LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Book--Sewing "Little Girl" Clothes

Do any readers sew your own clothes? Have you ever thought about it? Are you daring enough to try your hand at making little girl outfits for yourselves? If so, then my most recent book is for you. It is entitled "Sissies' Guide to Simple Sewing" You may think the price of $51.00 is a bit steep, but be aware that the publisher sets the final price and that I am also working toward publishing an electronic, downloadable version of the book that will sell for much less.

Sewing sissy clothes doesn't have to be difficult, and by doing it yourself, you gain control of the final product. "Sissies' Guide to Simple Sewing" takes you through all the steps from drafting patterns to choosing material, cutting it out, and sewing everything together. The book offers suggestions for embellishments as well.

Although I encourage you to patronize the seamstresses that do such a wonderful job making commercially available sissy outfits, there's no reason you can't make clothes of your own. Actually, the outfits in the book are more little-girlish than actual all-out frilly sissy dresses. As I say in the book, "Not everyone wants to dress like Little Bo Peep." If you want the look of a real child, then you have to wear clothes that she would wear and that's what "Sissies' Guide to Simple Sewing" is really about.

There is also a section for adult babies that deals with cloth diapers and waterproof pants.

Go to Lulu.com. The book item number is: 20117733.

Better yet, here is the link: http://www.lulu.com/shop/baby-june/sissies-guide-to-simple-sewing/paperback/product-20117733.html

If you're interested in sewing, check out the book for yourself. (Electronic version should be available at a much reduced cost shortly).

BabyJune

• Like 1

"Sissies' Guide to Simple Sewing" is now formatted for downloading as a .pdf file at a much-reduced cost. The 200-page spiral bound edition is $51.00 due to the fact that it is full color to accomodate the photographs and diagrams. The downloadable version (for Adobe) is only $9.99. Sorry--I couldn't format it for the Kindle or Zune e-readers because of the dimensions of the book. It has to be 9" by 7" in formatting to match the size of the print version so that the pictures and instructions will be aligned as they are in the physical book.

I hope you are interested in making your own clothes and want to take a peek at the book on Lulu.com.

Baby June

• Like 1

Hey Baby June,

That's a great idea for a book and there is a great likelihood I will buy it. Does most of it require a sewing machine? My wife and I were thinking about buying a sewing machine for our own alterations. Also does the book disclose how to make plastic pants and/or cloth diapers? Or maybe do you have a list of all you cover in the book? I mean just general clothing types, nothing super detailed.

I bought the book. It does presume a sewing machine. It does have plastic pants and some info on diaper (though rectangular diapers are pretty darn easy, my wife made a bunch after I cornered the market in diaper fabric from a number of local fabric stores).

Sorry I couldn't respond sooner. I wasn't near a "private" computer. I hope you enjoy the book. Although it does seem to require a sewing machine, any of the outfits or diapers/waterproof pants could be sewn by hand. I'm sure you will agree, though, that a sewing machine is faster and makes more accurate stitches.

• 2 weeks later...

I love sewing! Thanks for making the book more affordable! I can't wait to get my hands on the .pdf file! Thanks again!

Glad to hear that you enjoy sewing. It's like therapy sometimes. I'm working on a gathered, tiered skirt this weekend that just might make it into a more advanced sewing guide...if I choose to write one.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Sewing is something that seems difficult at first, but once you master the basics, "the sky's the limit!" I've made close to 70 outfits and love to try new techniques. The best thing to do is get a sewing machine and go for it!