LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Online Purchase Dilemma

I've decide to try ordering diapers online to tap into a far greater number of choices than available locally, but I have some reservations. My greatest being that it is impossible to determine where they are being made. With all the economic turmoil lately I'm trying to go out of my way to support North American manufacturing, and avoid Chinese-made products whenever possible (their beggar-thy-neighbour trade practices coupled with corporate greed/consumer-indifference have destroyed numerous domestic manufacturers around the world). There are also environmental/quality-health worries/ethical/etc issues that I won't bother going into.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has made a comprehensive of list of where different popular diapers are actually made. I'd particularly like to know what's made in North America so I can give them priority, and what's made in China so I can cut it from my list. If choices are too limited I'd probably go for a good European diaper.

Usually country of origin is supposed to be labelled on the packaging, for anyone interested. Sometimes companies sneak around it with "distributed by". What I've found so far:

Goodnites: "made in usa"

Depend: formerly "made in usa" now "made in mexico"

Tranquility ATN: "made in usa"

I'd appreciate any help in building this list (Abena?/Bambino?/Molicare?/Attends?/... etc)

Thanks,

palm

Abena's are definitely of European origin. I don't see an official declaration, but my guess would be Denmark.

I would suspect most of the molicares come from Europe as well though they did buy up Whitestone which produced other brand of diapers in the US (one of their plants was down the road from me).

Attends is produced (currently) in North Carolina though they also have a plant in Sweden it would appear.

Tena claims 29 plants in 24 countries, but I don't know where the US market stuff is made.

If I remember correctly Molicares are at least handled or made by the Hartmann Company in Rockhill S.C. they are then distributed or also made by Medline depending on which version. Couldn't really say if they are Manufactured in the US of A or not. I know they used to be a German company. So yeah anyway thats my take on them.

Bambino is or was made overseas, but as to where I wouldn't want to guess. They are now reporting a new machine making their diapers so it is possible, but not probable they are made in the U.S.A. as they seem to run out quite a bit and wait for shipments.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, I ended up getting Molicare Super Plus and Abena X Plus. I was unable to find anything good produced in North America that I couldn't already get locally.

What I found:

Molicare Super Plus "made in france"

Abena X Plus "made in denmark"

I was tempted to go for Bambino, but all the information I could find on them points to "made in China" and I can't really bring myself to support that, as much as I'd like to support a company that produces specifically for the abdl community. I found a local Attends supplier, and I'd still like to try dry 24/7 and Lille supreme fit. I tried Tena Super before but I wasn't a big fan of the clothy material they all seem to have gone with and they ended up leaking on me.

I cant say where they come from but I can highly recommend abena and would like to dissuade you from wasting your time on lille unless you like thin nappies that need changing after one wetting, I have also heard very good things about dry 24/7 but they are not available here in the uk so that points towards made in the states rather than in china or europe.

Thanks leafy kille, I'll probably pass on the lille then. So far I'm very impressed with the Abena and Molicare I ended up getting. It sounds like Wellness is made in Turkey but I haven't heard much about them. It's tough to get information on a lot of these companies and I suspect some manufacture in several different locations; though I'd imagine that, if they have manufacturing locations outside of China, the products being imported here are most likely from those locations.

OP, any diaper that is American made is crap plain and simple. Any thick, plastic backed diapers on the market today are Not mad in the USA . American companies don't have a clue what a great disposable diaper is. Abena or Drylife 24/7 are tops in my book and they aren't made here. And for the record, Anything that looks to be made here are really made in China, or a third world country.