LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Discussing Abdl-Related Topics With Non-Abdls

So a friend of mine is taking a human sexuality class this semester and he crashed at my place last night. We were talking about it and I was flipping through the book when I found a passage on fetishism and the like. I thought to myself, "oh, this'll be good" and kept looking through it while he was on the computer. So, there was a section on infantilism and adult babies. I was kind of surprised because it was very well written and completely unbiased. Also, it covered almost a full page. If I get a chance to see the passage again, I'll cite it on here for everyone.

If that wasn't odd enough, the very next day I was sitting in the student center with two girls just talking about random stuff. One of the girls starts talking about her sex offender psychology class, which made for a pretty interesting discussion. Eventually, paraphilias came up and sure enough, abdlism as well. I played dumb and inquired as to what it was while she explained it. From her explanation, she sounded put off by it while the other girl didn't really give two shits either way, but the first girl wasn't exactly against it, only saying that it was odd, which led me to believe that whoever is writing these textbooks and teaching these two classes either one, knows their stuff, or two, is pretty free-minded when it comes to these things.

It's nice to see that the fetish/lifestyle (whichever your flavor) is gaining positive attention in educational areas compared to the negative stuff you see online and in the media.

I kinda regret playing stupid to the idea now that I've had time to think about it. I could have at least lied a bit and said that an ex was into it or something like that. Has anyone else actually had the chance to discuss this intellectually with other non-abdls without accidentally outing themselves?

when the whole taboo episode and ensuing investigation was going on, everyone was talking about it at work and links to articles were flying... i never played dumb, but then again, we soo allll sorts of weird things, so for pretty much everyone it wasn't gross or disgusting.. jsut one more hilarious thing we read about..

but yeah so i just went with the flow of the discussion... didn't see any need to be like "actually....." but then again, where i work because of our job, most people realize it takes all types...

I have never heard it discussed, but everyone who knows me also knows that I am highly individualistic, non-judgmental, and tolerant of diversity :) They would not be surprised by my non-nonchalance as I said "To each their own. If they're not hurting anyone it's none of your business either." :P When similar discussions happen around me I always point out to people that the "expert" who brought it up actually knows nothing about it, they only have an uneducated opinion. If they continue I get blunt and ask them how long they've been that way :lol: When they say "never" then I say "Uh-huh. Just what I thought. You really don't know what you're talking about" then I walk away as everyone realizes I am right.

It's as much how you handle it as it is what is said. Use your words to point out ignorance and stupidity if you're not going to use them to educate- the effect is similar as it prevents the growth of stupidity :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

Well, infantilism has been in the DSM since 1987, as a type of masochism. The fetish-freakshow-that-TV-can-actually-show aspect isn't going away. Mediocre sexology books and most talk shows will continue to present the most extreme and least functional as the archetype. There isn't much that we can do about this, except try to present examples that don't fit the stereotype.

I'm concerned that some irresponsible authors will gloss over the Wikipedia article, then gloss over two sources on a hypothesis mentioned in three places in the Wikipedia article, and print that infantilism is a type of pedophilia. Had they given it careful thought, they would know that this is due to one editor who has fought to cite one author's hypothesis, which might be based on only one case, and has not been adopted by any independent authorities.

Anyone reading about infantilism in a college textbook needs to be aware that the topic is covered clinically and is based on medical research. You won't find any "opinion" one way or another, because it is treated a couple of ways depending on the behavior of the person. For someone who gets "turned on" by baby objects such as pacifiers, bottles, and, of course diapers, it is labeled as a paraphilia. Think of the word "paraphernalia." Paraphilia is getting aroused sexually by an item not normally thought to cause arousal. So the experts aren't looking it it as "baby objects" per se; they're looking at it as a person's reaction to an object. If a person role-plays the part of a baby/toddler, that's a behavioral aspect that is brought about by a different set of stimuli. Instead of an object triggering arousal, an event triggers it--either a positive early memory of being a baby or a pleasant experience when acting like a baby. The pleasant experience reinforces the behavior, so the behavior continues.

As you might have figured out, I majored in psychology many years ago. And no, I didn't stay in the profession as interesting as it was. Oddly enough, I've never run into anyone in everyday encounters that has any idea what infantilism is. I was even a counselor at a crisis phone center for almost eight years and never dealt with such clients. (Maybe it's not that much of a problem for people who experience it). Infantilism only seems to be considered a problem when it negatively affects the life of a person and the people around them.

i thnk most people who have alternative sexually interests - i.e. some form of fetishistic behavior or roleplaying, unless it is interfering negatively with their life it is not seen as a problem

The taboo show certainly doesn't help matters in terms of viewing as a fetish instead of as a "disorder," but I definitely agree with Betty about preventing stupidity by calling people out on their opinions. My parents raised me on the "try everything at least twice" mentality (of course, this applied to food, but I've sort of manipulated it to stand for pretty much any experience), so I tend not to pass judgement on anything until I've had a chance to try it out.

• 1 month later...

iv run into this was a topic on raido talk show. so my co workers thaut it was funney and weird the bigest problem is the gross out factor and assiocition of diapers to children ive been open with a co worker about geting spanked over the knee when i pissed off my wife that dosent brother people as much its not grosse and the dont assoate it to children as much

I can't say it's ever come up in conversation seriously but a few times when friends have been talking about fetishes, diapers have been mentioned ^^"

Also, what's this taboo thing?

[Edit] Nevermind that last part, I managed to find some info.

When I first got on the net when I was 13. I showed my older brother [That site] diaper page. I showed him the drawing's to see what he thought. And surprisingly he actually liked them. He only said. As long as it's not hurting anyone. I don't see anything wrong with it.

My dad actually knows a lady that is an adult baby. So he knows about this lifestyle and he's okay with it.

I know he'd be okay and accepting if I told him about me. But I don't think he wants to know. And there really is no benefit to telling.