point where people are willing to make the purchase, the invisible hand will take care of it. All european countries import huge volumes of things every day and there are loads of small companies that import small-ish (less than 5000 pack) quantities and (re)sell them. You really need to define 'success' - some people are happy to pay a [major] premium for certain products (i.e. they are price-insensitive) - so much so that EU distributors aren't necessary for the limited market available.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm the guy that made that post in r/abdl...I just ordered from ABU this week.Unfortunately they are low on SDK's, so I was only able to order 10, but I got 30 cushies too.Looking forward to trying them, I hope I like them as I bought so many!!

How long do they normally take to ship to the Uk?Is the 'adult undergarments' thing on the shopping note very obvious, or would you have to open the documents to see it?

• 3 weeks later...

How long do they normally take to ship to the Uk?Is the 'adult undergarments' thing on the shopping note very obvious, or would you have to open the documents to see it?

Normally 4 to 6 days I've found (to your door). FedEx are pretty damn good most of the time. That said, I've found it's worth calling my local depot before my stuff arrives and asking them to hold the consignment until I can collect. You can normally collect up until 8PM at FedEx sites and sometimes you can get your stuff a day earlier if you do it that way (if not, you can still get it the same day you otherwise would - but you don't have to wait about for the driver to get back in and you can pick it up on your own time).

Also, when ordering it's worth making sure they put "VAT Exempt (VAT Notice 701/7, 4.5.4)" on the shipping note (if you're incontinent) as nappies are zero rated. If you don't you'll end up getting a bill from FedEx which you need to dispute (or pay).

Sorry at the late reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the 'adult undergarments' thing on the shopping note very obvious, or would you have to open the documents to see it?

Would it be possible for someone to answer this please?

Would it be possible for someone to answer this please?

Yes.

Is the 'adult undergarments' thing on the shopping note very obvious, or would you have to open the documents to see it?

Its not "obvious", but its clearly visible if you look for it (i.e. its on the box so customs don't have to go opening it up, normally in a document wallet to to the left or right of the address label).

This point comes up far to much, so let me have this rant ... (please read it).

Can I ask why it actually matters to you that it's printed on the package at all?

From my own experience, I found that after you've had diapers delivered (or bought them in-store) 3 or 4 times you really stop thinking this is such a big deal and it becomes like anything else. Its like buying condoms I suppose: when you're a teenager the first few times feels a little "omg omg omg this is so embarrassing", but after the 4th or 5th time you're over it and have learned to not give two fucks about them. Now you can happily chuck in condoms, lube etc. along with your cabbage, bacon, potatoes, new pair of BBQ tongs, shower gel and the rest of your shopping. Same principal applies to ordering/buying nappies.

For deliveries, at worst the FedEx man (who has over a hundred other deliveries to make today and is thus ONLY concerned with the address and being as fast as possible) is going to give you a knowing smile and sod off to his next delivery as soon as you've signed. More likely she/he doesn't even know and definitely doesn't give a shit as to what is in the package. She/he just wants to get delivery 78 of 114 completed as soon as he can.

Even if you live in a place (say, student halls) where mail goes to a central point and you claim it, I don't see why you'd care. Just like with the FedEx agent, its none of their business to start with and they're not going to put their career on the line by invading your privacy. In the worst case where, say, the box gets ripped and it is by some miracle possible for them to obviously figure out what is in the package, they'll be as embarrassed as you are (or a lot more) and will want to avoid talking about it and forget about the whole thing as soon as possible. Just go get your packages when others aren't.

So, seriously, stop giving so much of a shit about it all. Order your diapers, have them delivered, wear them yourself and/or put them on your consenting adult partner and stop worrying about if the mail man finds out.

Unless... of course... you're a major celebrity or public figure and want to be private about it. In which case you've got a load of options: have a staff member under an NDA order and receive them for you, setup a shell company based at an address you own and have them delivered to the company, tell your PR agent and have an injunction issued if someone knows/talks about it, etc. etc. etc.

Well, I live in a shared flat with two other people. I definitely dont want them to see it.

I went and picked up my delivery from the fedex depot...and Im glad I did. The thing saying 'adult undergarments' is not big, but its still pretty obvious...if my flatmates were feeling nosy that day, they definitely would have seen it. Then maybe I gotta answer some awkward questions. I dont wanna risk it.

Dammit, I didnt realise it was exempt from VAT, I ended up paying 20 quid extra :(

Oh well, I love the nappies anyway :)

Well, I live in a shared flat with two other people. I definitely dont want them to see it.

I went and picked up my delivery from the fedex depot...and Im glad I did. The thing saying 'adult undergarments' is not big, but its still pretty obvious...if my flatmates were feeling nosy that day, they definitely would have seen it. Then maybe I gotta answer some awkward questions. I dont wanna risk it.

I didn't really think of this, but OK, it makes sense.