LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Pail?

Mine is not for my cloth diapers- I use it to hold disposables till trash day ;) It's a turquiise colored 5 gallon bucket and snap-on lid from the paint department at Walmart. Half a box of baking soda reduces odors and is renewed weekly. My cloth diapers are rinsed when I shower, then placed in the partly-filled washing machine :) Every 2-3 days I give them a rinse and spin, then the rest of the laundry goes in and I do the whole thing at once. Since I don't poop my diapers this works well for me :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

I looked around for a diaper pail for ages. I needed 3 key features:

1: Ability to hold a decent amount of adult diapers. Face it folks, most diaper disposal systems are designed for only baby diapers. The ones I've found could only hold 3-6 adult diapers per liner.

2: Odor control. At the time, I was working 8 hour days at walmart, in a Bambino I wouldn't need to change at work, I'd come home and take off a diaper that was just saturated to hell and back. After a few days, the diapers would start smelling bad.

3: Economical refills and easy to install.

In the end, I just said screw it, I saw a 13-gallon covered trash can on clearance at Walmart, I called my mom, told her to pick me up. I was bringing a bulky purchase home. I now use 30 gallon Hefty brand black trash bags--they're opaque and can hold the weight of a weeks worth of diapers. Since I only use it for diapers usually and I'm the only one using it, I can go a whole week without emptying it usually. Once Cody moves, it'll be our main trash can, and thus we'll be emptying it every 2-3 days. Once a week, I sprinkle about a quarter cup of talc baby powder and 3tbsp baking soda into the bottom of the diaper pail to keep odor down. For smellier diapers, I bag them individually in plastic shopping bags, every store I go to has at least one regular bagger that knows I reuse the bags and that I need a LOT of them. One of my former coworkers from Walmart actually practically tore half of a pack of bags off and stuffed them into one of my bags "accidentally" it set me for two months!!

There's one funny story, I'd been staging all the garbage bags in the garage so I could combine the kitchen and bathroom trash into a big trash bag. my mom came out and decided to help me, she reaches for the diaper pail, I said "Don't, let me take care of that, you'll be sorry" she proceeds to tip the whole thing upside down into the main garbage can with a new liner........remember that talc and baking soda? Yep! She forgot I did that, there ended up being a mushroom cloud of baby powder. I don't think I could pay her to empty my diaper pail now.

• Like 1

I really need to get one. I throw my diapers out often enough but I'd like to havea pail soif I feel like being lazy for a day or two they won't start smelling. I want to get the diaper dekor xl. I keep putting it off but now that I'm stocked up on diapers that's going to be the next thing I buy.

I have the diaper dekor Xl and it's great. I use white trash bags in it instead of paying for the refills. They got expensive.

I used to use the plastic tubs that kitty litter comes in. It holds half a dozen dirty diapers, and the lid snaps shut so it doesn't smell. (provided you remember to empty once in a while)

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Diaper Champ, you toss the diaper in the top and rotate in either back or forth (pending on wear the lever is) works REALLY well at keeping the smell sealed away. You can use any garbage bags so that you do not need any special ones. I use a scented bags because you still need to remove toe bag when it gets full and that can be stinky. I used to use regular bags but have the scented ones work better at containing the stink. If need be I can add images of the pail.

I want on of those older type that have the deodorizer disk in the lid. I have always been fascinated by those, and I don't know why, but the smell of those is almost like an aphrodisiac to me :blush: Nothing else says that there is a diaper wearer around than the smell of a diaper pail :P ....well...other than a full diaper :blush:

All the new "high tech' diaper disposal systems don't have that "smell' so it's kind of missing.

It's actually that smell and the smell of Dreft for washing clothes or diapers that is just ...UGH! I can't explain it :wub: I guess it's all just part of the whole "diaper thing", but the smell goes along with everything else. Disposables don't have that, and being a 'cloth kid' thats what I know and enjoy....something that you disposable users are missing out on :P

• 2 weeks later...

This diaper pail is the best,has great reviews on the cottonbabies site. It is a 54qt, you can get a liner from Planetwise,comes in many colors and is easy to take to the washer.Both items are great products.We wash diapers once a week and no issues.

Perhaps the type of pail you need might be different if you wear cloth or disposable diapers? I wear cloth and have have the 54 quart diaper pail from adultclothdiaper.com. I use a tall kitchen plastic bag as a liner. I just replace the plastic bag as needed.

CDL

For disposables I just use a trash bag. I get the oder sheild ones and tie the real tight, you can fill then up and as long as they are tied tight there is no oder. They can be stashed anywhere, this is great for someone like me who hasnt moved out yet. I have mine sitting at the foot of my bed.

I have been looking at the dekor xl. My current pail is much like the ones talked about here just a walmart type kitchen trash can. I noticed after awhile the pail absorbs the odors in the plastic itself. So even when empty it smells of a really old wet diaper. I would like to try the dekor, its just a bit expensive. But it looks like it would probably contain the odors even after opening it to pitch in a dirty diaper. Mine now smells up the bathroom for a short time after opening the lid since its just a regular trash can.

Being that I don't own a washer and dryer, I resort to disposables and just throw them in the trash, with the rest of my garbage. Once the can is full, I take the bag out and pitch it into the dumpster down stairs.